Tree of Savior Forum

You guys are awesome, IMC!

Curious which game that is too.

It’s called Tera, the game is dead though cause it sucks too. Developers ran it into the ground with no content but cash shop cosmetics

They never completely removed bots there. It’s a possibility once the games popularity died down, it just became less profitable for the gold sellers and bots and they moved on to new games.

If you read through that as well, youd find the dev did things that people in this game or least the forum users would go ballistic about.

Ah, you’re talking about Elin Online: The Loli Generator. Pretty sure as how Tera’s dying due to the extreme pandering to Elins, the Gold sellers just simply moved onto newer titles…like this one!

That said though, IMC is improving. They realize that there are key things to worry about, and that simply listening to the pleas of the community too hastily will bring even more pain than not listening in the first place. However, it really is a slow process and I hope they gain enough traction to really get rolling though. Another screw up though and you can get ready to ride Through the Fire and Flames.

What on earth are you even talking about? Do you even know at this point?

Good job guys, your leader is happy.

Elin keep it floating until now. The anger and disappointment was that all the “new” content releases were repetitive and reskinned content. That and Nexon took over the korean version and everyone got scared and left. Nexon is like cancer.

It has been proven by this point - I don’t need to depend merit or rationale to give weight to my conjecture.

Did the game launch underfunded, server-wise? Yes.

Is their development team too small to fix/incapable of fixing major, game breaking issues in a timely manner such as (but not limited to) the game’s engine grinding to single digit FPS during field boss battles even on the most powerful of computers? Yes.

Do they continue to send almost their entire team home on weekends to avoid paying them more as required by south korean law, leaving us with servers that tend to fall apart on friday night? Yes.

I could go on, but I don’t think that will be necessary.

No. No it isn’t. You don’t just throw more coders at a problem to fix it. Clearly you have never worked on any significant coding project.

I’ve never had these magical ‘friday night’ problems that you have. Also, maybe their employees don’t WANT to work on weekends. Should they beat them until they comply?

When they really fix the optimization issues and not just adding a few graphics options in game, then I’ll praise them. They’re on their way to fixing more problems, but it’s really hard when older games run better than this game. I’ll be realistic and give them at least 3 months after F2P to really get down to this

You are a cutiepie! Did it ever occur to you that I was hinting they were understaffed for a projecting of this undertaking?

Actually, it really wasn’t a hint. It’s a declaration of something obvious to someone who has seen good MMO launches and bad ones.

Regarding “throwing more coders”, uh, what makes you think the graphical problem is even being worked on? What if there’s zero coders on it right now, because it’s considered low priority compared to other issues? I think throwing a coder at it would be an effective strategy there. What if they only have one guy who even really understands the engine and the problem it generates? Then they could hire someone to work alleviate his or her workload while they solve the graphical problem.

Clearly your conception of what must be going on is very narrow, and unrealistic in that it ignores results.

As for your friday night problems, or lack thereof, I see no reason to argue with you when the majority of the userbase - specifically those on Klaipeda - know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m OK with not debating this with you further as long as everyone knows I’m right and you’re wrong (they do). I’d suggest a forum search on this topic but I know you won’t.

Probably the fact that they said they acknowledge the optimization issues and are working on it; the slew of new options is further evidence of this. As usual, though, you’re incredibly ignorant. How surprising.

Whatever you say. The only issue that is special on the weekends is more congestion due to weekend players being on, especially on the already overcrowded server of Klaipeda. I can see someone like you, with your extremely limited knowledge, confusing that with some sort of other problem though.

holy sh*t, i can never take anything you say seriously again.
merit and rationale are the only things ever give any weight to conjecture.

not that i imagine you care, because anyone that disagrees with a giant inflated ego like that will automatically be wrong in your mind.

New options that don’t remotely address or improve the inherent engine problem. As for acknowledgement, I’ve seen Julie report that she was reporting to the devs the information provided by the very smart fellows in my thread - but when have you seen any acknowledgement they were working the kind of engine overhaul necessary to actually remedy the problem?

I’d be very interested if you can provide a link to this. I’d definitely back down on this issue - even apologize, with something like that in front of me.

As for “Whatever I say”, well, what I say isn’t important. You only need to do a search on the subject - IMC not being at the office on weekends, and how this coincided with the worst episodes of commanderloadfail on Klaipeda, only being resolved when the work week arrived on South Korea. Be upset with reality - you don’t need to even consider me.

@tzxazrael
You didn’t get the joke. I said I didn’t need to depend on merit and rationale to give weight to my words because my statements were no longer conjecture. They are observations that are both present and documented history, as evidenced by, well - I’d tell you guys to search the forums, but you still aren’t doing that, or you wouldn’t be coming at me over what most informed members of this community consider common knowledge.

Need I point out that the engine problem has existed since closed beta?

That’s because CommandLoadFail has to deal with the number of people doing the instances at any given time. This is pretty much general knowledge at this point. I don’t know how even you haven’t read this somewhere. The peak times are always going to be the worst for this. That would be , you guessed it, the weekends. This is also the reason why Klaipeda has it worse than the other servers; it is by far the most populated server. It isn’t because the staff is gone on weekends; it’s because there are more players on during the weekends.

They haven’t flat out stated they are overhauling the enginge, but Hak Kyu Kim himself acknowledged the problem and said they are working on it ‘recently’.

Read it? I was arguing that same point myself! If they had staff present on the weekends - somebody at the till, as it were - they would have taken the server down for emergency maintenance and brought it back up with increased capacity. Instead that happened on, hey, you guessed it - South Korea’s monday.

It isn’t like this was the only problem that went ignored over an entire weekend, anyway.

And, I’m not about to accept hearsay on these forums, so I insist you provide a link to this acknowledgment. Again.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/please-optimize-the-game-please-its-urgent/

This is the thread. I don’t know how to externally link to an exact post of a thread.

I gave them a negative review on Steam because they deserve it. I don’t give merit based on “potential” or “effort”. This is my time and money, for that i demand results, as it should be.

When and if they reach a point that is satisfactory, reviews will change. Until then, new players should be well aware of what they’re getting into, not what might be or could be.

Thank you. I’m not sure how to interpret that post by kim. It doesn’t match up to the very solid findings from the player base in a way I can’t help but find ominous.

TLDR; Disabling all player models but 10 or 5 does almost nothing for most users in congested areas, the game isn’t even processing graphics at that point - something is choking the engine and it isn’t # of models or textures rendered. Testing indicates it might actually be the engine throttling FPS based on inefficient single-core processing of TCP packets related to player positioning and movement.

Nothing kim suggested in his “at least” will fix the problem at hand, or even address it. But he didn’t say that’s all they were doing, either.

the engine was created for Granado Espada, originally launched 10 years ago.
i would think that whatever optimization we could expect “soon” has already happened.

there might be more “eventually”, but other things probably take priority right now, especially if CommanderLoadFail has come back…