Tree of Savior Forum

Yet another SR nerf

Spreading misinformation? This is literally public information. Did I start the RMT thread? No. Did I come up with the photo? No. I merely saw the same post 2-3 times and referenced it here.

Misinformation? No, it started with a reason. Controversial? Ok.

What the ■■■■? Seriously? You can’t use your BM’s skill (including AA with your GUN) without activating DRG, that’s why it’s necessary to include DRG. I wasn’t even putting other unrelated buffs in there lmao

If Limacon can pair with DRG I would gladly include it in and I am sure if that happens, you’d get a huge surge of people to reset into a SR. Truth is, Limacon somehow doesn’t work with most of the BM’s skill, including DRG. That’s why BM1 doesn’t really fit SR3 that well.

So this is what it is huh? Ele3Warlock3 are braindead and you feel so special about knowing how to play a SR (roll my eyes…)

Am I talking to a cow here??? Did you ever read??
Did I ever say you can’t use Retreat Shot with Limacon together? Or use SP potion with Glassmole? Or invest money into more attribute points?
I said no matter what you do your damage gets outclassed with the same amount of investment, in the current end game content.

You don’t have to agree to this but please don’t make me repeat myself again. PLEASE READ

Other than the RMT post there isn’t any possible misinformation here. SR lacks single damage comparatively, lacks a good R9 class as most of BM1 skills can’t be used while riding.

2 Likes

Yes, you did. Why don’t you read your own information?

So tell us, what are the 2 skills that don’t make sense in a boss fight, that you listed, right here.

You can use Tase, Smash Bullet, Silver Bullet, Napalm Bullet and FMJ without needing to use DGS on an SR. R.I.P. is an underwhelming skill, and so is Bloody overdrive unless you’re a BM2. Napalm is obviously a point waster, too. Obviously silver bullet is good with limacon and retreat combo.

2 Likes

Lol, and this guy said

:tired:

1 Like

…We can come back to this when Bernice becomes a gear centralized environment like Dragon Nest.

I already said that you use Marching Fire and Retreat Shot while AA with Limacon.

Now let me get this straight, you want to tell me that Limacon + Retreat Shot out-damage Running shot alone? OK SURE??? I mean you are comparing two rank6 skills against 1 rank 4 skill. Also 30 skill points against 5 … Did you even realize what you are saying here?

As of right now this update hasn’t happened yet? I haven’t read the latest dev blog. Maybe this is the exact reason why they compensate the class with a buff after a nerf, don’t you think? Or do you want to tell me that the dev is fking nuts to buff an OP class?

Few things here:

1. SR has it’s place, absolutely. Versatility, mobility, these are all SR’s signature. My intention was NOT to “rag and shake off” SR3. If anything I wish the class has a better R9 and some of the worthless SR’s skills that never get touched get some reworks.

2. I started this discussion because you literally threw in a video of yourself murdering 300 dunegon with 110k retreat shot, and you are literally THE WHALE that pings your weapons in such high frequency. Normal people with ok gears do 20-30k retreat shot, and they kill things much slower so they drain their SP faster. I also already stated that SR can feel free to keep up the SP bar with pots and you are free to run glassmole x 3 to pair with that. My point here is people who run out of SP quickly isn’t necessary playing the class WRONG. Maybe they don’t want to buy pots for every run, maybe they want to play pots free. After all Limacon used not to cost SP.

I haven’t seen it, but I am all ears. I guess this one guy didn’t bother to ping his weapon? The closest one I saw is Monstz’s solmiki pistol.

So at the end of the day you don’t disagree that the PVE nerf isn’t necessary … Ya it doesn’t impact you much, some other casual SR players love to power level people and Marching Fire is awesome to clear the whole DP2’s room without even going in.

2 Likes

I disagree, I think BM is a fairly good class for SR and will become even better when rank 10 comes out. I think BM is a well designed class, it has so many skills precisely because IMC took SR’s position into consideration since those skills that can be used while riding to fulfill exactly what SR needs.

Sure BM can be improved for SR, like making some of its animations not lock you for what feels like an eternity, but IMC has been slowly making classes feel a lot less clunky with most skill updates, so maybe that will change in the future too.

1 Like

My original quote was
“… Please tell me exactly what “rotations” are there for a SR. You talk like you have a lot of skills to “rotate” but in fact you don’t. SR has 3 skills that actually does something, Marching Fire, Retreat Shot, and Limacon. Two of them don’t make any sense whatsoever in a boss fight and the other is a buff … meaning, you will mostly just cast all your buffs and auto attack till the thing die.”

Did this somehow indicate that Limacon “cannot be used with Retreat Shot”? I said it doesn’t make sense to use it in a boss fight. Marching Fire and Retreat Shot are the two skills. In later post I even said I doubt this retreat shot combo can out damage you straight UP AA with Limacon with all the party buff.

1. Silver bullet is a buff, I did say cast all your buff before you AA.
  2. I don’t think anyone would argue with me that Napalm Bullet is garbage and FMJ is just …
  3. Smash bullet is only available on BM2 dude, are we playing the same game?? Do you want to tell me that someone put up a SR1BM2 build just for jokes?

At the end of the day, as a SR3, you most likely use Tase as an active skill.

1 Like

Wrong, you can’t AA with Marching Fire.

Limacon attribute 100 and Running shot has the same damage modifiers going by what’s posted on this thread. Retreat shot just goes up a level and adds extra hits on top of Limacon.

And? You’re comparing a Rank 8 + Rank 4 skill and saying it’s better than Limacon with single damage, which, the modifiers are true. But, you need DGS for that.

You just said the class has no place in end-game. We all proved you wrong and that you needed investment. Uhh…

BM is completely fine, I already stated why. I do agree that the other skills on SR currently are useless. Wild shot you have to aim at a target and has underwhelming damage. Concentrated fire is pointless because of limacon, and it also leaves you vulnerable to attacks because you’re charging the skill and standing still while attacking. Caracole is fine, I use the skill a lot in PVP to get out of tough situations (getting rooted/slowed).

Welp, that’s what happens when you invest time and effort on your main character. Not only that. I used other characters to amplify my investments to said main.

That is true. 2 years ago I was very well known on the server for powerleveling half of Klaipeda on my warlock back when getting lvl 1-100 took pretty long(although questing is faster, but people got lazy doing quests after x amount of characters). I also powerlevelled players while investing on my SR through Nobreer and Narvas. Marching fire range in PVE had a huge impact in clearing mobs. But I mostly relied on Retreat shot for that with Base camp buff that makes it last for 32 seconds while I clear the entire map (I had haste and quicken, also). They are nerfing base camp duration for retreat and marching fire so it’s definitely a huge nerf in PVE.

I only ping when other people are pinging their +16, 21, 26 etc weapons. What’s the problem? Also, how am I a whale when I spent $0 on this game?

Starkisch, one of the leaders of Dynasty, is a better geared SR than me. Has a better pistol, better armor, and probably more attributed than me. It’s just that you never heard of the guy and he doesn’t exist to you. I only known about him since he and I ranked really high on the adventure journal leaderboards. He had multiple 100k+ mobs killed on certain maps just like me and Jaymaans. Since that leaderboard doesn’t exist anymore, he can be pretty hard to spot.

I picked SR2 BM2 as a meme for TBL when I had few resets lying around.

Marching Fire locks your AA.
Retreat Shot doesn’t.

The way I wrote that sentence was confusing. The meaning was “you can rotate these skills as you see fit while you AA with Limacon”

Yes I am aware you can Retreat Shot at the same time when you are AA to add more hits. We can move on from this really.

Limacon lv15 is technically a rank8 skill if you want to put it that way.

If you want to compare 1:1
Limacon 5, lv100 attribute = 90% * 1.6 = 144%
Running Shot 5 (rank 4) = 200%
You still lose in terms of modifier damage.

Now if you want to add in Retreat shot in there that’s a different story.

Also, I am merely quoting what you said.
“Now tell me how Running shot can out damage both Retreat and Limacon?”

This is twisting my words. I said the class is lacking/got outclassed in terms of single damage in the current end game meta. The modifier numbers are right there, you can play with lower modifiers and still clear end game content for sure. Versatility and mobility in pvp/low level content are SR’s strongest.

All I have wanted to say is SR is not OP in PVE and it doesn’t deserve another random nerf, which apparently they are getting a strong buff soon.

Welp, “fine”, ya it’s fine, just that many including me wish there’s a better and more compatible choice. I am sure you wish you can somehow use DGS while in Limacon.

We finally have one thing to agree on that most other skills in the SR tree other than the core 3 are worthless, at least in PVE.

Not the point of this. Ya you can invest time and effort on this, I simply said with the same investment you get more damages out somewhere else, as of right now. You don’t have to agree but I think you cannot prove me wrong either.

Another thing that we can agree on. You’'d wish that it stays.

Sureeeeeee ok we can move on. You have a big whale weapon and that most other people who play SR don’t. TOS isn’t about the same 3 people who comment on the forum, there are a ton of people who would agree that they don’t have enough damage/skills to use and would want to /have already reset into other archer class.

OK

1 Like

Limacon can hit 2 monsters at once, so it should be 144*2=288%. Skills are balanced considering AoE and target count in mind.

Also skills are balanced towards the complete class with later attributes in mind. Running Shot is a Circle 3 skill, C1 skills are most of time weaker so I won’t go into discussing skills without their attributes.

It won’t give accurate results trying to compare an incomplete C1 pick with against a complete C3 one.

so you just said that i’m right. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Running Shot 5 is a rank 4 skill but you need 3 circles to unlock it. Limacon 5 is 1 circle. I promised myself not to flamewar on this forum again or this thread would be 50 pages, dear little Smith.

Marching fire nerf

Yeaaaah, when the skill could hit the entire damn corridor in the 300 dungeon? About twice default screen distance?

That isn’t a nerf, that’s fixing crap.

Maybe instead they should change inquisitor breaking wheel range, cannoneer c3 boop, falcon pheasant, musketeer snipe, zealot FI, dragoon dethrone etc to have the same multi-screen range.

That’ll be balance, right?

(Also hilariously fun in TBL)

Now Mr.SR expert, let’s say for the sake of this argument we actually accept this “hitting two monsters = therefore it’s 288%” logic. You are well aware that Limacon’s spread attribute is unlocked on C3, which is Rank8.

Two archers, both rank 8. SR will get exactly lv15 Limacon, and the QS3BM2 will get lv5 running shot + lv5 DGS. There’s no variable for SR as you need Rank 8 to get Limacon 15.

Which brings back to this:
lv16 Limacon with lv100 attribute = 420%
Lv9 running shot + lv5 DGS = 470%

Simple math, the QS3 archer gets more damage against single target…Sadly BM1 does not offer much for a SR3 but you kinda have to take it. We don’t have to argue on how little BM1 as a r9 offers SR (even your buddy up there agreed, sort of), whereas a R9 QS3 gets all the BM “real” damage skills.

Now you can argue with me all day about how SR isn’t all about Limacon and you know how to mix retreat shot into your AA routine. I can just as easily tell you I mix Mozambique Drill into my AA routine and in terms of single target raw damage you will still lose. Skills like Mozambique Drill is designed to hit 1 single target really hard while skills like retreat shot has low modifier because it’s designed to hit the whole screen.

Maybe at Rank10 these will all change. But as of the moment you simply can’t convince anyone that a SR3 can out damage a QS3/BM2 variant with the exact same amount of investment. Thus the conclusion that “SR3 lacks single damage comparatively” stays.

For AOE damage, that’s another discussion.

1 Like

I beat someone with that build variant, already. And he had a +20 pistol. Also, I can just say that QS3/BM2 is lacking in AOE.

1 Like

sorry if it might be confusing or if im missing something here. but why do you keep comparing run shot + DGS with limacon?

thats not just bm, thats QS3>BM.
where as you are comparing it to just SR3

1 Like

-> cancerous meta that can do everything gets a small nerf
-> random player complains because it’s not OP anymore (or it can’t do everything anymore)
-> you get your typical meta lover whore that salts in the forums whenever something “broken” gets fixed
-> ???
-> profit

I wonder how will players react if HAIL and rubrik gets nerfed

:tired: :tired: :tired: :tired: :tired: :tired: :tired:

2 Likes

Hail already getting nerfed

Hail
Duration 10s
Hail spawned 1 every .2s from 1 every .1s
Hit success 100% from 65% (Stray Hail shards removed)
Damage 255% ~ 451% from 603% ~ 1067%
Hail shard AoE doubled to 18 from 9
Hail magic circle AoE increased to 40 from 30

May the whine commence.

I have popcorn and cheese for sale

3 Likes

I would like to take one, please.

Don’t know how many people realised yet, but critical shot now giving +50% critical dmg is a huge buff for SR.

6 Likes

I’m just guessing, but maybe it’s because it “works” and there isn’t anything that makes it a significant choice (if you get my meaning). Nothing outside your control prevents combining rs and dgs.

There’s also the fact that limacon costs 15 pts (across 3 ranks) vs rs + dgs only costing 10 (across 4 ranks).

It could also be him comparing the best form of z AA (rs + dgs) with the best form of c AA (limacon) in terms of builds and not classes per se.

Anyway, in light of the intended cd changes to marching fire and retreat shot, I’m more inclined to stay as an SR now than switching over to ra-fl variants (ra-fl still appealing because it’s just nice over all). 15sec cd on marching? I could ignore retreat with the bs walking requirement.

1 Like