Tree of Savior Forum

Auto Attack (A2/QS3/x/x) Guide

thanks for the heads up. I am currently @ lv 90+ QS3 with arde and crafisun

2 follow up questions,

1. since running shot work, does SR have faster attack speed? since it’s xbow + pistol?
  2. And is SR worth it to take for rank 7? or would canoneer be better?

Scout c3 skill Split Arrow is a viable option for AA QS build?? Whats the advantages for going Archer c3??

And whay it is the max ping for this buid??

Thnaks!!

1. You get the faster attackspeed buff but its the same mounted or not. Since you gte extra Movespeed its kinda cool feels much better.

2. The thing is SR is actually pretty shitty compared to the other rank6-7 classes you could go for SR c2 in hope for a great c3 skill in future or a buff in future patches. But at the moment SR2 is not good compared too Muskeet or Canno.

Ah and my SR is at lvl 200 now and ive got to warn you this build need some nasty EQ otherwise you wont have fun past lvl 200.

i’m really torn with rank 6+7 which bodes down to omitting A3 from my build or not even if the main title is A3 > Q3.

i decided that i really want falconer(C1) for its AOE but don’t really know after that so it’ll either look like:
A3 > QS3 > falconer
or
A2 > QS3 > falconer > ?

it’s weird how musketeer/cannoneer etc. seem like popular choices but i dislike that my archer seems to move further and further away from being an archer and suddenly have to carry muskets and guns XD.

i guess my main points of contention for A3 are:
-kneeling shot with 10 points seems hard to pull off since you never seem to remain stationary long enough to get off those shots before they rush and kill you(great for parties with tanks etc. but probably not solo).
-twin arrows doesn’t work with running shot but i guess it’s good for when RS is on CD.
-another thing that hurts is that it seems like attack animation canceling doesn’t work on ITOS compared to KTOS which drags overall attack speed(and therefore viability) down altogther.

advice anyone? what’s the best way to stay “archer-like” and get around the above issues? or am i just blowing the negatives out of proportion and i’ll be fine with A3/QS3/falconer?

As EternalRift said rank 7 class damage is so much higher than other ranks to be ignored

im also thinking on dropping 1 circle of archer cause of your listed cons
i think a2>qs3>falconer>musk/cannon is fine for your purpose but it’s your call

I have been debating on rank 6 for a long time. I am personally leaning a bit toward Falconeer for Circling alone. A few things that I am finding about scaling is making A3 seem sad to me.

Thus, the reason I’ve not finished the skills/path guide lol.

Hi, all

I want to ask, is Sapper 2 is still viable after we take Arc1->qs3->arc2 ?
something like this
AA Sapper

AA-ing when enemy trapped sounds fun or i should just go with falconer -> musketeer ? something like this
AA Musket

hi,

would love your opinion on my build, which one would you recommend and why?

1st build
a1 qs3 a3 cannoneer

2nd build
a1 qs3 a2 falcon1 cannoneer

what are your thoughts on going cannoneer rather than going musketeer?

a1 qs3 a3 cannoneer

It works, but it is rather painful from 180 to 225 and you might feel like you’re not contributing as much as you should in dungeons due to lack of AoE and being locked into a lv 40 crossbow (you don’t keep the damage bonus if you cast swap, so Grand Cross still does more running shot damage than other crossbows besides Didel Grand Cross).

Kneeling Shot animation cancel doesn’t appear to work properly (?) in iToS so don’t expect your AA to get that much faster with A3. You’ll also probably need AoE ratio gear for multi-shot and cannon skills. On the bright side, your multi-shot will be very strong and the attribute is cheaper than most. It will also be easier to keep SS up, and extra speed/range on kneeling are handy.

2nd build
a1 qs3 a2 falcon1 cannoneer

You miss out on stronger multi-shot and range/speed on kneeling will be a bit lower. Falcon takes a lot of getting used to (kinda clunky), you will have a lot more hotkeys to keep track of and the CD is pretty long. However, your Lv 10 multi-shot will become a very strong small range AoE and you will provide a lot more DPS to several party compositions. Your cannoner skills can blow up the entire screen if aimed properly under circling, and you won’t feel the need to make as many investments into AoE ratio gear.

I went for falcon, personally think it’s a lot more balanced even if it’s not as simple to play. You do lose some single-target DPS for greater aoe/party utility and you have to keep track of more skills. The falcon is free, but it does use up a character slot.

Small warning, but if you haven’t relogged in a while or there are many things on screen… auto-swap can freeze your screen for seconds when using it to load musket/cannon skills and it can often get you killed. You either find ways to deal with it, or swap manually (it lags a little less) when you want to use the skills. WTB>Better game optimization.

2 Likes

Guyz is it worth to put some points to con, since im started to getting one shotted quite often with my 4300 hp on lvl 131?

I honestly want to go Falconeer, but I might just bite the bullet and go A3 for the shake of science.

So, I’ve just tested critical attacks with running shot.

While it definitely crits, it also definitely doesn’t apply full crit damage.

From the numbers I see on my lvl 90 QS3, it seems that running shot crits consider critical attack stat, but doesn’t apply 50% crit attack increase as normal shots. My stats are pretty tights right now, so it is hard to tell sure what is counted and what is not. Would be nice if someone test it too.

Point is - it is not full crit damage. On normal shots I get 280% numbers, but on crits it varies from 130% to 180% of base attack. Not even close to 280%.

UPD: Hmmmmm, maybe I was wrong. I thought that I get two numbers - one for normal attack and one for running shot. But now it seems that it is messed up because normal attack becomes to show significantly higher values when Running Shot is active, like part of its damage is added to normal attack. So I should probably calc their sum only, not just two raw values :-\

who told you the damage after swap dont maintain?
is that real?
im using grand cross and then swap for Grajus after cast running shot.

upgraded grand cross is much better

Should be easy to get a base line really. Just go to the level 1 map vehind Orsha, turn on recording, take off all additional hits, and get a base line for normal damage, normal crit, Running damage, and Running crit.

For science!

That’s what I’m leaning towards as well.

I also don’t want to pay the 33 TP for another character slot.

1 Like

i have a +8 grand gross and a +2 Grajus…
when use running shot and then switch to grajus i have a 200/300 more damage.

Well theoretically Running Shot is a buff and once it is casted it shouldn’t be affected by weapon. However this game is not so obvious in such things :slight_smile:

That depends on updates. The game updates on weapon swap to the new values of the different weapon.

I’ve not tested damage swap on Running myself, but I mainly do it for the extra 4 seconds.

I tested between Grand Cross (193 max) and Kracked Shooter (330 max) + no offhand on small enemies so there would be no penalty of medium/large enemy complicating the results due to the discrepancy in anvil upgrades.

Cast with grand cross -> switch to Kracked didn’t give Kracked any bonus damage, only longer duration.

Cast with Kracked -> switch to grand cross didn’t make grand cross deal any less damage, but duration was shorter.

From that, you can gather that only duration transfers if you cast swap.

It’s worth noting that I have relatively high base damage (high str low dex, lv 240), a character with low base damage like a dex build or lower level might get enough raw damage from a better xbow to overtake the % bonus from grand cross.

In all tests, Grand Cross always dealt more damage while under running shot and less damage without it compared to Kracked. More tests are always welcome, since I could have overlooked something stupid and be wrong completely.

I also did some unrelated tests on the missile penalty on large/medium enemies. You pretty much always want a crossbow that is at least +5 in order to mitigate the damage reduction on them. This also matters for cannon sub, you will always want to pair it with any +5 or higher crossbow (even a super cheap 1000 gold one works, since xbow damage won’t affect cannon anyway although special attributes might) in order to minimize the penalty.