Tree of Savior Forum

WORLD BOSS CUBES - Drop Allocation based on threat (poll included)

U could make a coin system ;D besides the box every WB drops for everyone some coins if u accumulate enought u could trade in them for any box …
Its maybe a pretty soft system for this hardcore game but this could be something :wink:
And well as long the item diversity is not there some bosses u will rarly see…
Even in Ro some stuff was just 24/7 camped if possible. Especially the ones u could manage with 1-2 people

Ill concede that maybe a weekly cap isn’t the way to go but what about a daily cap per boss. People would still be able to get a boss cube from every world boss once a day without camping a single boss and permanently denying low level or support players that don’t have super high dps friends.
Edit i would also like to point out i wanted a weekly cap only on bosses massively under a players level. Same for the daily cap if you are the right level for a world boss go farm at it and camp away.

Alternatively i would love a system of points where the loot drops can stay the same but if you participate in say 5 fights against the same boss you are guaranteed a cube maybe with lower chance at rares from it. So even if you cant top dps every so often people would still get loot for participating.

Or even better i would love if they could implement something like Guild wars 2 or FF14 world bosses but lets face it IMC isn’t exactly the best at fixing or implementing things so i was trying to think of a simple solution that they could add somewhat easily.

Well i think most people want a competition around bosses …
A Real Value in snatching them and monopolize the market with their rare drops …
If u want to make them for the mass the instanced route and safe them from stealing / outdpsing is the way to go.
But thats the point should everyone at any time could start his WB event and get his stuff or should it be a lot of work /effort.
I mean in exchange u get somehow a better feeling for finally getting ur rare wb stuff somehow as in a game where u are guarenteed to get it.

I agree with you… I prefer it when you can monopolise it and when this stuff is harder to get, BUT it’s easy to say that until you need something that some @sshole is hoarding and refuses to share, so I agree with these guys too :yum:

Well you get ‘world boss builds’ and ‘earth tower builds’ which can ruin the fun of the game for casual players.
Having to be stuck fixed on a predetermined set of builds to achieve something in the game takes a lot of fun out of it.
Of course most of us can ignore ‘earth tower builds’ when we have friends to play with.
But ‘world boss builds’ aren’t something that you can simply ignore because with the current system they’ll monopolize the world bosses considering you’re competing with a whole server.

But hey - imperfections is what makes reality.

This does not help for full Support Wizards at all, who buff and debuff for the groups. They have no damage that would even make it onto the “threat” meter to get a cube. Extremely flawed.

1 Like

Well i m a wiz 3 / ele 3 / Rc sooo ok im into these category who still can get a cube solo …
I m still think that a proper grp with healer / support / tank / 2 dds and synergies should be the best wb grp …
And i would be pretty sad if a 5 DD ego company can beat it . :stuck_out_tongue:
mfg
Majin

Edit: Btw i dont know if i like the idea but u could introduce a Ego button so if u have it aktive ur heals / debuffs / buffs / cc affect only the party and other can’t profit from these …
Dont think its the best idea but this will give support / heal / debuffs / buff classes a lot more value if they want it.

An issue not many people are talking about is the timers on the bosses. There is so much competition because all you have to do is track a timer, teleport to the map before it spawns, put as much dps into a bugged/standstill boss and return straight to grinding/farming/afk in under 5-10mins. If the timers were randomised even slightly you would not be getting the high level players who came for that quick cube just because they can. It would reduce the amount of people at the bosses since no one knows when it will spawn, and would be favoured towards those who are actively hunting bosses.

Other than that, like people said you could give everyone a cube and make the equipment untradeable or you could give tiers of rewards based on participation. I guess the other issue is that outside of ET gear, some of the WB drops are the strongest items you can get. If there were alternative ways to acquire similarly strong gear, maybe not everyone would be fighting against each other for the cubes.

2 Likes

I’m by no means a casual MMORPG player (actually quite the contrary), however i’m completely against the “casuals are crying, stop crying casuals, only best players should get rewards”-mentality. I think big monsters like world bosses should drop cubes for every player who participated in the battle, which means:
-all dps players
-all healers who healed any player during the fight
-all support classes who buffed or debuffed targets during the fight

I think the “only the best players should get rewards”-mentality is completely against what MMORPGs are about:
“The best players get the rewards” by no means encourages teamplay, it does not encourage playing with strangers, it does not encourage experimentation nor non-cookie cutter builds. Instead it encourages egoism, cold efficiency and rivalry.

Especially in a story setting like in TOS, should the heroes of in this world not be awarded for working together?

I think everyone who participates in any way during a world boss fight (dps, heal, support) should get 1 cube as reward.
There could be an additional cube for the best players, but that’s not that important, i think.

I think the most important part is that everyone should get a cube as long as they participated in the fight, regardless how “efficient” they were. As long as it’s fun, as long as everyone who wants can participate who cares that others also get cubes? Who knows, you might even make new friends during a world boss fight where teamplay, fun and equal rewards matter more than rivalry and efficiency.

6 Likes

well i would support flexible times if they reduce them a bit so maybe
1-2h instead of 4h …

If me, il leave that “feeling” when the RNGesus blesses my cube else I find it pointless to be farmed if it only prioritize the few who monopoly it and disregarded the other dps contributors.

Yeah, yeah. Cry as much as possible, but if such weaklings as you will have to decide on what kind of game ToS shall be - the ToS would be ruined in days. Because you can’t put enough effords to actually compete for something, all that you are good at is crying on forums. Good luck with drowning in your tears, dear :kissing_heart:

Sorry to tell, but this is why constant-party and guilds are made for. So yes, people that was bored putting a lot of efford into something deserve to get it more than some random running by healer/dps/whoever.

In some games buffs and debuffs are considered quite a threat to monsters.

Because usual “normal” people are not supposed to get best equip, you know? It is not WoW where you can be stupid, weak and with low-equip getting carried in raids. If you want to get best items in the game - be ready to play as best players do.

The difference is, it’s much easier in RO to grief MVP parties. Griefing is part of the MVP competition in RO, and therefore it is much more difficult for a handful of people to monopolize an MVP.

In other words, it is much more difficult for a small number of people to monopolize an MVP, because others can easily block their efforts via griefing methods. (Pneuma/safety wall on MVP, buffing MVP, ice walling, mob dropping, etc)

No wonder you get boss cubes everytime, you can kill them with just your retarded spellings.

And efforts? ayyy lmao. I hunt my items everyday killing the same mob to get that 0.01% drop. This boss loot system is clearly stupid and retarded just like you and how your party camps it.

Last i checked, best equips on the game are from Earth Tower and not able to be traded, sooo egotistic princess. Anybody that puts a party together and kills the boss, eventually will get “Best” gear on the game.

God i love to just be like BAM in your Face, you are WRONG to people like you!! Drops Pants walks away.

1 Like

ToS world boss, does nothing but sit there take it to the behind. Player LoL aoe lag, smash face on keyboard 6 DPS get loot according to you.

RO world MVPs, yeah buddy try that BS you do in ToS see if s.hit dies w.o a well structured party. One very deserving group gets loot. Even with the tricks and bugs people died many times before getting kill.

You really are comparing the candy World bosses with nothing but an increased HP pool to the RO MVP. You sir are a JOKE!!

The current system is fair. The game is a casual fest as it is already, I am against accommodating casuals in detriment of hardcore players, who actually put brains and effort into playing the game.

If they can consistently get top DPS on World Bosses, good for them. Somebody needs to step up and compete with them. Instead of just crying in forums and begging for more casualization.