Tree of Savior Forum

Behind the scenes @ IMC

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to have a live test server for our steam servion? If it could help. :slight_smile:

Is this something youā€™ve thought about or not?

2 Likes

I feel like weā€™re derailing a bit since this isnā€™t really a Q&A session per se butā€¦ We have talked about it, but doubt it will to come to fruition due to numerous factors. Iā€™m sure that weā€™ll make an announcement if the situation changes and we are able to bring such good news. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m desperate. Can you guys please notify the devs to reconsider Shinobi yellow eyed flower quest? 3 weeks and I havenā€™t seen the flower. Itā€™s too hardcore for casual players like me (I have a job) that wants to play the class. I know itā€™s supposed to be hard because ā€œuniqueā€ but you guys are limiting something that could be enjoyed by your other players. I know a couple of guys that quit because they couldnā€™t get theirs. Iā€™m also in semi-hiatus, logging in once in a while to check if the flower is on. Itā€™s really discouraging.

The flower is dpk and only spawns after a certain amount of monsters are killed. If nobody grinds there the flower never spawns.

Thatā€™s why most of ppl here would probably like to have some kind of Q&A at least once a week so we can have a glimpse of whatā€™s in the workshop.
You can clearly see that once GMs show on forum ppl swarm them with various questions because, well, we do not have any other way. I know that youre still looking for Community Manager but until that happen you should definitely provide us with some Q&A once a while even if its just a comic.

4 Likes

I was going to say something about that, and Mr No seem to be too lazy to redo his work, since instead of No, he just say Yeah, just put it up and deal with the rest laterā€¦

Now just wait a second there, how come ā€œsomeā€ bugs donā€™t appear on the tests? I really doubt a bug in skills wouldnā€™t appear in a test, also, when you apply a patch and a bug appear, specially the ones that cause heavy issues, you simple roll back to the previous patch and try to fix to be applied again later.

Who said the team was small again?

Now a question for you Ethan, why you guys donā€™t implement a test server here also, if the issue is the differences in kToS and iToS codding, which I really am trying to get that difference except the language used in some variables and what not, also in the database, which could be used a ā€œmaskingā€ or symlink to auto- translate from one to another.

That way, you can do a more specific quality check, we can check also and suggest some modifications, and you avoid major issues in the live servers.

This ^ and make it in the forums, not on FB pages or w/e you people want.

Touche.

4 Likes

Lies.
@Artreides just go to alemeth. Pick a channel with 0 people. Sit down for 4 hours and set up an alarm clock. Do not leave channel and do not disconnect. Anywhere between 4 - 5 hours the flower will spawn.
I have done that twice and it worked both times 1st at 4-50 and second time at 4-35

what are you saying am the CM of the forum :blush:

THAT WAS A JOKE, PLEASE PEOPLE DONā€™T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY

I really am the Cutest Member of the forum :3

Done

/20blahblahasdasd

I will give you a 1 for time wasted, but I hope you learned about bubbles and text borders from this oneā€¦

1 Like

@tehtar Well, thatā€™s sort of why this series started in the first place. We wanted to show you guys bits of whatā€™s actually happening in a less formal setting. Weā€™re able to answer/talk about some things that we would be more hesitant to do so in a more official announcement/post due toā€¦ internal restrictions shall we say?

@Nirimetus I canā€™t really get into the nitty gritty of why some bugs donā€™t get caught because Iā€™m not a dev/programmer/QA tester so I donā€™t know the exact specifics myself. Not to mention there are a few other internal restrictions.

However, I have overheard from other people in-office that our merging/testing process is a bit different ineffective to other places in the industry because programming language that I didnā€™t fully grasp.

I DO know from my personal testing experiences that some features seem to be fine only to have some bugs crop up afterwards that werenā€™t there when I was testing. I canā€™t explain why/how, but well it happenedā€¦

As for your final point on implementing a test server for Steam, I think I kind of already answered that above.

5 Likes

@STAFF_Ethan Can I ask something? One of the constant complains of some players is how some small maintenance can always take up 4 hours such as ā€œ4 hours for fixing only thatā€. Is there any way you could do a comic like this one to talk a bit on what happens and why are the 4 hours needed?

I know you already answered above, but I feel inclined to reinforce the idea exactly for the reasons I pointed.

Also, about the debugging process, I know that some issues wonā€™t be detected due to lack of massive interaction (ex.: area with more than 30 players or a full group casting aoe skills).

Well, I will cut the chat here, this isnā€™t the right thread anyway, IF you guys decide start one properly discussion about this then I will join.

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

2 Likes

:kiss:

1 Like

Excellent and Elegant Popolionā€¦?

1 Like

The staffs wont give concrete answers anyway. Its always ā€˜possiblyā€™, ā€˜ifā€™, ā€˜not sureā€™, ā€˜soonā€™. Iā€™d like the discussion to have our favourite hkkim who is often randomly seen lurking in the shadow of ToF but never actually replied to anyone, and of course all staffs.

2 Likes

Itā€™s more like thisā€¦

Well, I wonā€™t bother anyway, Iā€™m in a small leave from ToS till I see something significant, wasting my time in Mu Legends (AKA F2P Diablo 3 mega clone terrible done LOL).

@LunarRabbit Thatā€™s actually a good idea. Iā€™ll put in on the list of possible topics to use. Thanks for the suggestion. :wink:

@Nirimetus Hopefully weā€™ll soon be able to start another topic that has a bit more room for in-depth discussion. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

no need for comics, we all know the devs/staff throw a party inside the game for 3h during maintenance and then in the last 30s load the patch :3

1 Like

Instead of making a comic fan art - how about spending your time fixing the game / answering people questions? just an idea.

7 Likes