Tree of Savior Forum

About Highlander C3

yes, highlander3 barb1 is optimal for doppelsoeldner

any attribute on that build?

once u get high3, the costume is really awesome, i have it. it changes the way u hold the sword and uses skyliner skill

it changes the way u hold the sword and uses skyliner skill

Can you show some screenshots? I might roll one cause of that XD

normal:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/9/3/932d643f9513ee96de250aad820b083d3f2d8179.gif

with costume:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/f/efceee0263c288c79e3f944f80244363a0c0e4cc.gif

also, theres a diferent noise when u use with the costume
but what i really like is the costume itself, i think is one of the coolest in the game

only works with 2h sword thats why he is using costume in both gifs. also, the way it ends, holding the sword kinda infront of u, thats how u hold it and walk with it.

If you want more pics of the costume let me know, those gifs are the ones i posted here Highlander c3 costume: new skyliner effect

here, Lv. 280 hl>barb3>dopp 2 with str build.
(Lv.60 Attribute on cyclone)

Lv. 253 high3>barb>dopp 2 with dex build.
(Lv.50 Attribute on cyclone)

can i bring HL3 or HL2>barb1 to pvp? i realized that all debuff of both build are rank 1 and rely on them to keep up with higher rank. the problem is it can easily cured by bloodletting and dispeller scroll.

if the target can remove all HL/barb’s debuff, which build have better damage even w/o debuff? i pick HL2>bar1 in the last minute but i feel like im gonna miss out the vertical slash buff.

atm if you want to pvp forget about highlanders in most situations, as they are mostly pve barb would be a better thing but swordsman 3 should be the best, something like sword3-barb1-cor1-doppel2 could work just fine.

i’ll just stick to the meta I guess, i was hoping to utilized crossguard for fencer path

just wait till a catagoon following the meta rushes to your team and block it and pierce them to death

i thought rush have status immunities?

I would have to disagree with you here.

Pouncing with knockdown attribute is one of the best Swordsmen skills for PvP.
But, that’s it.
The rest of Barbarian skills have a very, very slow animation, are clunky and weak. Forget about Warcry and Frenzy as well.

On the other side, Highlander has Bleeding, Wagon Wheel, Crown and Skull Swing.

But still, yes, they face the same problem that most Swordsmen suffer: Close range.

There are currently 2 things that, then, are indispensable to every Swordsman thinking on going to PvP: Cata’s speed and Corsair’s Hook.

Catas are lancers, so they would not be optimal for Highlanders and Barbarians.

But Corsair, on the other hand, offers a ranged disable, that offers you the opportunity to spam a precise combo of skills.

If Barbarian, you would have weak skills, and wasteful stuns (the stuns would be good right about when Hook ends though).

When Highlander would plummet the target’s INT and SPR, eliminate their defense and afflict Bleeding.

This, to me, sums up the question about Barbarian and Highlander on PvP (considering that you pick Corsair for them. If you don’t, then forget about PvP altogether).

yeah pretty nice with a long cd and easy disable, people need to notice this, there’re a lot of classes that can disable almost all status that swordsman do, plague doctor, oracle are one of the major examples, catarush not only add stun to the formula but an annoying knockback with a huge cc inmunity, poucing don’t have that but if they don’t have a “dispeller” class a cyclone with restrain 10 is equal death, and in my example barb is a filler class that boost slash dmg, hence double slash and cyclone with corsair offer a great cc at long distance and a short one, currently for a pvp character or you go full cata3sw3 or sw3rode3cor(this one full con) the other options are just situational, imo barb is better than highlander but that’s because highlander just plain suck a pvp, small hitboxes, slow animation on important skill aka skull swing, the only difference with barb is the hit boxes, ofcourse poucing could be good but his knockback don’t pass throught safetyzone, a montano and dust devil will ■■■■ you up, and archer can just stun lock you in to the ground in some corner.

it’s different build, right? i wanna see both type with the same build like both with STR build or DEX build. btw Why do you have Dex build on your High C3 > Barb. What is benefit of full Dex? I just got High 3 last night and he is full STR Build.

bc i just love to see that yellow damage (crit) lol.

dex build pros (pve), high evasion, if you manage to pump your crit rate to 500+, maybe about 60-70% crit chance.

I love “overkill” better ><" btw full Dex no need for PVE, right?

it rly depend on your playsytle and preference. both build are good @ pve.

I used to think like that, or even worse about Highlander.
When I started playing this game, Fencer was my first choice almost instantly, due to the concept of the class of Criticals and High Evasion.
But every build I saw since then didn’t included Highlander, it was always Barbarian, mostly Peltasta and rarely Corsairs.
To add insult to injury, every topic about the matter loathed Highlander, saying how bad of a class it was, how it “locked you into 2HSwords”, how C3 was a worthless piece of trash, etc.

That until I saw this guy here:

He uses Peltasta’s Guard © a lot, but Cross Cut + Skyliner shines as well.
Hook simply render the target useless. He only took Highlander 2 as well, so no Skull Swing. Also, look how pathetic a STR Cata really is (I think it is the most overrated - by far - swordsman build)

Well, at the time I saw it, I knew nothing about Highlander, apart from just to stay away from it.
This guy made me become interested in the class, research more, and after some time, creating one.

What I have to say is that Highlander is by no means bad at PvP - I think it is even better than Barbarian - due to the fact that it applies various crippling debuffs, and not only “just stun”.

that’s a 1v1 without dispeller.