Tree of Savior Forum

Xan's Leveling Guide

281 is the reset exp curve right??

Yeah. Some people quit due to the exp penalty in 160

So far all I know is youā€™re going to most likely want to grind Maven straight to about 297 or so.

They changed the 160 Dungeon though, it has a lot of mobs in it now, a lot of them being Dark, flying and easy exp for an archer.

If anyone is reading and waiting for guide updates:

A) Please like this response and/or reply

B) Make sure you go explore the new zones but DO NOT USE THE CARDS YET

7 Likes

281 is the exp curve reset??

Yes the exp break is at 281

UPDATED: 10/14/2016

I have officially updated the guide for 280-330. It is not perfect. It is far from perfect. I have leveled 4 characters to 290-315 so far. I do not have a 330 yet.

I have been testing different methods of leveling and using cards and doing quests and grinding Maven, purposely messing up some of my characters, for science!

So far I do believe that grinding Maven Abbey to upwards of 300 is the best plan-of-attack for hitting 330, simply due to the health:exp ratio of the mobs in the new zones and the difficulty.

I will continue leveling my characters and questing and attempting to find new grind zones but for the time being I highly recommend sticking to Maven Abbey for the first 10-20 levels of this update. It is tried and tested and is a good alternative if nothing else.

1 Like

Can u post full explored map so that it helps in finding where we have to go.

Found in Tos Base

Thank you for your hard work Xan! :blush:

1 Like

Is it advisable to grind Alemeth until 240 now? Given now we have new exp penalty calculation. Not sure whatā€™s the efficiency in Evac but i heard it require more synergy among party members.

I mean itā€™s a little more viable now but I would not call it advisable. Itā€™s fairly easy to match the experience of Alemeth at Evac and possible (with an ideal or synergized group) to get like double the experience rate. Soā€¦ No. Iā€™d still follow the guide how it currently is more or less.

while at it, please consider upload the map info to http://toscamp.com/map/map4.1.php?lang=en

=)

Basically, pick the party thatā€™s available for youā€¦ I get alt with level 145 now and itā€™s basically matter of luck to find queues between 115,130, and 145. I get penalty on DG 115 but since you still get 45% EXP plus youā€™re on the EXP reset the EXP gain is really still noticableā€¦

If there is no party then just questing, either you use cards immediately or save cards just to reserve EXP if you still want dungeons or any grindā€¦ The only important dungeon to not miss is just DG 50 really, itā€™s so really good EXP now for fresh rank 4 with +20 level penalty instead +10ā€¦

For 280 leveling to 290, I did it mostly at Workshop, grinding Blue Elmaā€™s and Nukaā€™s. The reason I do so is because I feel Maven sometimes being overtaken by parties plus the mobs are not dense like together. Experience is not that all bad though, especially when you can just pop up those Jumbo Dumpling to give you an extra 25%. That along with red mobs should give you a good chunk of exp.

hi xan as a rank 8 player i think its faster to skip storage and maven with lvl 11 cards and grind timerys, you can get SO MUCH exp out of grinding timerys and i think its a lot better and faster than maven and storage
when you get to timerys, you lvl up 2 lvls an hour without exp tome until you hit 300+ and can grind there until 313 i entered rank 8 with 0 cards and i did tons of timerys grind that place is amazing just a suggestion you can get more exp than those lvl 11 cards can give you in just a 6-7 hours of that place for 1-2 days (or possibly 3)
your guide looks pretty solid though, good work.

1 Like

I did Alemeth from Lv.201 to Lv.241 making around 15-22m/h, you can get even better exp rates without worrying about low class experience.

@razm2888 Iā€™m not sure on Lv.11 cards but when youā€™re in a good setup seems that grinding gives more exp/hour than questing in some level range. As well the benefit of saving the cards.

what i personally did was grind alemeth from 210-230, grind evac to its fullest, then grind 2-3 lvls off of storage and then skip it wirth cards, then i grinded 3-4 lvls off of maven then skipped it with cards
then i carded to 290 with a few lvl cards and started grinding timerys
i already got to from 290 to 300 grinding timerys in very little time, planning to stay there until 313
it seems like there is a grinding spot to every point you are stuck on when reaching 200+, so i believe youā€™ll get 330 no matter what you do.
Even if you run out of cards by lvl 320 which i donā€™t think will happen to anyone, you can still grind that lvl 319 map. (not sure about its exp though probably bad)
but if you are someone who is patient and will grind storage and maven, by all means do so i wasnā€™t patient enough to do it :stuck_out_tongue:

What I meant is that when questing with my characters I always got around to 15-20m or something like this.

If your grinding gives you around 30m/h with a bad party setup without chrono and things, in the end you would end up with level a little higher than questing and no downtime compared to questing (as in, random hard to find monster, annoying boss for few classes, walk over 2-3 maps to do some quests etc.)

Iā€™m doing Storage atm and will keep it until 270 ish, once I get rank 8 Iā€™ll probably try to find a Timerys Temple and keep there until 320 or so.

Iā€™ve actually managed to do some Timerys grinding now and youā€™re sort of right. However, have you done Maven since the update? It has been improved greatly.

The most experience per hour Iā€™ve gotten in Maven was 42m/h without tome, but with dumpling. The average experience per hour (since patch) Iā€™ve gotten in Maven is about 35m/h.

The most experience per hour Iā€™ve gotten in Timerys was about 48-50m/h without tome, but with dumpling. The average experience per hour (granted Iā€™ve only had like 4 Timerys groups so far) was also about 35m/h.

The reason for this is that the experience-per-health of Maven is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Timerys. So if your group has good damage and a Chrono, yes, I simply agree, Timerys is better. However it does seem to me that Maven is equally reliable and easier experience.

Iā€™ll edit this or update my opinion as it changes but I actually really like Maven since the patch, it gives some really good really easy experience.