Tree of Savior Forum

World bosses controlled by 20-30 players + suggestions how to fix it

Considering how much worse it could be (in Granado Espada it was literally so impossible for randoms to get world bosses that one clan ruled the entire server, killing anyone trying to steal bosses on-sight and taking it every time in every channel for every boss in the game), I don’t think it’s a problem. Those players are obviously working well together, and that should be rewarded. Why should one random lowbie be able to walk up and get full loot? Why should someone who does basically no damage get loot? It isn’t welfare, if these parties can work together to obtain something than they deserve it.

2 Likes

Sorry but you’re wrong. For the cube draft, the player must be top dps. This has nothing to do with teamplay. (Okay granted, the full dex C3 Linker + full str? Fletcher combo does marvel, great teampetplay).
Oh, yes ! The current system allow them to monopolize the cubes ! Yes THIS is teamplay. Because of their teamplay and the current system, they can enjoy the 5 only cube which will be dropped instead of having only 5 cubes on 15-20-25-5n dropped thus ~controlling the boss loots supply. Hats off.

I’m getting tired of the BS in this topic.
“Oh current system is wonderful, it rewards dedicated players.”
“Oh current system is bad, it advantages hlvl players, I want my cubes, I want to boss hunt as llvl.”
You guys are as incompetent in your comments as imc in their gamedesign. You either go full black of full white. Aren’t even able to see the myriad of colors in-between.

I still wait for a comment on my suggeston (maybe the basic maths that I put in it scare you ? are you guys even reading the previous comments ?) or even an equivalent suggestion… Oh there is this “one cube per day” idea… Actually, it could work… Though I don’t like it since it would add more limitations to Tree of Limitations. Kudos to the guy suggesting it though, you’re one of the clever bunch :wink:
And plz stop with that randomizing spawn nonsense (should it be spatial or temporal). It could be interesting, I don’t know, but it wouldn’t address the issue AT ALL. What makes you believe that you could find the boss before hlvl team ? Because you’re lvling there ? In this case, theses teams will come anyway (you know it’s a mmo, peoples talk between them) since you’ll usually need extra DPS to kill the beast. They will be here before you could even eat a quarter of the WBoss HP.

Damn, one more week of bearing this… One more week and I’ll be able to appreciate imc dubious decisions from the stage instead of feeling compelled to read all the nonsense written on theses forumz…
Thanks you @sonscl, now I don’t know how I’ll manage to sleep…

2 Likes

These casuals… Get some damage.

Perhaps make the field bosses instanced per party. Instead of a boss spawning on the map, an interactable object could spawn which is only available for x minutes. Once the party leader interacts, cut scene activates… You know the drill. Not necessarily the best fix to promote socialization, but just another possible option.

i agree but except number 6. just make it random between said respawn time.

Eh easy solution would be randomized spawn time from 4-6hours
and a certain % of damage by party eg:5% damage contribution that possibly could increase the chance of cube drops for that specific party, not high but like 15% chance?
hardcore farmers have existed since forever so either
Get lucky to join a kind party that is strong enough to compete
Be forced to grind to level cap(which sucks knowing you wong Ever get a cube yet)
or
bandwagon all dem dps classes

i feel sad for F2P, they will NEVER get a cube, the people controlling the world bosses have over 100m in gear and atributes, they will never lose a cube to some random F2P.

1 Like

organized guildies have always had an advantage with systems like these.

the best thing i’m doing is to just farm talt(yeah) on a bunch of alts and then trade with whatever i need. eventually i’ll get those high level items as well as maybe getting lucky from the dungeons themselves.

World boss system doesn’t need to be “fixed”, it should just be removed all together. The bosses should be used in new dungeons instead or just move the loot to normal mobs with a really low drop rate. Why?

The game is not and will never be optimized to handle a battle on the scale of “World”, if everyone in the server shows up, it can barely handle a simple 5v5, so its going to be bad FPS for everyone. Even games that are well optimized like Guild Wars 2 offer a horrible performance slideshow experience in world boss events.

The badly implemented loot system that encourages people to hoard world boss. If they are going to exist it should be an event for everyone (that’s not under level for the map), were you should actually want more people to come because it’s advantageous, not just for a few that control boss time information and highest DPS, who really don’t want more to come because of lag and less chance to always get the loot.

It’s just an overall bad idea that sounds good on paper but has never functioned well in practice. Just think about it if you want LESS people to participate because of lag and loot, but it is suppose to be a world scale event so by design MORE people are suppose to participate, that is just one huge contradiction that is never going to work.

1 Like

Cant people really see that allowing everyone/almost everyone to get the drops would mean that the price of any boss drop item would drop to around 100k? Boss drops arent hard to get from boxes(in my experience they have a high %, unlike arde dagger). So the items would be common as ■■■■, plummeting the prices.

Only ones that lose from lower prices are the few that are controlling it to make millions while everyone else is to poor to buy attributes. Good riddance to greedy scum.

By that logic everyone/almost everyone can farm for arde dagger so the price should be dropping to 100k? but I don’t see it going down from 1mil much. Oh you say its because the drop rate is low?? Then why not make the drop rate low for world boss yay 99% talt for everyone then there is not an excuse to not give boxes to everyone that helps kill it. Only the elite few will hate it cause they lose control of the riches but everyone else will be happy. Better business sense to keep the 99% happy instead of the 1%, if you lose the 99% your game is a dead ghost town and its over.

Come on IMC, we are waiting for a answer of yours! Change the cube thing …!=[

RO Did have set timers on spawns, and there were MvPs that always spawned in the same place like RA / Turtle General / Moonlight flower etc.

MvPs where just as badly camped in RO then they are here, if not worse because depending on the tier of the boss it would come down to Sura/Gene’s getting the kills.

https://ropd.info/?account=4055340

Really? Guys thats just like real life works, they put more effort and time on it so its fair enough that they can have some benefits from it. Im not a higher lvl player and im not here to defend those players , but its not fair to change anything that hurt their effort or invested time.
Its good the way it is, stop complain about to get a easier way, thats not the only way you can put your hands on this items, theyre not untradable that like you ''MUST KILL A BOSS" to have it. And also for the ones that were talking about rank and classes not being able to do good on boss, well thats the way it work my friend, is that new to you?
C’MON GUYS DONT ASK FOR A EASIR GAME,THE GAME IS ALREADY ■■■■■■■ EASY, EASY TO LEVEL UP,EASY TO GEAR YOURSELF, DONT TRY TO MAKE IT BORING.

1 Like

well there’s plenty of other game features than world boss hunting if you cant land those kills then grind or get higher gears till you get stronger lol. why would change the game for the reason those people invested their time leveling or grinding for better gears till they make world boss hunt easy for them. lame thread

1 Like

My experience with World Bosses, Cleric 2 Diev 2 at the time with a similar level world boss:

Oh look, tons of people are fighting some huge boss! Me and my girlfriend should join in! (In our own party)

I heal and keep most people alive, slow the boss with Laima as well as deal an okay amount of damage to the boss through the next 15 - 20 minutes with Cure and Owls. Girlfriend dies a few times because she’s pretty new to these games, but resurrects and comes back to fight them.

Boss dies, both go hooray! Till we realize that we got nothing at all for our contribution. Both decided to never touch world bosses ever again as they’re a big waste of time and effort.

5 Likes

This is a tricky one it has different angles of problems.

I would like to suggest the following two options:

1. All bosses spawns at exactly the same time. For example 0 AM, 2 AM, 4 AM, 6 AM, 8 AM etc.

There is no way to block all valuable bosses by few in numbers.

1. To add to the competitiveness and supply the poor at the same time:

Everyone can only get 1 cube per specific boss per day, BUT additionally two times per day (around primetime e.g. 16 and 20) a boss will spawn lucky and is announced before he spawns.

The cube from these bosses would not count against this one cube per boss per day limit, to ensure he isn’t defeated in 5 seconds due to prior announcement of course he has a lot more HP.

1 Like

@Staff_Julie
Hi Julie, it would be nice to know what IMC thinks about the world boss situation. Is IMC aware? Is it a concern?

Especially with respect to (1) support and tank builds not always having a place - especially regarding buffs and heals not being exclusive to party; and (2) loot monopoly situation.

Fact of the matter:

1. same 20-30 players are the only one who are getting loot from bosses

2. everyone else who have tried to kill a world boss are getting no loot and instead a nasty experience

3. if the top 20-30 players are able to support IMC with more sales than all other current and future players, then leave the situation alone. just make it clear that TOS is a multiplayer game for 20-30 players and not anyone else.

4. please consider releasing TOS as a single player game with the option of MMO platform, just like the old diablo 2. I am sure there are many others wondering why this isn’t possible since many players now hate the sight of other players, high level or not.

5. I second the suggestion to restrict boss cubes to one per day, increase the number of people who can receive loot and lower the damage requirement to loot.

4 Likes