Tree of Savior Forum

Allow class resets please

YES, GiVe RanK ReseT PLZ~

but i’ll quit if when that happen…

lulz

@tonyostark
hahaha, the tldr sequel to our previous “heated” conversation if you still recall~

Explain to me how they have diversity. Even if they dont follow the build guide they reset into it later anyway. Every newer mmo ive played a warrior is a warrior no matter how you slice it. There can be differences, but noone uses these differences. They all follow what is the best at that time because they can respec. Some people do it different, but this is a small handfull.

“how to dodge guide” is dodging player skill in that game? that isnt really what were talking about… Thats more like me not following the leveling guide in this game which really has no impact.

I concur. Something to add on to this, TP class resets only serve to divide the players more, to those who can afford to get the TP item and those who can’t. IMC can’t price this cheap either; if it is too cheap it will be prone to be abused.

One may argue that those who want to reset but am unable to buy it due to reasons can just reroll another character. Do take note the very same argument is used by others to those who want to reset their builds when a reset isn’t available, there is always a choice of reroll.

Best is to just do away with the idea of even having a TP based reset. It is a selfish act to advocate resets but only make it available to a select group of players who can pay for it.

1 Like

I personally don’t really care about the resets but at this point would really love to see the impact upon player base after they are put in the game. If those Steam numbers start growing or slow down then everyone whose like: “I’m gonna quit if they allow resets” is going to be mad their ploy didn’t work.

And especially if you’re one of those people who say you’re going to quit and still post on the forums after having made snide remarks to others who have quit then you deserve every granule of salt. You know exactly who you are too so be prepared.

reporting in!

so where is the free salt~ I need some for making beef jerky!

are we quitting TOS to show our point or something?

are we actually fighting over for something?

is this real life? or is it just fantasy?

I don’t know. Class resets are a temporary solution to a long term problem: class balance. The far better solution would be to make each class good instead of just making a couple of super powered classes.

No fighting here. Just a lot of people going to feel dumb that they were part of killing the game as much as IMC with silly opinions if those numbers go up. Criticizing others for their actions over quitting and yet contributing towards a big problem saying something that is false like “this will kill the game” or “I’m going to quit” while being hypocritical.

But then again I’d expect anyone whose so staunchly against any of this to be pretty shameless over their own selfishness to keep the status quo for PVP and PVE boss hunting. So they are prolly not going to care anyways for the well being of others happiness because it’s their fault for not predicting the future of buffs/nerfs/classes released or doing research!

Or just git gewd noob

Come to think of it… having a rebirth styled reset (level and job reset to 1 and grind back the levels) that is quest triggered seems more and more plausible. Do bear with me for this but here is the analogy.

IMC implemented the following over the past few weeks on kToS then iToS.

• x4 & x8 EXP tomes
  • lower level (pre 200) instant DG clear vouchers
  • Instant dungeon reset packages (pretty sure they will be open again for purchase)
  • reduced Siauliai mission torch timing + more mobs added during torch event

On a separate issue, I’ve been using the x8 tome for a few times yesterday and the exp gained from missions and dungeons is really fantastic, got from 150 to 177 in a little over 5-6 hours.

As you see, currently what we can do now is, with the 3 available items, level a character from level 1 very fast to 200s, it goes like the following:

1. Level 1 ~ 50 : x8 tome fueled grinding, newbie area -> tenet garden (1~2hours)

2. 50 ~ 70: Use x8 tome + do level50 dg with DG instant clear voucher x3(x6 if neccessary)

3. 70 ~ 90: x8 tome grind (power levelling) @ royal mau workers lodge (1hr)

4. 90 ~ 115: x8 tome + dg instant clear + reset dg combo for lvl90 dg. Skip missions if lazy

5. 115 ~ 130: x8 tome + dg instant clear + reset dg combo for 115 dg. Skip missions if lazy

6. 130 ~ 145: x8 tome + dg instant clear + reset dg combo for 130 dg. Skip missions if lazy

7. 145 ~ 165: x8 tome + dg instant clear + reset dg combo for 145 dg. Skip missions if lazy

8. 145 ~ 165: x8 tome + dg instant clear + reset dg combo for 145 dg. Skip missions if lazy

9. 165 ~ 175: x8 tome + dg instant clear + reset dg combo for 160dg. Do Siauliai mission, at most 40mins for 3 clears.

10. 175 ~ 190: x8 tome + dg instant clear + reset dg combo for 175 dg. Skip missions if lazy

so on and forth. Probably can do everything within a day 10-16hours of play time?

This is a TP powered levelling/rerolling method. Pretty sure if IMC wants to cater for the pro-reset crowd, they will probably add in the reset to character level1, job level 1 method. And this will complete the circle.

Good for those who keep wanting resets and have spare RL cash to spend. Beats having a TP reset potion. :3

3 Likes

/eyerollsohardyougocrosseyed

If it wasn’t $7 an hour to use them id be interested in them.

Maybe that was the big surprise? 300% xp bonus for the ones who favored $100 class resets.

If their plan is how you predict though ill be happy. rebirth with xp bonus and those who want to spend extra to make it quicker can do that.

I always thought Reroll and EXP Tome/Dungeon Voucher is the answer to Any Reset

Time to make 99alt and get that lv100 Team Level for extra 100% EXP Boost!

Did they ever fix how those tomes work exactly where it doesn’t even give you that much exp because of the stupid underlying mechanic they put on maps?

People know about this stuff right…?

IMC is smart. With this way they can maximise their profits too through the sales of exp tomes and dungeon reset vouchers, win-win for everyone haha.

IMC when are you going to release the DG reset voucher package again? I bought TP to buy it and it bugged out… till now I still can’t redeem my TP… T___T

@kinyau87

A friend of already hit lv50 Team level. I’m still stuck at team level 33… need to work harder for the 50%. Past level 30 can really see the difference in leveling. Good work on this IMC.

@ophiuchu

Yes I do know about it, it gives around 5-9% extra bonus on fields instead of the advertised 30%. In DGs and missions it gives a substantial boost though. Yesterday in my mission runs with a x8 exp tome at level 155 I’m clocking around 10-11million exp gained per hour, with back to back missions x6 totalling 1 hour exact. It works pretty well imo, pushes me 5 levels to 160.

What are you talking about now? Circle reset? or The class diversity? If class diversity is your problem, that means the problem comes from imbalanced classes. While they might have some interrelated common points, they are two different matters. There are only a few skills each circles so there bound to be similarities between your build and others builds.

I said "how-to dodge"guides was an example of people not reading guides, and now you are not even reading properly. If people don’t read the so called meta build guides, where will they copy the build from? By the way, since it is not possible to view other’s build from in-game, players can only ‘copy’ a build from others if they released it. If the person is willing to post a build publicly, I don’t see why you should against other people using it.

"Even if they don’t follow the build guide they reset into it later anyway"
First of all I’d like to ask you to stop making assumptions if possible because that’s stopping you from thinking logically. If a player reset the build without referring to a guide, that means that’s his own build. Even if there are people who reset into the so called “meta build”, that has nothing to do with you unless you are afraid that others will do better than you using the same build.

In short, circle reset item is a non-compulsory choice for players to try something new. Your “the game has no diversity” point is not a valid reason because there are alot of different classes to pick from, which means diversity. If anything can cause people to pick only a few classes out of so many choices given, that means the classes are imbalanced. It doesn’t matter if IMC release circle reset or not, your “no diversity” problem isn’t going to be fixed because they are different matters.

2 Likes

with that many alt… there is no reason you haven’t figured out all possible skill synergy/drawback already

and still people complaining about not having enough info on skills…

IMC and TOS is good, just people don’t realize this.

so, does that mean no Class Reset? I don’t need to quit TOS? hahahahah

Silver/Time invested in a single character argument doesn’t warrant you any sort of Reset.
Reset is just a panic-button…

Rolling more alts to find your perfect build is the only viable way!

high 5 sis~

lets take only swordman rank4 lv100 for example…

how many alt do you need to try it all
swordman3 > pelt1
swordman3 > high1
swordman3 > hop1
swordman3 > barb1

swordman2 > pelt2
swordman2 > high2
swordman2 > hop2
swordman2 > barb2

swordman1 > pelt3
swordman1 > high3

swordman 2 > pelt1 > high1
swordman 2 > pelt1 > hop1
swordman 2 > pelt1 > barb1

just a low rank4 lv100, which you can do in about 10hours play time each, you’ll have more than 10 alt~

Bad idea, imc aren’t responsible for your class choice.
We don’t care about your job, or that you don’t have time to play.

Im talking about both class resets and diversity.

This is the part you replied to isnt it?

You can see their build. Picking the skills isnt hard. You pretty much answered your own question. You dont need a guide to see what everyone else is picking and what is the best.Your example was just bad which is why i questioned it.

Its not an assumption because ive seen it. Other mmos everyone uses the same builds and resets to the next big thing every patch. Once they hit cap they just switch to the meta build.

Im just going to stop with you since your just trying to insult me.

All those x8 tome usage is great, IF! IMC babies us just like the kToS with all the tome freebies but not all people can do such.
Then again it’s still just a band-aid solution to the current boring reroll grinding issue.

Sad to say… not yet haha. It took me 5 rolls of archer to find what I like to play as for an archer alt (main is a cleric), with a couple going to 200s level (that kind of explains the team level). Although the leveling/questing is kind of boring but the experience of building your character is fun. My newest archer is at 177 now but the quests is stuck at Gateway of the Great king map lol, yet to do Royal Mau/Delmore/Mage Tower/Main Chamber … need to go back to them zzz.

Haha at this point of time I’m thinking a “rebirth” option is more likely than a class reset. It is kind of like rerolling but keeps all the gear, titles and achievements. It also helps players to fine tune their builds but require a time investment (as always for MMOs) from them.

Let what others have said, it will be hard to see how a low rank build plays like until the character gets to 200s, or at least high 180s where the mobs start having hp that require more than a few hits to kill. Pre-120s everything can be solved with Cafrisun+Arde+Sacrament.

this is the same problem, when untradeable not being able to shared among alts… if they allow sharing among alts, heck, i’ll buy all 3tabs of that filthy TeamStorage spaces…

map exploration , monster kill etc, these need to reset coz I want that extra exp card~

but hard to get achievement like Gulp or Overkill, those should be account bound, not character bound. (more useful suggestion from a fail-troll-huekinyue)

that’s why my testing alt is all using NPC/quest equipment, nothing fancy, so I can try all the skills etc

hard doesn’t mean you cant win… my Str Dex alt can kill mob faster, but my Con Spr alt still can make do, just took 100% longer time than the other alts… which, I learnt something in the process
(I refuse to write guide coz I spend effort trying, not gonna spoon feed u casuals, but I welcome any conversation/hangout/sharing~ IMHO, I get more interaction in forum than ingame itself…)