Meaning can’t reset templar until

• kick out all guildies,
  • disband guild.
  • clear items in guild bank
  • All guild rankings in GVG have to be cleared and flushed
  • Other guilds which have GVG logs with the said guild need to be tweaked
  • Other guild rankings to be reordered due to a guild disband
  • Guild wars to be concluded

Yeah, affect so many things unlike just deleting 1 character so simple.

well, its a simple condition, reset Templar only if Templar not in any guild.

its the player problem to decide when to kick guildies, disband, etc etc

as for ranking, a simple 5 will do… strike the number or guild name so people would know it disbanded etc

still, reset easier than redo lv220 (coz rank1 to rank6 is about lv217 I think… rank 7 start lv220)

it can be done, just, I lost faith in IMC already… hahahahaha

We just need a system that scales high levels to lower end dungeons, sort of like a match making for those already waiting for low level dungeon runs, but as one queue for all dungeons.

The mobs would have to give beneficial EXP, so that high levels don’t just ‘Rush’, and the run limit separate from other dungeons. As well as there being a requirement of like you needing to be +50 levels from a dungeon to participate.

2 Likes

Besides, the main motivation for people making new characters should never be for the sake of remaking characters, but rather for making a completely different character and trying out a different playstyle. Otherwise, that’s just poor game design.

Here’s a lengthy reply. Feel free to ignore, esp for those who’ve already read my posts in a previous thread.

As tackled over and over again in most class reset threads, (I’m writing this mostly to pass time and to refine my view on this matter) one of the main arguments against class resets is that it will discourage people from making new characters which will in turn will lead to two things: (1) it will affect the diversity of the builds that are being used; (2) it will reduce the population of low level characters.

For #1, diversity of builds is already in a bad place as it is, owing to the fact that for every base class, there are only a handful of so-called “meta” builds. If there are a lot of meta builds to choose from, why would it matter that people can easily switch to the most popular a.k.a “meta” build? And by easily, I mean at the cost of a huge sum of TP (which is not actually “easy” at all). Whatever “diversity” we have now is just a product of poor class balancing. Arguing that people should embrace this so-called diversity and just stick with their current build is just blindly accepting that IMC has failed miserably in providing us with even a decent class system. Class reset won’t kill diversity, poor class balancing already did from the moment the game was released. Although, I have to concede that class reset may magnify this particular problem which highly depends its accesibility and other mechanics.

For #2 As I mentioned, it’s another symptom of poor game design, or even marketing/publicity - poor marketing or publicity because I believe new or low-level characters should consist mostly of new players (i.e a healthy mix of new and old players). But that’s just probably me and probably just wishful thinking at best.

Also, it’s a symptom of poor game design because old players should never resort to making a new class solely for the sake of remaking and tweaking a previous character. Making new characters should be for the purpose of trying out a different build or gameplay, or even testing out different builds, assuming class reset don’t come cheap or are not that accessible. There should also be better rewards or benefits for making multiple characters. This way, people who opt for class reset miss out on whatever benefits they would have received if they just made a new character.

tl;dr The anti-reset argument that class resets will kill diversity and reduce the population of low-level characters is basically accusing the wrong culprit. And if class resets - in whatever form - would magnify these existing problems, it can easily be solved with the proper implementation.

2 Likes

thank you for finally using the tldr, adult tonyo

the kid inside me thank you for that

sincerely
aint-that-huehuehue-haukinyau-supposed-to-be-muted

1 Like

I’ve seen that brought up before and it’s a great idea.

I’m pretty sure this is not the first time I’ve included a tl;dr in my post. and tbh, this was more for my pleasure than anything. It’s quite satisfying organizing my thoughts and writing them down (I try, at least). Being a bum takes a toll on my ability to write anything.

SAY YES TO CLASS RESET :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sensei !!!

:penguin:

SAY YES TO RANK RESET

2 Likes

It took them til 280 to realize it wasnt fun? For some reason i dont believe thats possible.

@tonyostark No matter how much they balance there will always be some builds better than others. I guess every game in existence is designed poorly then. Those games have resets so its ok you say? those games also have no diversity and people just reset to the next big thing every patch.

“huge sum of TP” isnt a good restriction either.

Proper implementation to me would mean rebirth with xp bonus til you get back to where you were. Not “buy item repick ranks”.

This is the nature of any game where you pick and customize a class to some degree.

I have a full time job and made a new rank 7 character in 7 days.

I do agree with you though, skills are badly translated. Fortunately TOSbase has videos that usually show you (to some degree) what they do. And leveling is part of the learning experience. If you made a bad build you don’t like, you’ve come out of it having learned what not to do in the future. I too have messed up one of my characters (linker) because a skill is not properly explained literally anywhere (spiritual chain and the buffs it can actually share). But I’ll either make it work, or if it ends up bothering me that much, I’ll reroll it.

Being handed a class reset doesn’t help you learn. You need to be held accountable for the mistakes you make. In this case, it’s a few days of your time.

Almost, because GW2 allow a lot of customization.

And as their are ton of possibilites, you learned nothing from building a character.

Yes because rerolling learn you something. You learn from your mistake, not from the reroll nor from the reset class.

These are so wrong.

Early game content is just about questing and more quests, it’s extremely boring and totally different compare with high end content where monster’s damage raise to 1000+ and their HP reach over 100k. Early game lvling content is just a huge spoon feed tutorial, it just feed player’s ego and give them false hope while trying non-meta builds.

Not mention some classes from low/mid rank will fall off late game because flat stats and bad scaling.

Without Circle reset, people will keep rolling Meta builds because they are too afraid to try something new. Circle reset could bring a lot of players back, and help players try more builds to save unpopular classes.

BTW, linker is OP with combo JP+Hangman knot alone, it always viable. You can’t go wrong with Linker as long as you max JP

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by no diversity. Almost every games have class ‘guides’ these days. But…how many people actually read guides? I’ll just take Tera as an example. Every dungeons have full guides on ‘how-to dodge’ this and that before a new dungeon is even released, yet you will still find like alot of them still prefer to do it their own way. You will still find people that have no idea what their class are for. Alot of them just enter a new dungeon and yolo.
Let’s just take it this way: Players are not robots or NPC. There are people who prefer perfect builds for certain situations and perfect play, on the same time there are people who want to do whatever they want; There are people who like easy games, and people who will give themselves some challenges. When people are given choices, there will be differences. This is why you are playing a game.

they shiuld just add a build simulator, where you build your build and can play around with your build (like actually use the character and fight stuff) before creating your char, also they should provide resets whenever they nerf a class to the gorund, like they did with sadhu. idk why ppl disagree with that, if they nerf your class to the ground you 100% DESERVE a class reset, because it wasnt even your fault, your build was perect but is now suddenly unviable, you deserve a class reset, yet some ppl think you dont deserve a reset and youre lazy if u dont reroll, if you didnt get a class reset after your class being nerfed, then imc could just go around nerfing every class to the ground, you make a sahsdu, it gets nerfed to the ground, you reroll to a elewarlock,. nerfed to the ground, you roll a fletceer, nerfed to the ground, thats like atleast a few months out of your life that you wont ever get back, its basically like those months arent even worth anything, like they never existed. and imc is already going that route, if you see all the overnerfed classes in this game, theres like atleast 4 on each class. this is the main rerason i am for FREE class resets whnever a big change happens to your class.

GW2 had 6 (?) classes and preset skills based on the weapon you chose, that you could change at any time. Yes it’s customization to a degree, but there are still meta choices all the same. Some were very much not viable, and you didn’t have to reroll. It’s why the game was terrible, everything was a casual zerg-fest and there was not really any thought involved in any aspect of the gameplay.

There are a ton of possibilities, which you learn about by playing the game either with them, or because others you party with are doing it. You are, however, learning.

Very wrong. All MMOs include questing, but the questing and leveling experience is to teach you how to play the game. You progress as you level, but through leveling you learn more about the game. It’s why someone who has only a level 150 thinks about this very differently than someone with a couple 280s.

People can keep rolling meta builds if they think it’s easier–bad players will always do that though and never understand why something is good, or why it’s popular in the meta. They’ll regurgitate it like it’s the best thing ever but don’t know how it works, and cry about class balance when the meta changes because they can’t adapt. Again though, that’s every MMO.

Circle reset would cause people to get out of poorly thought-out builds. That’s it. That doesn’t mean everyone should roll the meta. It means they should be thoughtful about the decisions they make.

Is that really such a bad thing?

1 Like

Was was was. Because it’s no more Zerg, and actually you forgot the most important part : trees/masteries/abilites (whatever they name it). Actually GW2 has more builds than ToS with 7 classes, lol.

Yep but you are not learning a lot anyway, so you can do mistakes again. And people might tell you something which is wrong on their build, you cannot know until you really tested it.

I would also like to point out that I believe circle resets should be given if a class changes dramatically, and only to people who have circles in that class.

For example, if they decided to rework monk to make it viable, they would have to give resets to people who made the most ridiculous builds imaginable trying to make monk work when it was ■■■■.

I’m talking like, rework skills to be completely different though.

Wasnt the only time they did this was to sadhu though and it was before the game was released? Like in CBT it was really strong and on release it wasnt?

I dont remember any other time this happening though. So people just assume classes will be nerfed to the ground.