Tree of Savior Forum

Any news about DPK?

Personal DPK would mean almost no chance of random drops in the field, it would also mean decreased overall rates, and a lack of variety when it comes to dropping since it would essentially be at intervals. Every Monster Gem you’d want to farm would take thousands of kills, every single random mat you’re missing, every collection you want, personal DPK does not work on its own.

2 Likes

It’s better than farming 2k 3k 4k of the same mob and getting nothing, if he gets the mats at 300, he would be happier than now.

2 Likes

When considering Orange mats or similar then yes, but when half of the other drop in the game becomes worse it’s not quite as good as you make it out to be. There are better proposals out there, don’t support a deeply flawed one.

Support pure RNG, or RNG+DPK, or @Nekorin’s ideas

Compared to DPK RNGesus is flawless. I do believe they can do something better like mixing RNG with DPK like you can get by luck and dpk (Seems to nice). People like to be lucky and to be compensated for hard work.

2 Likes

That’s the line of thinking. Another problem with TOS at the moment is the lack of mid-tier drops. For the most part it’s either the item, or nothing. If there was a variety of general loot, think something like the equivalent of a Gold Bar dropping, even an unsuccessful grind could turn out to be at least partially worthwhile. Gems are really the closest to what I’m referring to, and they have limited use, are only dropped in certain areas, and lack variety. Golden Anvils, Vouchers, and Hethran Badges are close too, but they have very low drop rates and too much value to what I’m suggesting.

[Top-down] Personal DPK can work if they implement it in the following way:

• Make the item require less DPK than global DPK (so for example, 4000-5000 kills instead of 20000 kills for purple box items… or basically 1/4th or 1/5th the kills for current global items)
  • Make the item that drops personally a binding item (meaning it can only be traded through Team Storage but not with other players)
  • Keep global DPK for non-binding versions of the same items

This solves a couple of problems. It makes it so that if players get a lucky global DPK item, they can sell it on the market and make money from it. However, players will more oftenly get the binding DPK items, but it’s fine because they can use those items to upgrade one of their character alts. If they don’t need it, they can just vendor it.

A lot of the complaints about DPK are tied with trying to find upgrades for their characters, but if items are too common then they lose their market value. I believe that having both personal and global DPK systems implemented in the ways I’m suggesting will make the gameplay experience more enjoyable for people.

1 Like

I personally don’t like binding item nor shared DPK (there are so many problems here, imagine a better geared up guy he can smash all the mobs quickly, he is more likely to get the boxes than the other guy who actually needs the gear for himself). Isn’t the point and spirit of mmorpg’s getting better gear by sharing and market? I think there are better ways than DPK because on the overall RNGesus will be more fair for our effort.

To be honest, I don’t even really like DPK. I just gave out an idea that will allow people to get DPK items to gear up and DPK items to sell.

Binding items encourages people to do the content in order to obtain upgrades. Right now, 270-320 HG parties are rare because people would rather just afk farm on their necromancers (or run Saalus and 140/170 dungeons daily) until the right items they need hit the market then they buy them.

If there is a faster and cheaper alternative to getting upgrades, people will consider doing it… but if DPK stays the way it is now, players would rather spend more time farming the silver needed to buy DPK items than farming DPK items since there’s no guarantee that they will see the drop if other people are out there.

Binding, personal system encourages parties. The current system doesn’t really encourage partying and just makes people angry to see others on the same map or in other channels.

4 Likes

I don’t like personal dpk because it means that if each person gets a kill count for each mob the party killed the competition aspect of mat farming would then require making a party to farm mats. it means more multiboxers will have multiple accounts to get more loot. it means some people will bot their char with their friends. necromancers would have a full party of their own accounts to get 5X the loot.

if the kill count is shared in a party to give one to player A then the next kill to player B it could mean it is not a good idea to form parties.

as I see it, the current system is already both rng and dpk but they might need to tweek the drop rates.

I like the binding item idea, it would help to open the door to doing more things in game for character progression.

Well, as far as I know people dont join a party for competition, they join to help and receive help… Competition is no good in cooperation scenarios.
About the Necros, AFK farmers shouldnt exist. I’m still confused on why IMC is going to buff them, they should be revamped or IMC could add some tools against afk farming to the game before buffing them.

but people compete with each other which means they would be forced to join a party to be competitive. I did not mean that they would fight against the people that they would be near forced to cooperate with.

they already put an anti afk farming feature for sorcerer summon but did not apply it to necromancer summons. ~sigh~

There is no competitive scenario on ToS right now - You can’t compete on PvE, since this means players helping each other to achieve mutual goals. Also I don’t think PvP is competitive since they didn’t make any effort to make a fair fight, a good suggestion is separate the gear PvE from PvP by creating a PvP gear with tiers, It’d be nice, competitive and rewarding. In this way i think they can manage to balance the classes and make the players absorb all the fun out it.

1 Like

Once the World Boss update lands on steam competitive PvE will be back and we can start screaming how the game is p2w.

And that’s why so many games have dificulty modes for instanced dungeons, so people can brag about how fast they can clear stuff soloing.

I would love to see actual challenging dungeons because RN its all about trasncendance, attributes and weapon refine, such player skill level involved lol.

Personal DPK is an improvement for many players actually.
lets say were farming an item with 100 DPK.
if its personal that means everyone needs 100 kills to get it.

lets say its channel shared, and theres 5 people on that map.
if player A. is a diev>oracle with little dps, he kills around 8 monsters a minute
if player B is a Swartzer rieter with high dps, he kills around 18 per minute.
along with the other 3 players thats like 40-50 monsters a minute.
so in 2 minutes one person will get the drop.
the oracle who kills like 8 monsters a minute has super low chances of being the one to get the drop because while shes carving away at a monster for 25 seconds the swartzer rieter is aoeing down in entire room in half the time.

and because most faming goes down in HG where monsters have insane HP and DPK of 1000+, the dievoracle will be killing even less a minute, an due to high density the AOE DPS players will have way more of an advantage than the full support players.

In 280 HG my main kills around 5 monsters a minute. with the 200 DPK for the blue cube. then it should take me 40 minutes for a cube. i was in a group with a PD and was amazed on how she destroyed rooms, i was in a group with a warlock and same thing. they killed about 15 a minute. so they would take 13 minutes. do the math and it goes to 280 minutes average for me to get a cube if they never leave. o 4 hours, for a blue cube, and the cube has a 1/12 chance of giving u the item you came for vs an item you cant even equip.

so 40 minutes vs 4 hours? anyway DPK is a bad system anyway because even if it is personal, you still have to kill the exact number to get it to drop. a 0 - 100% drop chance would be better

Most people seem to ignore the “DPK+ rng” drop system, it should be the same for HG boxes but it isnt(its pure DPK), dunno about other items but if the system was 100% DPK+RNG no exceptions i would be very happy.

So players with good gears and builds made specifically for farming (Sr) being rewarded is bad. Who the ■■■■ would think of using an oracle diev to farm orange mats? Seriously.

I don’t like chs-shared DPK either, even though I’ve been lucky with it (3 drops within 30 mins, really 6 cause thauma), but personal DPK is also a really bad system.

1 Like

depends.

When they made the DPK they raised the number of monster to get an item by 100/1000 times.
If they want, and they usually want, to ruin the game furter they will surely raise personal dpk to 100.000 per one single item. :smiley: and they will surely do it in a ninja patch as they always do

No you are wrong.
The “top down” and scaling dpk never work propelly with high numbers. They simply didnt noticed that yet

Now i’ll explain you why it doesnt work with numbers and examples…

if you have a 1/20000 dpk item you have a 0,00005% of getting an item every kill.

Now assuming if you kill 20 monsters per minute in hunting ground 320 you’ll get 7200 monsters kill in 6 hours countinious farming

It may seems a big number indeed. Now the top down dpk decrease to 1/12800, so it’s 0,00007%

So after 6 hours farming you got the drop % from 0,00005 to 0,00007.
No matter how many of them you kill the % will never get bigger until you get 19500 monster and you can’t get in in 16 hour of continus farming. But remember you can even play for 500 hours no stop: most of times someone else steal your effort cause of the dpk shared in channel

Assuming we are in the 2017 and the devs are not so stupid, a drop should’nt never be dropped less than 0,01%. Never.

1 Like

Guys, to this day you do not know that dpk is shared by the map and not by chanel anymore?

1 Like