Tree of Savior Forum

World Boss Better Loot System

I would like to drop this on the suggestion section, in hopes the GM take a look at it and at least consider a system like this.

What im asking:

• World Bosses to drop a box for all players that at least do 5% or 10% dmg to the boss.

• To make sure that the items do not flood the market, lower all drops so that they keep the items rare even though there would be more boxes opened.

This will eliminated the harsh players camping, but still keep the boss competitive, you could tweak the dmg needed for loot to be higher as long as they are off the total boss HP and not the highest damage dealer numbers.

2 Likes

That would be totally unfair for builds that doesn’t do a lot of damage, like support oriented ones.

Full support players would be able to do 5%-10% dmg of the boss easy?
Did you noticed how i said it should be off the boss HP not the top Damage dealer?
What class would be unfair too?

Btw im asking so i can change it to fit everyone, not because i want to attack ur comment.

I have to ask, how many people do you see fighting world bosses at the same time, like, 10 people attacking at the same time, things like that.

Because I have NO idea.

But I do believe that, if there is a certain build that allows a player to deal up to 13% of the health’s boss, while only 5% is required, not only that player did his share of damage, but also took other people’s share as well.

As who would deal less damage, I was thinking of players who foccused buffs for parties, tanking, evasion, pvp, etc…

I think that making a damage requirement for getting loot would prompt players to build certain classes and stats just for this and discourage other people who might’ve wanted to try to hunt World Bosses, since their damage output is really low.

I’ve just played ONE game where that mechanic exists and only a handful players gets the rewards, and almost always the same ones.

Not sure what game that was, so i can say for sure. Lest take a number as real example 5.5 mil HP boss on average many of them do have this much:

Total damage you will need 275k. A full support cleric, which most of them will take PD can probably manage that in the 1-5min world bosses last.

Few times i have taken part on it there have been 50 people or more probably. it could be 1 or 2% so in paper 100 people or 50 people get loot or like WoW everyone gets loot for getting in 2-5 hits in.

You do know that how it works right now, it counts total dmg done and takes the 6 players with the highest % done and those in their party get loot. In a way my suggestion is an improvement that allows more loot for players.

The 5% would qualify at least 20 players plus their parties, meaning potentially 120 player would have loot.