Tree of Savior Forum

Xan's Leveling Guide

oh wow I did not know that the last time i grinded maven was with my current lancer and that was like 1-2 month ago, I am following your guide for my new hoplite because i wanted to check it out, as soon as i get to maven i will be sure to give it a 2nd try :slight_smile:
how about storage? is it still that same place i hate and will probably skip?

Actually I canā€™t do nothing on Maven atm. I have low damage because still didnā€™t invest high on my altā€™s attributes because upgrading SRā€™s weapon :<

On the same time, you canā€™t link monsters (Red Nuos) in Maven and on most of >290 maps. In Storage maybe I can solo after a certain level (or if I get more damage by attributes/weapon). I went to Maven on 250 (20% exp penalty if Iā€™m right) hoping for at least 15m/h, but it was so slow that I was getting 7-10m/h or so.

But in Timerys I can link monsters and help more and as well will have more skills for actually doing what Iā€™m building for.

With a good party, Maven might be the way to go. But to be able to abuse Linkerā€™s potential to the fullest, Storage makes it able to get 30m/h or more pretty easy for ā€œrushing as far as I canā€ purpose :x

Depends when the last time you did it was. Itā€™s still pretty bad in my opinion; my least favorite grind area.

However yes, it has also been enhanced a couple times, both in the most recent patch as well as in a patch a while back where spawn times were made more frequent.

I believe Storage is good for about 20-25m/h nowadays, compared to itā€™s 10-15m/h in the past. I recommend doing it long enough to get the exploration and kill cards and then leaving. I typically spend 1-3 hours in Storage nowadays. Basically long enough to say I did it. You should probably do it long enough to get the ā€œfreeā€ kill cards and then leave.

Your Maven experience is actually ususally highly reliant on the skill of the Peltasta, if you have one.

For example, on my main archer, I can get anywhere from 25m/h to 40m/h in Maven. This character has very good gear and attributes.

However on my Murmillo, I always get about 40m/h in Maven, almost completely regardless of the group, because I know how and where to taunt. This character has mediocre gear and no attributes.

thatā€™s great! my hoplite got peltasta good to know

Evac has a really bad characterEXP/classEXP ratio thoughā€¦ Iā€™m sure you reach R8 several characterlevels later if you do a lot of grinding in Evac.

###10/17/2016 UPDATE:

280-330 has been fine-tuned and completed. I rushed it though. Gotta do some touching up on lay-out and grammar and stuff later. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thank you Sir Xan, Iā€™m looking forward on your Leveling Guide 280-330 :smile: TY TY

1 Like

Do people still grind at Alemeth Forest? Iā€™ve noticed that barely anyone shouts for parties over at that location. Did the new update render the grind there obsolete?

Just wanted to say thank you for the amazing guide. Previously Iā€™d never passed rank 6 but after using this on a few characters Iā€™m leveling 100x faster than before. Hope this continues to be updated even past 280-330 once that all comes out.

1 Like

Youā€™re very welcome. Iā€™m glad itā€™s helped you in your leveling process. I fully intend to keep it as updated as possible. :smiley:

2 Likes

I currently still believe the guide is essentially accurate for the 1-280 process, even post-update. Iā€™ll take a look and make sure itā€™s as up-to-date and efficient as possible at a later date.

Alemeth is still good, technically slightly better than it was prior to the update.

1 Like

Edited the Guide section, updated the TL;DR section, and added a ā€œGrind Zones; Explainedā€ section I plan to write in the near future.

1 Like

###10/22/2016 UPDATE

Added the string of maps/quests off of Pelke Shrine Ruins (307~320)

The guide is officially too long. I had to continue to in a the 2nd post.

1 Like

Xan just use hide text details to make it more convenient like so:

[details=Summary][/details]

you can find it in options

Iā€™d still need to put it in 2 posts. Apparently thereā€™s a 380k character limit or something. Though I could do that to make it easier on the reader at this point lol

1 Like

thatā€™s what i did on my cataphract guide :

Just wanted to step in and say: Amazing guide. Simply amazing. Keep it up dude.

1 Like

Finished the Grind Zones; Explained section.

If anyone wants me to add any, like for earlier levels or anything, just say, but those are the 7 Iā€™ve deemed worthy/that I actually do