Tree of Savior Forum

You cannot stop RMT, so stop fumbling your game's appeal to do so

Funny, I don’t get that vibe. It’d be pretty weird business practice if you ask me. =]

If you check steam reviews, there are more than 1500 negative reviews with pretty much the same complain about the restriction. There are literally thousands of people just like he said.

Also, both you and I currently play on token, which means we have it easier than players without token.

Imagine at the end of this month when hordes of free players come in, sh*tstorm will rain on the forum, much more than this.

Without 1:1 trade, 1 market slot per day, 30% tax, people will complain for sure.

1 Like

Well then, I’ll admit the thousands part you have me.

Let me ask you this: how many currently play the game in a ratio that we can compare that to? More oft than not, it’s always the minority that will always complain and change the game for the vast majority that doesn’t even care most of the time.

In the end, I’m going to see what IMC themselves do.

I wouldn’t exactly blame a good tasting ice for making me buy another one.

Currently, token prices are pretty inexpensive (hovering around 400k or so per token). Everyone should fully expect that this value will increase drastically over the next few months.

I wrote at some length about this issue prior to launch:

I would like to add some additional issues that have cropped up recently that further exacerbate things:

1. It is possible (and pretty likely) that silver farmers will buy up tokens too in order to ease market restrictions and make themselves more profitable (and allow for more flexibility with respect to trading). After all, they farm ridiculous amounts of silver. The fact that they are likely acquiring Arde daggers (which has driven up prices to ~1 million silver) via the market suggests they will likely acquire tokens as well. This will further stress the token supply…

2. The not so stellar reviews of the game so far suggest that the initial polling data on how many people would buy the $18 tokens is probably an overestimate.

I expect things to be okay for probably ~3 or 4 months, but at this point I’m pretty much expecting token prices to spiral out of control. This will prevent most except the most hardcore of F2P players from ever achieving a token…

Having no 1:1 trade, only 1 market slot per day, and a 30% tax I think will be overly draconian in most F2P player’s minds. But we’ll just have to see how things go… I don’t see a happy conclusion to this trend though unfortunately.

2 Likes

anotha one of these threads :ok_hand::joy:

1 Like

If everyone had a nickel, right?

Hmmm, maybe it’s something that matters a bit? Just maybe?

completely agree with OP. IMC is doing nothing except annoy the gold sellers/bots but in return is severely damaging their own rep hard and they just barely started. every single review on steam when you scroll down TOS’s page is negative. When a potential player looks at their steam reviews, there is no chance that they’ll click the “download now” button. This game wont survive if it continues this path.

My point is when you will (if ever) get frends,irl may be, then you will see the problem.
For people playing solo its ok. Looks like imc whant solo players in the first place.

you know there’s a way to compeltely stop RMTers… I’ve seen this system in place before in the Chineese version of Dragon Nest, it’s a special market where you sell in game courrency for cash courrency, so for example, you’d buy 100TP and place them on THAT Market for let’s say 250k silver, and then a f2p user who has farmed those 250k silver comes to the market and buy those 100TP from you, and that’s it, and it works the other way aswell, you farm 250k silver but want some TP for a TP-exclusive item, so you place your silver on the marketplace for 100TP.

so it’s like RMT but IMC would profit from it and it doesn’t really hurt the economy since the silver would be farmed by legit players instead of bots, and the “money” to purchase the silver would be proffit for IMC in the form on TP purchased, and since there’s a legit way to get in game courrency for real world cash, why would ANYONE risk it and go to a RMTer and risk a ban or an inventory wipe?

I mean, technically IMC already does this. You can sell tokens on the market.

1 Like

but what f I want to get a hairstyle or a costume from the TP shop? they’re not tradeable trough market and I could use my hard earned silver to purchase enough TP to buy from the TP shop. and tokens may take forever to sell unless you sell it for REAL cheap, instead you could sell your TP in stacks of like 10, so people without 300k can purchase them little by little.

“Let me ask you this: how many currently play the game in a ratio that we can compare that to?” That made no sense what so ever.

I don’t know what you’re comparing but I assume you’re comparing the negative reviews to the concurrent players in the game, which doesn’t make any sense. You should be comparing the negative reviews to the positives, and right now, it’s “mixed” which is not a good sign by the way.

Isn’t about RMT. It’s about bots. If bots are eliminated, you eliminate like 95% of RMT, AND the players can play in peace.

2 Likes

There much more bad and negative reviews that positive.

1 Like

But that’s exactly what he’s saying… You just can’t get rid of bots. Do you think any game nowadays would have to deal with RMT if they could just flip a switch and eliminate bots efficiently?

If peace standard is restricted me to trf my ownself earned silver to another new toon imma going to make?nah i dont want peace, i want chaos so i didnt have to be HARD when i got high lvl character in making silver for my lowbies toon,so yeah im a chaos fan which despise your peacelike dictatorship
So it wouldnt be long before people like me who actually spent and hoping what i spent can ease me on my limited time spent on game GONE, and yeah an epic planned game became epic failure because of this paranoia,i still amazed tho the fact that imc didnt sell silver themselves lol, i meant it IMC just sell the silver since you guys having a hard time try to profit from gold seller and people who needs to play socially? Just sell the silver for fck sake, put it on TP store, seriously this game arent exactly on guild to guild races or campaign to gain good members, lol you will see what im trying to say here later when a rich guild leader cant even trade silver to pool their members lol

Thsts the big problem. Imc want you to play on more that one character.then they make it so even if you pay them you cant normally give items to this new character.

remember the good ol’ days on EVERY OTHER MMO EVER, wher after a raid the leader would just sell things on the auction house and then split the proffits among the raid members? yeah… not happening.

1 Like