Tree of Savior Forum

You cannot stop RMT, so stop fumbling your game's appeal to do so

IMC, you do realize that even if you 100% banned all forms of trade; no money, no items, nothing, that RMT will still exist for the game?

They will just sell individual accounts that they bot up and level and amass gold. Making an account is free, so if they get caught in the process they’ll just make another.

Point being, you’re blowin’ it on the subject of anti-rmt measures, blowin’ it real badly, and at a huge cost. The truth is there isn’t anything you can do, you have to learn to co-exist with the RMT business in a way that best suits you, you cannot, and never will block it out. Every successful MMO has RMT and deals with it in a reactive form. You’re doing it in a preventative form that only hurts you, while displaying a very sheer lack of understanding of how RMTers even work, and a seeming ignorance of how it’s affecting your players.

That’s really all I have to say. Stop trying so hard to kill the RMTers. It won’t happen. Learn to live with them. Find a middle ground.

31 Likes

Completely agree.There’s no need to take us down with them in this effort.If any other game had found a way to completely stop bots/RMT,all the others would already be using it.But that hasn’t and isn’t going to happen.

They’re already making money off this founder’s access and token system,and will make plenty more sticking to it.So they need to worry more about responding to the bots/bugs that are already in the game,instead of [in vain] trying to keep them out.That should be priority,then server transfers,then probably damage control for the bad publicity they’ve caused themselves.

3 Likes

Agree, this is a lazy way to deal with RTM. Get the player base involved. IE- Hold an event for every time a huge Gold selling toon gets taken down and Used the Farmed Silver for Prizes and Insensitive’s. You guys already have the best weapons = The player Base = Lets us help you >.>

I’m actually glad they’re doing this. Honestly, if I can have a game where RMT is punished this severely that my game later on will be an actual game, I’m all for it. It’s not like trading items is game breaking or anything anyway.

7 Likes

It’s not about RMT. It’s about money’s. That’s all. Greed is good, ya’know.

BTW, restrictions on Team Storage. Yeah-yeah, well, it will definitely be enough to stop RMT. No one gonna explain, how, but u should trust 'em - it works.

Who cares about antibot protection? Anti-autobot not gonna stop RMT. Only paywall, my Lord.

2 Likes

The only people being punished are you and me…not the RMTers. They are unaffected.

Get it yet?

4 Likes

Nope Casual player affected too, here in your 1st post.

See the bots ? with low rate spawn and many of bots you can’t grinding / level up.

Sorry, I don’t feel the same “punishment” that you do. To me, this is something that I don’t mind because it’ll reduce the chances of a game I actually like to have a stupid end game and community and reverse it.

I don’t believe there’s a “no solution” saying to anything, it’s just a form of pessimism in order to attain some kind of want as opposed to a need.

Do you get that?

3 Likes

Let me try to make it simpler for you.

The measures that IMC have taken do nothing to hinder RMT businesses and nothing they ever do will.

The only thing you gain out of the situation is lack of features, and that’s even with a token active.

Are you trying to tell me, assuming that RMT cannot be stopped (which it can’t be), or assuming that RMT just didn’t exist, you’d rather the way it is now as opposed to being able to open up trade windows and transfer things through an auction house that doesn’t boggle the mind with how many restrictions it has?

You’re afraid of a boogeyman. RMT is that boogeyman. There’s nothing to be afraid of, because you’re already doing a fine job dealing with it right now. RMT is all around you in the game as you respond to this very post, and it isn’t going anywhere. That’s WITH the restrictions. Nothing changes. We only stand to benefit.

6 Likes

You playing an mmo here not a solo game.
When you will have some frends in your gaming life you will understand the problem.

2 Likes

If anything this game has proven that whatever market exists for powerleveling/rmt/etc, it is practically impenetrable and its workers are like roaches, able to muscle through a buy-in, severe punishment, and harsh trading sanctions. I’m almost to the point where I think bots themselves aren’t the problem, but the market that exists for these services.

Most definitely, at the very root, it’s the players themselves who are at fault for this existing in the first place.

You could almost say we brought these restrictions on ourselves in a twisted way.

2 Likes

I think they should just put a silver cap in place and enable trade. There is no reason why a level 1 should be able to hold 1 million silver.

Realy?why have a trad at all then?delet trade delet chat as well and may be party system as well for the protection.

Again, whether or not you may think that what you have in your mind is the right thing, there are others who disagree with you. I’m not the only one who’s apparently “afraid of the boogeyman,” which I don’t even know how you got an assumption like that.

Honestly, if you don’t like it, you always can just move on to another game. Is it really that hard to just not support something if you don’t like it? Do you HAVE to change everything you come into contact with?

Also, when you become a dev of a game and you make it successful, come back and tell me. Maybe that way, your words may hold some weight.

2 Likes

It’s funny, I don’t think I’ve been playing this game solo since the beginning. I can’t prove that to you–nor do I want to–but, majority of the players I’ve been playing with REALLY don’t have a problem with it.

What exactly is your point?

1 Like

There are plenty of other games you can go and play if your number one desire is to play the market and win the game by farming gold.

This game is about progressing by playing the game. You’re free to like it or not but you need to know that you are in the minority with regards to your opinion. Most of the playerbase already understands how trading and playing an AH ruins the game. Most of the players are quite happy with the restrictions placed on it.

The reason for this is because now people who obsess over spreadsheeting the AH in order to get ahead (and do so) now have to play the game just like everyone else.

I’m throwing this out here just to speak for all the people who are too busy enjoying the game to come to the forums and speak in support of this issue.

2 Likes

So your best argument is “I and people I know don’t have a problem with it so get over it”?

Tell that to the thousands of people who do.

I’m sick of “If you don’t like it, play something else.” The whole damn point of complaining in the first place is because the person complaining probably likes it and feel it would be much better with some changes.

This is why feedback systems exist. If it’s a complaint of one person the liklihood of it being a complaint for many more is high.

Get over yourself and suck it up, as long as IMC enforces this hamfisted and completely irrational form of anti-RMT measures, you will hear complaining about it. Good luck!

3 Likes

Considering I’m not the one trying to force things down people’s throats here, I don’t think I’m the one who “needs to get over myself.”

As far as “thousands of people,” I see maybe about a handful of people in the news section and the forums compared to the people who are actually enjoying the game with these “limitations.”

Anyway, even if this is “fixed” in your eyes, there’s always something people will complain about, so this is just another drop in the ocean.

Thanks for the luck, I’m gonna need it for when I get a higher level and get those drops instead of lamenting here on the forums.

“if you don’t like it, you always can just move on to another game.”

Thats for sure what IMC wants

3 Likes