Tree of Savior Forum

For non healing classes: armaos vs wood spirit

If memory serves, wood spirit got hit with a 10sec cd. Armaos is different in that it has at most 10sec cd from its 10sec duration (can’t gain another shield if current shield is still active).

I can’t see when wood spirit will ever be better (unless the heal is affected by CON’s bonus healing).

Card Effects/Reuse/Waiting Time:
- Monster cards with a % chance of recovering HP/SP now have a cooldown timer for the effects abililty to proc again.
- A cooldown timer has been added to 6 Cards.
- Woodspirit Card (20 Seconds Cooldown)
- Mallet Wyvern Card (5 Seconds Cooldown)
- Cerberus Card (5 Seconds Cooldown)
- Velnewt Card (15 Seconds Cooldown)
- Canceril Card (15 Seconds Cooldown)
- Deathweaver Card (15 Seconds Cooldown)

Armaos card is currently not functioning as the description would say.
Test results:
1 card 10% chance of 1000 shield for 30s,
2 cards 10% chance of 2000 shield for 30s,
3 cards 10% chance of 3000 shield for 30s.

The % chance to get a shield does not stack.

That’s a bummer. So for non healing classes armaos is just strictly better (soft cd > hard cd). They can either pot or bonfire (poata or neop) for heals.

Mind if I do a little necroing on this thread a bit, since it’s related.

does it still work this way, right now?

Initially, I was expecting it to be 30% chance for 1000 shield, but reading this it’s actually the other way around, lol

Hmm, wouldn’t 1 Woodspirit + 2 Armaos be the best choice there?

Assuming armaos works the way @greyhiem describes (stacking shield health), 1 more armaos card gives 1k health (shield hp) while wood spirit gives 700 health (your hp). There’s a 300 health difference in favor of armaos.

There’s also the hard cd on wood spirit (20sec? or was it 25?) vs the soft cd on armaos (can’t proc while shield is up).

1 Like

Yup, I thought using both would be a better idea since Armaos has this soft CD. Is the recovery effect from Woodspirit a flat heal or is it affected by HP regen modifiers such as your HP regen, Ein Sof, Regeneration, etc.?

I’m still interested to see what exactly wood spirit does since its cd is way higher than the purple cards like canceril. I have to find 1 1st though.

Sadly the only class with a possibility of affecting the heals is cleric and they don’t even need it anyway.

Also interested in this. I have trash cards to use, but cannot decide what blue (and purple) cards to level-up. I’m a Cleric3-Chap-Zealot2 and currently have 3 Glass Moles, 3 Linkrollers, and 1 Gazing Golem. Currently, I’m only just looking at Gray Golem or Armaos (Zaura isn’t even among the options because of its price). OT: could you also help me what purples to equip? Should I keep stacking Gazing Golem? Or try out Stone Whale (https://tos.neet.tv/items/644047) or go for Yeti for HP, Specter of Deceit for SP, or Nepenthes for HP/SP?

Can anyone give advice? Thank you!

I bought 1 wood spirit card and it doesn’t seem to work. Armaos works find but wood spirit just wont trigger.

Calling all gms: @GM_Francis @GM_Sebastian

Armaos is great: card is easy to find, proc triggers really often, really cool addition to the game. Now to find those 85*3 cards required to boost them to level 10 :slight_smile:

Isn’t it 52 cards to get level 10?

Hmm no idea why I thought it was that much :wink:

From 1* to 10* you need 2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10=54 cards. Well 55 if you count the original one. That’s why usually I go for a board filled with 5* cards first, because it only takes 15 cards to reach 5* and that’s half way through, while it takes 40 more cards to get the other half. And removing a card only costs your free daily TP now…

1 Like

Hey, @greyhiem where you able to try this out in ktest/ktos?

Hi @c2gaming.seetoo, I did not follow.

Woodspirit Card (Blue): 10% chance of recovering [★*70] HP when attacked, internal cooldown of Woodspirit Card: 20 sec. This is the effect of woodspirit. I do not know if itos received bugged version or fixed version.
With 10 star woodspirit, you should heal 700 HP minimum. Should get +CON %HP bonus for healing on top of it (~0.6% bonus healing per CON).

You could try to equip 3 armaos card on itos now. Even though it shows 10% proc for 3000 shield with 3 cards, I feel like it is a lot higher % proc rate. Best use of armaos is mobbing such as challenge mode. Shield will be consumed often and proc often during challenge mode. No cooldown on armaos card yet.

I use 3 armaos cards now. I saved up over 3.5k dg cubes for em and it was enough to lv 3 cards to 10. I bought a wood spirit card just out of curiosity. I was really curious to see if it can “sustain” my swordsman (block build) for the possibility of running cm (2 armaos + 1 woodspirit).