Tree of Savior Forum

Xan's Leveling Guide

###Updated 10/25/2016

• Removed Dina Bee Grind as a grind option from the guide; thanks Obama Necromancers.

• Added Arcus Forest quests to the 280-330 leveling process.

• Added location and nearest statue tags to the Grind Zone section.

• Minor grammar corrections.

1 Like

hi xanthiris keep in mind that lvl penalties are now changed, i grinded alemeth at lvl 202 with my swordy and didnt get any exp penalty, you can now grind those maps up to 20 lvls before AND after
grinding alemeth at lvl 202 is highly recommended, i got from 202 to 205 in an hour
i think most people would find it easier to grind alemeth until lvl 236 and THEN go to evac

You’re right and this is somewhat elaborated on in my “Grind Zones; Explained” section, in case you didn’t read it, but regardless of the changes I believe starting Alemeth at around 205-210 is still preferred, and you still only need to stay for 5-10 levels.

Like, you’re not wrong, but I don’t think grinding there sooner or longer is necessarily or technically more efficient. Evac is still more than Alemeth, Storage more than Evac, Maven more than Storage, and ultimately questing is practically the best available exp/h. So… The old method is still the current method in my opinion.

yea i guess you’re right :slight_smile:

Question, is mandatory to have a Token while following this guide or can I compensate the exp loss from not having one by doing the skipped maps and more dungeon/mission runs? This question is more related to pre lvl 200 because I plan to skip the DP2/Bee farm grind and I feel the only (or mostly) loss in EXP would be from dungeons and missions.

This guide easily works with or without token, though some compensation may be necessary.

That being said, you really should invest in one as soon as you can. They’re super worth it.

Oh I know they are worth, I even have one to activate, the problem is that I’m playing with a friend who can’t afford one and if I use mine I’m kinda worried of overleveling her too much until she can buy her own.

Oh, and thanks for the response.

So since I got quite the following now (thanks by the way ;))…

My ORIGINAL post I ever made was a Fix-It list a long while back. It needs more views and feedback: Xan's "Fix-It" List

Help me slap some sense into these devs <3

1 Like

Thank you for the awesome guide Xanthiris.

I have a question: today I was grinding in Alemeth Forest and some annoying magic circle kept apearing on the map pulling and stunning me and my party members. Is there a way to make them disappear?

It’s a gimmick event, they disappear in time, unfortunately you just have to deal with them.

I used to cast Summon Familiar (LV10, Sorc skill) to let it absorb and it disappeared instantly. I guess it disappear when it absorb X number of creatures.

Sadly, I normally don’t have a lot of summoneable creatures with me so I guess I’ll just have to endure it.

Thank you guys for the replies.

Hi Xan, thanks for this leveling guide!
I have a question though. Is there any particular reason why we skip most of the side quests in general? Are they a waste of time? I notice that you mentioned “casually grind if you’re range”; isn’t side-questing essentially the same idea?

I played iCBT but have just started fresh on ToS INA, currently working on a side character who I’d like to rush if possible. xD

From card levels 1 through 5 the exp/h simply isn’t worth your time and there are more quests than needed. If you rush through the first 100 levels as quickly as possible, skipping what you can when you can, so you get to the better cards quicker.

I have another question. Is there a reason why you skip the lvl175 DG?

I am currently lvl 167, at Glade Hillroad and have cards that will bring me to lvl 182. I was wondering if doing the lvl175 DG is worth it or recommended.

Also, I assume whenever you say “by now you should be lvl…” you’ve used your cards to that level?

Thank you.

Lol just use em all and quest laukwyme swamp until rukly’s street/ downtown or keep questing. You’ll have more than enough to get you 190 to do the 190 dungeon

145 gives more exp in 170-186 range than 175 dungeon.

I’ve been away from the game for a few weeks now, telling myself I’d come back, and I fully intended to, but every time I log in I lose all motivation and interest almost immediately so… This guide is still quite accurate I believe but will no longer be updated. Best of luck to you all. :smiley:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Doing this right now :slight_smile: Just started playing :smile:
What server do you recommend that has more population :slight_smile:
Thanks for the guide really Appreciate it! :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like