Tree of Savior Forum

WORLD BOSS CUBES - Drop Allocation based on threat (poll included)

I agree with this. More item circulation is always a good thing too, not a bad one

Forgive me if someone has already said it, because I read about 70% through the comments before I posted.

Add in a Token system. Those who did NOT get a Cube, but still participated (Did something to the boss to an extent) get a Token. X amounts of Tokens buys you a Cube. The top Damage Dealers, still get their instant Cubes, while the people who tried, get a Token, but everyone get’s SOMETHING. My two cents, but in truth I honestly don’t care enough to complain as I played old school XI for 7 years. It’s more along the lines of making content rewarding for everyone.

3 Likes

I’ll just add that to this conversation.

Any content in an MMO that less then 0.1% of the player-base can partake in is by default bad design.

It’s wishful thinking to even pretend that more than a handful of peoples will ever even know that such World Bosses even exist, unless they go and google for them specifically.

Peoples will only know of their existence when trying to acquire items that are specifically dropped by such World Bosses.

What do you think the majority of the players are going to do once they realize only a very small percentage of the players can even realistically get their hands on those items.

I’ll tell you, they will move games and say screw this ■■■■. Because the way it is designed just bear ridiculousness.

GW2 is a good example of a fair system where everyone that participate in a World Bosses fight get rewarded.

TOS is the perfect example of anti-social gaming experience where everyone is competing against each others in what is suppose to be a MMO game.

MMO is suppose to be a game where you have fun playing with others peoples, not where some bunch of douche bag and non-lifer can monopolize economy and make the rest of the players base sit at their mercy.

In the long run what is happening here won’t even matter to most peoples, like me I couldn’t care less. But the peoples we lose because of such badly implemented system just hurt the game as a whole.

4 Likes

Tree of savior is an anti-social poop socking game though.
Excusing that devs said they want it to be highly social lol a whole bunch of weird as hell restrictions that impede on people getting together.

^ This is true and it does work. It is perfect, probably not. The fact remains that it lets players compete against others of the same classification. For those that say someone can just come spam threat increasing skills. The system matches roles with different numbers, temporary threats are not counted as far as i know. (Example omg Peltasta 1 threat spam, would not be counted).

I would be happy if they opted for a system like this that gave everyone a box for participating, and they would rework the drops rates to be lower. Like that the item will still be rare, but everyone would have a fair shot at it.

Come on people Like comments like this if you agree with them and push it to be prominent on the Dev eyes.

I when ahead and made a topic on the right place, if we want to officially ask, if you think is a good idea, drop by the thread and include your own suggestion related to the topic and lets make it get the momentum it needs to attract the Dev attention. If a thread already exist on suggestion, refer me to it.

Thanks for everyone’s input, please remember to cast a vote if any of the options apply to your thought’s on the system, if we voice our concerns enough maybe we can bring change !

Change only happens when enough people oppose the current system.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10053108

changed the OP and added a graphic of tallied current votes so far.

Absolutely retarded idea. This would mean useless swordsmen who think they’re “tanking” would get cubes or something. Terrible.

Not at all, if you read a little further into the comment i posted this.

“Threat from boss’s would just need to be generated by the amount of time you held agro as a tank. If you taunt the boss but only hold agro for a few moments you might only gain X amount of threat generated by that action meanwhile your dps is also accumulating to your score.”

Just taunting the boss is not enough, it would generate some small amount of threat which contributed to your total score.

Still wouldn’t solve the issue of groups timing the bosses and monopolizing them.

But it would, because anyone who takes the time to fight the boss can make it into the relavent threat threshold, there is no limit on the amount of people who could reach the minimum threshold allowing anyone who contrbutes fairly to the fight to gain a reward.

People could camp it all they want but monopoly is removed because if you are willing to show up and fight then you will be rewarded regardless of how many people are there.

Not sure if you’re trolling or actually stupid. Either way, please stop.

You clearly have no idea how swash-buckling works so you have not adequately solved this issue. There’s also provoke.

You are not understanding, just taunting a boss is not enough. It would only generate a small amount of threat in the case of the threat score weather or not you currently have “agro”.

I will make it clear for you.

Taunt gives 10 threat.

Heal gives 10 threat.

Debuff gives 10 threat.

Buff gives 10 threat.

Doesnt matter if a bunch of swordies sit there and spam taunt all fight long, so what, it is still contribution from holding the target off the squishier class’s. It is equal contribution and they would make it to the minimum threshold required to be rewarded.

How a threat system works is the threshold is constantly changing based on the amount of players interacting with the boss. If 500 people are all contributing then the minimum threshold for loot needs a higher amount of threat generated and chain taunting the boss is not enough you still need to do dps etc to raise your score.

nvm you’re proposing a whole new self-serving system for swordsmen that wouldn’t change anything. thread over.

Comprehension is hard eh.

just random respawn time, so people need to only wait for the boss they really want, and stupid camper cannot wait. I’m sure of it.

The solution many are discussing here makes no sense. If you cannot reach the bosses because they are camped too hard and they die un-announced to these parties you will not loot them under any system.

If Worldbosses are to be something for the general population you could reduce loot to 1 box per person per day so there is no use for them to kill him more often.

Economically things don’t really change. The economy doesn’t really care if 100 people get 1 cube or 1 person gets 100 cubes. It is talt either way! :joy:

world boss does not drop talt!