Tree of Savior Forum

Xan's Leveling Guide

Just helps determine the exp/h of an area or type of grinding or usage of cards. It’s not overly necessary for most to use, unless you’re curious of your experience income. I use it because as a writer of leveling guides I feel somewhat obligated to know what is and isn’t efficient leveling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Addons are @Excrulon’s jam, perhaps he can recommend some “starter” addons.

Nevermind, he too busy for us. :stuck_out_tongue:

I knows it’s kinda troublesome but could you add into details when should I pop cards and how many cards ?

1 Like

Never save cards, it’s right there in the Card Saving section :stuck_out_tongue:

I literally just use cards as I get them, you lose out on net EXP by saving them.

This is a great guide, but about the card saving.

I think it is a better suggestion to tell people to use them if they are more than 4 levels under the zone. Or not to use them if they are 4 over. If people are overleveled then they lose xp on mob kills. This is what i do.

Like right now on my swordsman i could card to the upper 160’s but then id be overleveled for my zone and i like to do the kill counts so id lose out on xp.

You do touch on this a little in the card saving section, but i dont agree with saying never save them.

Its your guide though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I figure if they care about specifics, they should read the Card Saving section – Not saving them at all is a fair, quick response.

As for how you save/use them, I typically do that as well, but I’m technically still not sure if it’s “faster”. The higher level you are, the quicker you can typically blow through a zone. So while you get kill experience, you may do the zone at half the speed of someone who’s out-leveled it.

In your case, since you enjoy doing the kill cards, you’re smart to hold off while 4-5 levels above.

2 weeks for my level 215 char. Was it slow? XD I never grind free field just quest+DG+mission, it’s what I did everyday

1 Like

Depends on what you mean by 2 weeks.

Real life time, that’s pretty great speed, depending what your real life entails and how much you play daily.

If you mean 2 weeks played time, as in 336 hours or so, then that’s pretty bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like you’re doing pretty well though.

Nah it’s real time, well I just play for hours depend on my free time on that day. Alright then.

1 Like

###9/14/2016 UPDATE:

Updated the Finding Quests / Addons section to the newer version(s) of Excrulon’s addon manager and reworded the suggested addons slightly.

Eyyy! 10k views, 59 likes, awesome! Thanks guys and glad I’ve been of some help to a seemingly good amount of you :smiley:

Any guide that involves grinding in dp2/dinah farm is a bad guide. Sorry to say so. But dinah farm is unfarmable through necro afk farmers these days. The experience was super bad already anyway. And dp2 falls short when you can quest instead.

Then waiting days for just dungeons because the guide makes you completely locked into doing that, as your experience income is way to low makes it super slow leveling that takes you weeks.

Guides are all about the 130-190 struggle, and this guide deals badly with it.

1 Like

Having done 5 200+ characters, this guide is close to what I did anyway for those levels. Dina bee farm is completely optional as is stated in the guide. Depending on how slowly you do the guide (due to Fedimian missions) grinding at all is optional. The little boost from doing DP grind if you choose to forego doing kill counts is all that is needed if you have a low team level

1 Like

@Gatygun then what is the better way to get out from that level zone? If questing/grind free field/ daily mission & ID were no good aka slow. If you said this guide deal with badly. Really.

1 Like

Depending on server, Dina isn’t that bad, though it’s never been great honestly, it’s mostly for lazy folk who don’t feel like questing or running around much. It’s a nice place to grind when you want to level with minimal effort. I also state it’s entirely optional.

I also state that DP2 grinding is entirely optional. Also depending on group and TL, it actually does come out to similar if not better experience to questing. While I myself used to say grinding pre-210, or even 230 nowadays, is stupid. Having TL50, DP2 is actually surprisingly decent. 4M/h is pretty great at 150-ish.

Waiting to do dungeons is also optional, which I state, but if you manage to end your day with the listed dungeons and start the next day with them, it’s no time wasted and great experience gained. The 130 is the only one I recommend 6 runs minimum of, which, honestly is not necessary at all, but it does help push you ahead.

Quit being a jerkhole.

Hi Xanthiris:

Very great guide, i will definitely follow this on my next character.
I wanna ask, you mentioned that you got your templar to lv229 in approximately 50 hours. Do you have token benefits? Or did you use any exp tome? And what was you team level when you are leveling your templar?

Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

I have always had a token active and did during that time, yes.

I do believe I used a couple tomes, 2-5 maybe, during Alemeth.

My team level was approximately only 10 at the time.

My most recent/best achievement in leveling speed was my Pelt/Rode/Shinobi, 1-280 in 70 hours.

Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad my guide has been/will be of use to you :smiley:

Uh oh… Thats what i was afraid of… I dont havd a token, and not alot of exp tomes…

How much do you think that will affect the leveling speed? Because i might have to get a token…

Thanks.

1 Like

TBH tomes don’t do a WHOLE LOT at Alemeth. It’ll save you maybe 2 to 3 hrs of grind if you grind from 210 to 228. Just keep saving your silvers to buy a token. You should have enough saved by the time you have to grind

1 Like

Oh wait, token can be purchased by silver? How much are they? I thought they are TP only

1 Like