Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Storm Calling’s attribute that gives 50% melee damage under it works on zombie damage too. So an alternative r7-9 could be PD1-Taoist2 or PD1-Taoist1-Zealot1.

I kinda wonder about Zealot in a summoner build, because zombies snapshot your stats iirc…
I’m not sure if they can snapshot your damage under Fanaticism (if it works like trans, and not like a formula damage modifier…).

I saw those videos already, the spr damballa+chap variation works surprisingly well even.

Anyway, for me to figure out those ideal minion builds I’d want to test this list just to be sure:

• Pala3’s Sanctuary could add a good chunk of dmg and def with a 1/3th uptime.
  • Whether or not carve owl scales with spr as some in the ktos forums were saying, though I’m relying mostly on my experience with translation apps so it’s a bit shaky.
  • Whether converted mobs from turn undead now scale with spr, or still ignore it.
  • The exact scaling on zombify skill level, just to be sure.
  • To compare a bokor spr vs int, because int should do half the dmg and 4-5k hits sounds quite respectable tbh.
  • Retest blessing just in case, because that’s the ideal combo if IMC stealth patched that. (unlikely ofc…)
  • Test Kagura dance as well just in case. (old bokor thread states it doesn’t work either…)

I’m outright assuming the debuffs work, though most aren’t ideal duration/cd wise… Only taoist’s Storm Calling I’d see as a decent option.

Sadly @greyhiem already confirmed that fanaticism, immolation and blind faith ignore zombies entirely. So zealot hasn’t exactly got the synergy I was hoping for.

Then simply compare such an ideal zombie build with a bokor3/chap or bokor3/zealot2 build and see if it works well enough comparatively. And try to see if there’s room for hybrid spr builds.

I’d say that the only real issue of no spr zombies is their hp… they die alot quicker without the hp that spr gives them.

It doesn’t feel like they get alot of actual defense from spr though, it’s mostly the ludicrous amount of hp they get that turns them into sponges. (for example: my capsule zombies heal about 11k per heal tile, and that’s just with 120 spr…)

1 Like

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#411444bbbh.1a2a355461.1e2e445161718595.112c3e4265718a.1155617385 or pala2 Ora could be a good pet SPR cleric build.

Nice boost from stormcall, sanctuary and barrier, nice pala pets (even if they suck dunno yet) …bokor hex for zombies dmg…

Sadly Sanctuary doesn’t affect minions, so that combo isn’t that good imo.

I still don’t know if converted mobs scale with spr, but the highest we’ve seen them at is roughly 2k a hit with crap gear so don’t have high hopes for any zoo build atm.

And a heads up in general, a new patch changed cleric builds for ktest: https://pastebin.com/1usgd5eM

Most important ones:

• Blind Faith is now a 40 hits max, 40s duration, 40s cd skill. Still good for any spr build, but lost its melstis synergy entirely.
  • Immolation turned into a 5s duration, overheat2, fire dot aura with a 40s cd. I’d go as far as say that zealot1 isn’t an option for dmg anymore.
  • Fanaticism lost its health scaling on the dmg buff, it’s now always that value.
  • Daino is now really nice for chaplains due to its second hit and +100 atk speed, needs kriv3 though and I don’t know the ideal stats now.

So kriv/zealot2 builds are dead, zealot1 as dmg filler is dead, zealot2 is mostly fine though. Chap/kriv3 builds to be expected.

I’m gonna wait a bit with updating the op, as I need more info and expect a few more tweaks still.
Zealot1 is in a really bad spot atm.

Inmolation required a nerf, but what definetly needs a rework is the whole Zealot1 circle.

• Pain Barrier-like skill
  • Inmolation (whatever it may do)
  • A blink close gap skill
  • A passive damage boost that deprives you from receive HP healing.

The Pain barrier and Blink skills kind of points Zealot1 as a follow up around a melee/close range build. The damage boost is “good” even at lvl 5 considering many clerics can take several types of damage invulnerability to cover for the inability to heal.

Yet, it lacks damage. Which is what Inmolation is supposed to do. Otherwise Zealot1 would be pretty much just an utility single circle which seems really questionable to have as a Circle8 or Circle9 filler on builds.

Zealot2 is fine tho.

Yep yep.

And I dislike how that pain barrier is called invulnerability, that’s going to confuse quite a few people.

The teleport is kind of nice with its +200 crit rate for 5s, but it’s still just a utility skill.

Fanaticism only starts to shine at rank2-3 Imo, +30% dmg for no healing is crappy. But +55 or +80% are quite nice.

Immolations +1k fire property atk and +1500 fire res attributes are also rather crappy due to the duration decrease to boot.
Was kind of expecting those to avoid a nerf, but even they fell prey to it.

People on Ktest discord pointed out that the attribute boost (1k fire property damage and i guess the resistance aswell) are still applied on the old 20s duration as a 2nd buff obtained when casting the skill.

Which remind me, they also wondered why you havent joined that discord :thinking:

Gimme a link to the discord then, I saw one a while ago but it seemed rather inactive…
And don’t you mean the old 40s duration?

Oh yeah it was 40s.

And yeah, it was inactive when there was no Ktest patches for a good while but it gets active when big content arrives. Here~ https://discord.gg/J3nxpGN

I must be slow or something but I still don’t fully understand how Transmit Prana works.
I know that for others, it transmits a % of my stats to them.
But what does it do for me? And how do I get the most out of it?

https://tos.neet.tv/skills/40506

Basically, it adds soul property each matk based hit equal to minmatk × (0.5 + ([Skill Level] × 0.03))
So at level 5 it adds 65% of your min magic attack to your spells, at lvl 6 with DM it’s 68%.

It multiplies said amount by 1.5 if it’s a soul property skill, aka only for Possession, Out of Body and Astral Body explosion.
OoB now does quite decent dmg, but the 0 def drawback still makes it really annoying. (healing factor & methadone work wonders though.)

In terms of gameplay, just buff up prior to your BDS>Incin whenever possible as the sheer amount of hits makes it preferable over Sadhu’s own skills.
Laima or melstis help keep it up much better, but that’s up to you if you want it.

Not sure if there are even Transmit Prana gems atm…

Yeah I am considering a Krivis3 Sadhu3 Tao2 build for DPS/Utility, obvious drawbacks in healing capability since no priest2+ and no cleric2 so it would need another cleric to function properly in a group but the damage and support skills would be high.

Hi, I’m considering a Cleric C2/ Diev C1/ Sadhu C3/ Druid C3, and I wanted to know what would be the recommended stats for this build, is full INT good enough or should I pick some SPR/CON?

Probably don’t need con, hengestone is overkill for most of pve atm.

You do want spr, likely 100-200 range. But we will be able to get more spr from gear with r9 so I"m not sure what the ideal invested amount is yet.

Anything you can spare you put in int ofc.

2 Likes

Updated the build list for the upcoming r9 update, removed some of the weaker builds (Old Spr Zealot and Zealot1/Inquis1 builds) and added Nekorin’s Auto attack Krivis/Kabba/Inquis builds as well.

Anyway, I wanted to post a few warning just in case:

• Inquisitor2’s Judgement was rumored to be bugged and not changing enemies into demons. I don’t know if this is still the case but be wary when trying to aim for Inquisitor2.

• According to IMC Blessing was hitting too often with Daino, but I have no idea if IMC tried to fix it yet.

• Similarly, Druid3’s Lycanthropy removes Chaplain buffs according to IMC, but I can’t verify that yet either.

I do Plan to test them out asap when r9 hits, and the last two should be easy to verify. But Krivis is nigh impossible to verify as I don’t know how many hits are actually intended.

Good luck on the rank reset everyone.

And my thoughts on the new cards ofc:

Blue cards:

• Wood Spirit Card: Heals * x 70 health per proc.
    But also quickly got nerfed it with a cd. Forgot the exact amount, likely junk now but could do with a few tests to see if the cd counts once per card or for all at once.
  • Armaos Card: Grants a * x 100 worth of shield for 10s, blocks dmg but not conditions/cc.
    Has good potential on paladins using barrier: devotion tbh. +3k hp shield that can reproc quite often. (can’t proc while active, but ends when it blocks its total value) Best with high defenses ofc.

Purple cards:

• Succubus Card: Agro from attacking -*%.
    Don’t see much use in it for us tbh.

Red cards:

• Froster Lord Card: */2% to inflict a 4s freeze upon hitting an enemy.
    Very good cc, but since it’s red it tends to come at a cost of dmg. of not using other red cards.
    Interesting choice for auto attackers and high hit casters like PD. Need some testing to see if it works with minions or if it gives a stat/element dmg buff though.

Green cards:

• Stone Froster Card: +45 str after hp potions for 10s at max x3. Nuhuh.

• Lavenzard Card: +45 spr after sp potion for 10s at max x3. Nope.

• Rafene Card: + */3 Str, Con, Int, Spr and Dex.
    Has potential for several cleric builds (Hybrid/Druid/Auto attack) tbh, but it’s just a mere stat card for a far to low amount.

• Gorkas Card: Loot chance + * x 5.
    Needs to be tested, It’s either best in slot for all builds or not even noticeable at all.

So IMC has stated that daino on r9 is bugged? does that mean krivis3-chap-inqui will get “fixed”?

Hmm, there’s 2 Daino bugs listed now? Didn’t notice that before.
Look up #92, #90 and #83 for daino+bless, Daino+wheel and Lycan+chap bugs mentioned.

My Korean is “just use google translate and try to match words with ktest/itos neet stats I know” So it’s not that accurate. Might want to ask grey or gwenyth for a proper translation.

And IMC is trying to fix the bugs on this list, so it most likely will get “fixed”. I just have no idea how many hits are intended.

1 Like

great info. thank god found this before rank reset :joy:

I just hope they fix it soon as possible before the end of Rank Reset event + R9 (which start next week). Or don’t do anything with it. \o/ yay!

1 Like