Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Yeah, the Daino problem is what is stopping me from pushing the kabba2 inq1 build as an AA build. Hopefully it is just the durability problem and not the “extra additional hit property problem” = =+

#92 is saying that durability doesn’t drop as intended for daino hmm (meaning will incur 1 extra hit?)

1 Like

92: when daino is used together with blessing, blessing is shown twice.
90: when daino is activated, attacking the breaking wheel does not consume wheel durability properly.
83: Last rites & Aspergillum do not apply properly after the Lycan transformation (ends).

4 Likes

Why you guys didn’t recommend the demolition?:tired_face:
I will give it a point for better skill rotation.
My thought about paladin+inquistor:
paladin+inquistor planner

Demolition requires a 2 handed hammer, Sanctuary requires a 1h hammer or 1h sword + shield.
If you want to use both you’ll need to weapon switch quite often, and if you deal dmg over time then you will lose dmg if one of your weapon sets isn’t fully enchanced/trans’d like the other.

The 350 1h hammer also has a ton of lightning property dmg on it, which the two-handed hammer lacks. 2 Handed can win out with a nice rng 250 HG hammer but has a harder time competing.

It’s also a bit expensive point wise seeing as how both are best when maxed.

• Sanctuary adds +10% def and additional dmg per skill level so max it asap if you want to use it.
  • Demolition is a true 3 hit with 4 fake hits, but it deals plenty of dmg and should be maxed if you go 2handed as well.

And max barrier, it gives +10% mdef per skill level which makes it better then Resist Elements from the get-go.
You’ll probably end up with a spread like mine after that tbh.

1 Like

wich do you guys think is the best krivis pve build? i was thinking in the the one with the cl-2 kriv-3-druid2-tao2? or its better the one with sadhu 3 instead of druid?

This is a really well put together guide, thanks!

Small correction under the Oracle section, leveling Counter Spell reduces the skill’s cooldown (1 second per level), and Prophecy no longer scales duration with skill level as of the R9 patch (just number of status effects blocked?).

You could also mention the synergy between Clarivoyance+Resetting and Swell Body or Double Pay Earn. Not sure Doppels ever get that skill anymore, and Thaumas using swell probably just swell everything they come across, but it’s not nothing I guess lol.

And lastly the Paladin section recommends you invest a minimum of…54 skill points. Which I would love to do, but alas. I presume the overflowing points are going to come out of Resist Elements, which is a shame because I really like that skill. Is there any viable option to get it maxed? I feel like its basically a choice between that and Sanctuary, but if Sanctuary works the way it looks like it works (50 second channel, effect lasts 10 seconds after the channel ends?) then I feel like that would be a much stronger option.

Krivis3/pd3.

Krivis by itself just isn’t that strong, not even with Taoist. So there isn’t much competition tbh.

@TwilightsCall:

Thanks, I didn’t spot those oracle changes.
Prophecy still has 1 debuff prevention per skill level at least, it’s kind of low tbh.

As for paladin:
I usually leech points from Resist Elements or Smite, even though both are quite good. The others are just better tbh.

You can try skipping smite mostly, like:
5 Barrier, 5 conviction, 10 Sanctuary or Demolition, 3-4 Turn Undead and 1 Restoration. Leaves you with 21-20 points left.
Then just max RE and put rest into smite.

As for sanctuary, you can see it in action here:

(Stolen from grey’s ktest thread :D)

Essentially it’s a 10s channel with a 30s cd that adds +100% mdef and pdef to allies based on your defenses. And then another +100% of your base mdef is added as Additional damage to all hits allies deal. (at skill lvl 10 anyway)

But Sanctuary does require sword + shield or hammer + shield to work. Which is kind of annoying.

1 Like

Heal lvl 16 with blessing and aiming and lvl 100 enhance atribute deals 28272% every 22sec (12333 attribute point spent)

1 Like

Is Awoo dead? Will there be no good awoo build?

Nope.

It’s strong on paper, but not in practice.
Mind you I haven’t tested the krivtao at r9, but I have on standing by waiting for the changes. So I’ll be able to give videos in a few days for comparisons if you so want to.

And I’m just not impressed with the current Kriv/Tao combo tbh, it’s a bit disappointing when my carni10 comes really close to dealing the same dmg.

And I will just outright ignore the enhance bits.
There is a valid argument in that it gets stronger earlier, but that’s only a temporary advantage. And its dmg isn’t the point.
(you can also grind attribute vouchers from daily tbl btw. )

I’ll try and explain why it performs worse than expected so far:

1. Zaibas’s own 20s cd is kind of irrelevant atm.
    Stormcalling’s x2 dmg is too good to miss, so you wait for its 24s cd already.
    I don’t think you want to wait every time for Divine Stigma since it has a 30s cd, which delays it even further.

2. Stormcalling runs counter to the overheat2 nature of Zaibas.
    Since It has a short duration and range you’ll want to place both Zaibas’s at once to get the most out of it, but that means you tend to place it asap in the same place like any other 1cast AoE spell…

3. Its main draw is a once per 24s AoE combo for a total of 4 ranks invested, which just isn’t enough by r8 standards, let alone r9.
    Other similar builds have far better cd’s and or cast options to take on more mobs, like bokor’s 10s cd Damballa, Sadhu3’s 20s Possession, Miko’s 35s Hamaya, Druid1-3’s Carnivory with a 25s cd.
    Not to mention that r9 enables a few almost no downtime dps builds, like spr bokor (and spr diev as long as he doesn’t move), the aa kriv cleric builds and to a lesser extent the zealot builds.

4. The buffs from r9 are nice, but not significant enough to make up for its lack of worthy dmg skills.
    At best DS kills 5 more mobs every 30s, and aukurass adds +1.5k ish dmg per hit.
    Daino might be the best bonus tbh, but even on my sadhu’s a 6k+ OoB is kind of lacking purpose.

tl/dr:
Damage isn’t the issue, it’s that its almost solely tied to a single combo with a small AoE and a 24s cd combo. Other builds have at least several dmg rotations like Possesion> ABE + TP>BDS>Incin>pandemic.

And in terms of support:
Look up how many builds have a res, a form of invuln, laima or other support. Kriv/tao is only unique in that it can pick tao1 without losing to much dmg and thus has dark sight.

@LemonKeyFace:

If you mean druid3, that’s not in a great spot either.

Sadhu3/Druid3 and Bokor3/Druid3 can work to an extent, but I wouldn’t really expect much out of them either.
Diev3/Miko/Druid3 as a spr build may work, but I don’t think druid adds a lot to such a build.

And I plan to test the Chaplain/Druid3/Inquis build, that might have a bit of a niche with wheel/MM/Inquis flames alongside lycan dmg on skills.
Assuming it doesn’t have that bug IMC listed…

1 Like

I’ve tried KrivisTao2 for quite a fair bit in ktest, granted that it is only with low investment gear but it gives quite a good feel of how the class plays. Here are my thoughts on the combo.

1. With Zaibas’s low damage, it is almost always a must to use it together with Stormcalling. That said, it also means that its 2 overheats can’t be used separately, the skill have to be used within the stormcalling buff time to get the most out of it.

2. Taoist2 is bad. It is the class where, unlike Kabbalist C2, doesn’t really add that much to the circle unless the build runs Krivis (which grants an additional cast of Zaibas per stormcalling). Creeping death past lv 6 is bad, most taoists will just throw points into this as there aren’t any other skill to throw it to. The small hit area + the speed it is moving makes it really hard to use it efficiently to hit all 40hits with it.

3. Elevate magic tiles is really bad. Don’t understand IMC’s logic of granting it 3 overheats with 5 levels. Even as a party spell just 1 level is sufficient since we can cast 3 times.

4. Divine Punishment is only useful when a linker is around. Even when the taoist use Joint Penalty scrolls, JP+ Stormcalling alone will yield more damage than JP + Divine punishment. How I wish divine punishment is a charm that requires activation instead of a skill.

Playing as a krivis3 taoist requires good positioning too, as Zaibas’s aoe area isn’t that big. Monsters will often run out of it when they try to encircle the player. This kind of makes it really hard to hit a group of 7 monsters with the full 19 x 3 hits of zaibas during stormcalling without any way to herd the monsters together and keep them there. (R9 might change though with the introduction of Frosterlord cards)

@ReportofAusterity
When you are running Krivis c3 Taoist2 as a INT caster build, you wouldn’t have that many points to invest into a high level Daino if you are planning to take a high level Aukuras.

So far I still find C2 Krivis2 Sadhu3 Tao2 or C2 Krivis2 Sadhu3 Tao1 Diev1 the most balanced for a KrivisTao. Having Transmit Prana around really buffs up Zaibas quite a lot and there are 2 sets of spells for rotation. So is either Taoist2 and pray for the future Taoist3 upgrades or Diev1 for better monster control (as compared with Krivis3 Tao1 higher zaibas damage variants).

1 Like

I’m planning to make a full SPR, full Support, full Aspersion/Resist Magic Cleric2-Priest3-Chap-Pardoner3 brain dead Trump Wall build. Is this sane?

1 Like

Curious as to what skill allocation you have in mind here.:wink:

I’m gonna have to say no…

On a spell shop build you’ll want 15 aspersion, 15 blessing and 10 sacrament which doesn’t leaves enough points for res/revive/mass heal to be decent in regular roles.

And even if you cut out sacrament, those extra 10 points aren’t enough either.

I’d suggest a full spr build like this instead:

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222bbbg.152535.1f213f456396.213f4965758a.44617585

Priest3/Pala3 offers a better mix off dmg prevention and added dmg, and barrier:devotion even allows you to tank if you want.

r8-9 depend on what else you want. Tao1/Inquis1/Cleric2 or even PD1 all stand out there.

1 Like

Ah, I see. so the damage mitigation mostly comes from Barrier and Sanctuary yes? Well, it’ll do I guess but it’s not as braindead as I imagined Priest/Pardoner would be (two button afk). Why Inquisitor though? Do the skills run on SPR? I’ll probably add Cleric2 and/or Miko since when I go support, I go all the way (that and because PD laughs at the notion of support/DPS dichotomy which is disgusting).

Resist Elements, Barrier, Sanctuary and Aspersion will all reduce dmg for that build.

Inquisitor doesn’t scale off spr though.
Inquisitor’s Malleus Maleficarum adds bonus dmg to each debuff enemy based on their matk or mdef, it’s a rather decent dmg boost tbh.
And Breaking Wheel is quite nice for any melee allies to spread their hits.

And regarding Miko: Both Sanctuary and Kagura are channels so you have to be ok with standing still a lot. But kagura is also really nice.

PD1 is for healing factor, allows you to tank alongside Barrier: Devotion far easier for the entire party.

Maybe you could try bokor1 for zombies to boot, they do scale off spr. But they’re not very support oriented aside from the extra aggro and taking dmg for your team.
They ignore your buffs as well…

The nice thing about BW wheel though if you’re a SPR build is, it multiplies the hits from your SPR-augmented Blessing, Sacrament and Last Rites.

Is zealot dead after the nerf or is there still some good or at least viable build?

post #2 is up to date with the current ktos patch.

Zealot1 got nerfed pretty hard though, but it can find some use in a few builds.

• Its +1k fire dmg is decent on hit focus builds like PD or an inquisitor. But it isn’t an ideal choice atm since other ranks perform better for now.
  • Its AoE dmg is pretty good as well, so it fits in an AoE spam build rather well.
  • Its teleport + kd immunity and r3 dmg dealing debuff give it an edge in PvP as well. Could work as an alternative for inquisitor2. (esp if it is bugged atm.)

Zealot2 is still very strong though.
Fanatic Illusion kind of got buffed indirectly (fixed enhance attribute, now properly affected by dmg buffs iirc)
Blind Faith isn’t as OP as it used to be, which was far too good tbh, but it should be more than strong enough to warrant using it on an spr build.

Doing some testing atm, will add more this if I find something worth to scribble about.

Potentially important:

• See the post below, Foretell only invulns when you move and that’s intended apparently x…x
  • 1 Spr adds 0,3% dmg for dievdirby’s carve owl. No cap equal to level either.
  • I can’t find the chaplain x lycantrophy bug IMC listed…

Minor fluff:

• Chortasmata’s convert to plant part adds damage to patk hits at least, need to test if plants have a inherent -pdef feature.
  • Dievirby’s plant attribute does not work on Fanatic Illusion or Immolation, that’s just the def reduction of chorta at work.
  • Aukurass is matk only, but has some odd mechanics I need to study better. (daino’s 2nd hit does get the bonus, but sacrament does not? eh?)
  • the 2 dmg attributes for oracle buffs are still crap ofc.
  • Death Sentence is sheer suicide tbh, even when solo.
  • Twist of Fate does not benefit from Death Sentence’s dmg boost.
  • Methadone is 20% more dmg taken, not sure if that’s also party wide though.

Turn Undead section:

• Turn undead only works on normal enemies now, for both conversion and 1hitko effects.
  • Converted mobs do not give exp or items at all.
  • Turn Undead does seem to have a 1% chance to convert mobs per skill level, which is atrociously low.
  • Converted minions die after 10 minutes and it’s no longer a buff.
  • Converted mobs do not despawn whenever the original mob would.
  • Turn Undead’s str and 50% patk weapon scaling works for both matk and patk dealt by minions. And changes in real-time, aka no snapshot shenanigans.
  • Turn Undead’s conversion is handled prior to it dealing damage.
  • Turn Undead’s converted immobile mobs stay immobile and do not teleport after you like the other mobs do.