Tree of Savior Forum

Highlander c3 costume: new skyliner effect

Hello,

Today 26/07/2016 we got a nice patch that included some costumes, one of them was the highlander circle 3 costume.
We know that almost every highlander skill has no special stance, the only one beeing crossguard that uses a 2h sword stance. A lot of people takes highlander just because there aren’t stances required to use the skills such as skull swing, crosscut or skyliner. The only one that got reworked was Skyliner tho, if you are not using a 2h sword you won’t get the new effect. That is actually a bit frustating since if we go to a path where we don’t use a 2h sword (corsair, fencer) we will get the same skyliner effect as we had before and, to be fair, it’s not as cool as it is with the new effect.
So what i’m trying to say is just if IMC could change it from beeing only from 2h swords to all melee weapons.
using a 2h sword->
Using a rapier —>
Thanks for reading
(also i’m not a native english speaker so if i did write something wrong let me know, i’m still learning!)

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Max @STAFF_John @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines

2 Likes

Please, listen to OP. I was hoping on buying it for my high c3 > fencer but lost my interest after that lol. (Thx for showing this btw)

1 Like

I mean, It makes sense that it doesn’t. Highlander is a two-hand sword class why would it share the same animations using a shield and sword or any other melee? Archer C3 costume and probably the rest of the c3 costumes does the same thing if you don’t have the classes desired weapon. Might just have to wait until they make a fencer costume.

Seeing how highlander requires no specific stance to use any of its skills at all, the effect should be applied to the skill no matter what you’re using, imo that is.

2 Likes

That’s like saying anyone who is wearing a wizard c3 costume wearing a sword or mace should still be able to have the animations and stance.

I’m not saying that we should get the stance since it’s a 2h sword only stance but the animation and effects should be usable by all type of melee weapons, the same for wiz c3 since it’s just a skill

1 Like

By stance i mean required weapon, like stated in databases, not the actual character stance. I’m only looking forward into the animation of the skills. That means qs3 costume running shot animation shouldn’t work while the player wields a bow, since the class is xbow based but, in fact, it does.

1 Like

@STAFF_John
@STAFF_Ethan
@STAFF_Max
@STAFF_Amy
@STAFF_Ines

I’d like to give emphasis on this issue
I’m a Highlancer C3 fencer and I can’t enjoy my Highlander C3 costume SFX visuals at all because it doesn’t apply for weapons other than 2H swords :cry:

1 Like