Tree of Savior Forum

Announcement on the DLC & TP Products and F2P Transition

Literally. This is disastrous. very bad. Simply horrendous. Well. This is all part of their plan. Forcing you to spend more money on this game. If I know this will happen, I won’t even waste hundred bucks on the DLC. In the end, I have to start again in order to play with my friends. #GGWP

Now, I have to start all over again if I want to play with friends that wait for F2P? This is the most BS update of all time.

1 Like

I wonder why can’t you guys read the “temporarily” part.
The purpose of this is for them to test what the estimated capacity is with the f2p players alone hence the server for them. With the data gathered from that they will be able to see how much they need to improve on Telisiai before MERGING the two servers.

Who ever talked anything about merging? They didn’t announce any plans to merge whatever the fck you think they will merge!

You won’t be able to not play with your friends forever. If you really want to play with them then join them on the new server. If you value your gears more then just continue playing on Telsiai. You can’t have both with how the server is at the moment. IMC is trying their best and this is the best option they have at the moment. Unless you guys want them to push F2P players on the current Telsiai and players will suffer more.

Best option? Are you fcking me? Why can’t they just offer server transfer to new SEA server to current found players, who wish to transfer to be able to play with F2P friends? That way they can start playing with friends at level 1 (new characters). Or open new server now, offer server transfer for current SEA players, that way the load on Telsaia will lessen, then make either or both servers accessible to all or go with their make Telsaia exclusive.
Suffer what? We can’t trade silver, if we trade items to non-token players the item becomes untradable, you can’t boost//power level your friends due to exp penalties.

2 Likes

Yeah, in their steam news and announcement before, founders get 1 time server transfer 3 WEEKS AFTER F2P LAUNCH!

Well that’s a bit extreme. I rather see this game get better, so just a constructive criticism would do. If players are not supporting the game it will be pointless for IMC to keep working on it, hiring more staff to deal with bots, etc.

8 Likes

I’m Hothead Gamer Warrior Keyboard. I don’t need reason I need result.

1 Like

really disappointed with this decision coming from IMC now i can’t play with my friends who are waiting for f2p. i don’t want to just hop on to another server and do a fresh start, i don’t want to waste those almost 300 hours of playing time just for this.

3 weeks? Darnit -_-

#20Chars

I don’t understand why people are getting angry over this. I understand that you won’t be able to play with your friends, it’s sad - I know but, would you rather the server crash and the game be unplayable and more people would rage about it?

It’s not the end of the world, you can always create new team in the other server. But but I’ve already worked hard with my character. I have farmed this x and y items and my level is x - I don’t want to start all over again. If you’re one of those people who will use this excuse then maybe you shouldn’t have bought an early access and should have waited for your friends to play with you or you could’ve have just bought them the DLC (if you’re that adamant to play with them). Or IF you are the friend who’s waiting for F2P and found out about this, maybe you should have saved up some money so that you can play with your friend. If you can’t tackle this kind of changes and sudden announcement which is inevitable then makes me wonder how you’ll be able to come up when reality hits e.g. you find yourself being redundant, etc. If I was in your feet - I would just get over it and continue with life. Deal with it! Although, I would also be mad If I have found I wouldn’t be able to play with my friend/s however, IF you think about it why would they even create a new server if the other server is overloaded - a lot of people are complaining on how it’s currently unplayable, laggy, etc. Imagine on F2P, I can’t imagine the madness that will happeb that day - if it’s unplayable right now then even more so on 10th May.

16 Likes

LASTLY WTF IS THIS DECISION, MAKE TELSIA FOUNDER-EXCLUSIVE WHILE THE REST OF THE FOUNDER SERVERS AREN’T? JUST BECAUSE IT IS CURRENTLY HEAVILY LOADED? WTFFFFF

Well. Apparently you are not the one who is suffering from it. No one likes their time to be wasted. Especially you paid for it.

1 Like

I’m on the 54th comment, and all I want to say is…

All the other 53 users that commented on this thread, screw you guys. You can transfer to the new server all you want, I don’t give a damn. The population will not drop because few of you whine your f2p plebs can’t join the server, all I know is… [quote=“STAFF_John, post:1, topic:243043”]
Access to Telsiai will temporarily become exclusive to players who have started playing on it before the game’s F2P release[/quote]

THERE WON’T BE ANY NEW BOTS ON TELSIAL SERVER WHEN F2P LAUNCHES FOR A FEW MONTHS.

4 Likes

Why can’t they just open new server prior to f2p release then offer server transfers to current players that way the load on Telsiai is divided with the new server?

Its not that we already have high level characters with sht ton items, can my friends join me in high level party grinds at f2p release? NO, its the fact that once f2p release we start with level 1 characters with them, have fun, enjoy dungeons with them, and when we’re all high levels I can choose either the existing character I had or the new one which will be roughly the same level and enjoy party grinds at high level dungeons!

#TREEOFSOLO/TREEOFSINGLEPLAYER

they said they will offer free transfers when new servers are created so most likely you can join the new server with your friends.
but, if everyone moves to the new server it will make the second server become over-populated so it won’t solve the issue either

@STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie @STAFF_J

Dear IMC Team, this is honestly a failed planning. Put yourselves in our shoes, i think F2P players may be eagerly be waiting to join their before F2P friends. With this restriction you are forcing people to join a new server which is not right.

I do not understand the technicality behind the codings but many of your maps do not really have many channels. Perhaps you can simply increase more channels and also increase the load available to this server and not simply create a new server?

4 Likes

For how long? Exclusivity is only temporary, also if its exclusive forever. Have fun playing TREE OF SOLO. Only a matter of time before that exclusive server gets dumped, because no new influx of players joining the server since the founder pack DLCS will be removed from Steam.

1 Like

Yay No more free acount bot in telsial server
just need the IMC to clear the last remaining bot in the telsial server
I realy like the idea of the exclusive

if u guys want to play with friend then start over in new server ur friend would welcome u to party just from the same time not u re had to much lvl for them to chase

1 Like

It’s just a mere speculation but I do have this notion in which restricting f2p players temporarily will deliver a huge waste of time within individuals. The IMC staff was clever enough to temporarily render Telslai as exclusive however this would bring a lot of frustration towards the player database, I do have several reasons.

1. Pushing back the f2p date made the players anticipate in playing; now if this anticipation towards the release date was executed more than likely they would play on Varena server and disregard Telslai completely. They won’t wait for the exclusiveness of Telslai to lift off.

2. This will characterize for a certain period a hierarchical class inducing discrimination between the two servers, instead of a fun and loving environment, certain fags or mentally ill people would discriminate free to play players (especially if they’re holed in one whole heap of server) And it is not healthy for a mmorpg.

3. Players who has friends who are f2p players are bounded to this exclusiveness “single player mode” well, not really single player since you can meet nice people in telslai however there’s a difference in guilds, dungeons, grinds and even normal interactions with friends rather than total strangers. For the f2p friends they would either have a choice to wait or play on the new server disregarding their friend. (sad, kappa)

4. Waiting for telslai’s exclusiveness lift off would be a waste of time, honestly we all have our own life, I myself is included. Certain ages might have a different approach towards this, however it is true that we simply cannot wait. (unless you’re free every time)

5. Having two different servers, (assuming IMC would later on announce a possible server transfer /in which I highly doubt/ would cause a harsh decision making on the part of people, and mind you these two different servers would probably have a different free market since Telslai was the first one to flourish more people would tend to shift in Telslai while Telslai peeps might not be so inclined in shifting to Varena (Especially for the people who have met and somehow became intimate with telslai peeps)

6. Guilds could be a hindrance in server shifting (again if IMC would announce a server transfer) Yes, there are several guilds now. It might cause desertion or the loss of core members. I myself would like to dedicate myself towards a certain guild however this two server paradigm might kill that idea.

7. Just having two server sucks (Personal plead don’t read if not interested) imagine the boatload of opportunity cost if one enters another server. It isn’t worth it, I would like to enjoy the game with different people and live a happy mmorpg life.

I do know concentrating players on a single server would be too chaotic (rip gold sellers) however I think that’s the essence of Mmorpg, it isn’t called massive multiplayer online role playing game if you can’t experience that certain touch and certain allure. My suggestion would be increase again the number of channels per server.

It’s merely hypothetical but that’s a observation I made using a sociological perspective, I do hope it can enlighten some people.

5 Likes

Are you stupid? It is stated temporary, and temporary is good. I still want influx of new players, but not after I enjoy the game for a few months without bots. LOL

3 Likes

Slight disappointment for this decision but well its not like it’s gonna be forever they did say that is temporarily and if you really want to play with your friends you could always join them on the leveling and grinding or you can either wait for a transfer char if there is gonna be one. hahaha

1 Like