Tree of Savior Forum

Wizz Revamp, some requests/Discussions pls DEAR IMC

Hi imc, im so happy that finally we will receive some changes at wizzard classes, and specially Kino, its my favorite rank in this game.
I always loved kino but i really dont feel much the “kino” thing playing as Kino.

These changes are great, but i would like to suggest some stuff

TOP REQUEST

Weight Attribute for wizzards

Seems that we will use a lot of items to cast our skills, so we need more weight

#Kino

More dmg for only for mutants its not enough…

1- Telekinesis

Worst skill by far, only useful at pvp 1x1 , u cant move while use this, too long delay and low dmg
This skill could be better, so much better, if u change something like this:

ex1:

ex2:

Levitate some rocks/or something and throw to the enemy, or levitate some group of mobs, or something similar to Shadow Condensation, levitating a group of mobs and throwing down

2- PP

Good skill but Any chance to make this skill more independent?? its just works with ice wall…
Maybe it could work better if we could have a skill area, like Hell breath

#Cryomancer

Im so glad that finally u are trying to add dmg to cryomancers,

1- New frost pillar
any chance to a new model of frost pillar? this combination with froust cloud+ frost pillar seems awful

2- Gust

Why did u remove gust? -1 dmg skill… no other replacement?

3- Snowrolling

Could cast time be reduced or not interuptable? Most of cryo do not have surespell or quickcast
Any chance to add some dmg??

#Rune Caster

Improve all rune dmgs pls!

#Sage

Any chance to reduce the CD? its impossible to build dps sage like this

1-Ultimate Dimension

More overheat pls? sage ate circle 3 as a dps class have just 3 dmg skill…

1 Like

Up!

20characterslimithere/

It does have an interaction with Fireball just not totally usable with the current Fireball which the patch should fix.

Like Gravity Pole? Not quite sure what you meant here.

#[quote=“gabrispy, post:1, topic:376597”]
Why did u remove gust? -1 dmg skill… no other replacement?
[/quote]

What about the new frost clo - cough pillar.

Cryos are going to have an easier time freezing enemies due to the freeze attribute + Frost Pillar. So they shouldn’t need it so much.

They’re already doing that.

Seems reasonable otherwise.

Psychic pressure is good on its own after these planned changes. Think you might have missed the bit about its skill factor being increased to x1.5 ((50% boost) this is separate to the 50% boost against mutant type) - which should mean it has a skill factor of 403 at level 15 with level 50/100 enhance attribute (+25%). Cards exist to boost damage against stunned enemies by 30% (10% per card), and psy pressure is eternal stun - meaning psy pressure, with the stun damage cards, is essentially a 524% skill after this change. That’s 524% every 0.5 seconds for 10 seconds, with a very high target count. Yes, the skill has very short range, but a skill with this much potential (nice continuous DPS with infinite stun lock) would be way too powerful if it had a larger range. You could already get around this by pairing Psychokino with Linker, though in content like challenge rooms where enemies bunch together pretty close anyway, it’s hardly needed. Not all skills have to have an incredible range. Just play smart and use it at the right moment, with optimal positioning. This planned DPS boost for the skill is pretty huge when you consider the +30% from stun cards stacks onto your final damage. I see no issues at all with Psychokino after these changes. The job was already OP as all hell in PVP, and now it’s viable DPS in PVE, alongside the CC it already offers to a group. The new skill - heavy gravity - even pads out its rotation a little. Psycho is looking pretty cool now from where I’m standing.

Another way of reworking Telekinesis would be to make it a small AoE DoT damage as if the skill was pressuring the entire body and surroundings in a bubble shape for the duration.

Also, about Psychic Pressure there’s something weird that happens to high ping people. It doesn’t work a permanent stun lock because when you have too high ping the interval for the next 1s Stun sometimes is enough to let the target run away >_<, they could increase it to 1.5s or something to avoid that ;-;

just extra info: if you add that now you can also summon fireball for a extra 5xx%(without attribute) damage per hit per fireball as well with a bigger area , that would increase the damage and AOE overall since as when the patch comes a player can easily summon 3-4 fireball and use PP for the remaining 5+sec for that nice HUGE AOE damage so in the end we would be talking about 3k%+ per 0,5 sec(PP+3-4 fireballs) until the fireballs vanish or PP is over since the new fireball staying in the field after it hit and without being moved by PP was without doubt with this synergy in mind; they really thought about how to buff Kino without making it OP but giving him a modest but still very powerful synergy with Pyro!. and once we look that pyro’s buffs seems to be pretty good as well, everything seems nice for pyroes+kinos synergy.

So at least for PVE damage with PYRO; kino seems to be very good once the patch hit live, and both combo have a very small CD, so is really good overall and a player can easily build around a character with this combo in MIND .
Now we just need to know if sage will also be able to duplicate fireballs to work with this COMBO to finish the build ; it will be fair easier to put 5+ fireballs with a sage for that extra nice combo against bosses, it may not be the strongest nor the easiest to play but i believe it would be fun.

edit: well if that pyro3 costume from before where he holds a flame on his hand is true, i suppose i will NEED to create one (haha), so i will choice this build!.
maybe a pyro2 kino 3 rune 1 sage2, for fireballs, i will lose 150±% from it; or a pyro3 kino2 runecaster sage2; or a pyro3 kino3 sage; the build will depend of what attributes circle3 will give to the class, since as of late imc seems to really be adding attribute for circle 2-3 as well.
edit2 : just re read the translation pastebin again: it seems that the fireball will need to be exploded by flare to still be in the field after the damage is done but at circle 2 it also gain a attribute that will allow to still be in the field after doing damage for a few more seconds , so IMC is really giving mixing signals for me to interpret if the combo will still be viable or not because the attribute screams PP combo for me since it would really allows to use fireball>damage>still be in the field for PP but let’s not enter in the situation if we really need to cast flare before as well so the entire situation becomes a little annoying to use as character, having to summon multiple fireballs>use flare> and then PP can make someone tired :(, will be better to wait the for the patch to hit the server so we can have better grasp and more information to see if the combo is still viable and working before jumping at it with huge expectations like i was already doing.

@nery_ma

I think the insinuation is that fireball will remain on the ground for its full duration, regardless of whether or not it’s consumed its hit limit - allowing for them to be used as triggers for flare at will. If this is correct, then the pressure + fireball combo should certainly be interesting. Nice catch :slight_smile:

These changes really do look like they’re gonna open up a ton of build options. Fingers crossed.

As it is now, I’m pretty sure that fireball interactions don’t stack if they are in the same spot. I tested it many times on dummies from highlander place.
If they are distant from each other, than it’s a bit different. They can or cannot hit, it really depends on positioning and the ticks timing. If the flames reach same spot at same time, they don’t stack, it seems.
Yet, one fireball is enough of a burst in damage, especially if we mention the stun cards.
The flames are ground too, but kinos can easily turn flying monsters into ground now.
About flare interaction, I just hope they won’t put a hit limit like it is with ice blast+wall. Since fireballs are much more difficult to stack than one big ice wall, we should be rewarded for summoning each of them with an extra flare damage. Currently, in my cryo-rc, one of my combos is putting up one small ice wall and freeze enemies, with ice rune on. That’s 2 hits of ice blast, with 250% of its skill factor. It is 500%, the equivallent of 5 ice blasts per usage. And yet, damage isn’t that big if you take into consideration the time to set up everything. I think same goes for pyro. To achieve 5 fire blast damages, you need at least 4 fireballs, and since the time to summon one fireball is so big, I see the set up time being ridiculous long. Obviously, it is possible to speed up everything with micro dimension, but remember that only 2 fireballs can be duplicated per usage (actually, I didn’t test if the second hit from attribute can duplicate things too) at the cost of a lot of sp. It seems op in paper, but it’s really hard to pull out. Yet, I have no problem with this, cause these two classes interactions are so funny.

We just need to know if flare can detonate allies fireballs too. If yes, than this is deadly in a party with many pyros…

in the past they stacked without any problem; today i do not know because they will explode before it stacked at a mob(in combat), so you need to test outside of combat (something that i did and it worked); the combo was basically summoning fireball on icewall/dirty pole to keep them in place without moving and applying PP: it always worked; but as right now you can not do this because once it reach the dummy-target it will explode before you use PP; so you can only test outside of combat; and i do not have a Kino anymore but i do still have a Pyro and with today fireball i can push them to the same location without any problem with daggers attack and stacks them on the same place and once i launch the 5 fireballs that are in the same place all of them also explodes without problem as well so i do not see where this they does not stack are coming from;

maybe you are talking also about the AOE limit attack of fireballs that would affect the that once you stacked enough of them they would simple hit each other and not anything more; but this is not a problem for the PP combo it never was it was a problem of the linker combo; since what triggers the combo is PP attack, not the fireball attack; and even if they Did; past fireball had lower aoe ratio than the current one and thus the limit was only 3 stacked in the same spot , now they have higher aoe atk so the problem was already solved too!.
the last situation that could arise a problem of stacking them is if you are trying to stack them on a target like i wrote so they will explode before you can and this is the problem with the COMBO with the current version and this is why they allowed for them to still be in the field after it, so we can use the combo!.(at least i believe so) ; so i do not see why it won’t work once they stay in the field!
the last situation is the PP level itself so is not because of the fireball itself but because of your PP; PP there is a limit of targets and if you try to target too many things, and this includes fireballs+icewall and so on, some of them will not be targets because it hit the limit of targets!.
you will also be able to select the place of the fireball with the new system just like how you use ground type spells; there is not gonna be a “a cast in front of you” anymore. this would allow to stack them perfectly without problems a lot better than in the past too!.

So i do not see why you are having problems stacking them outside of what i wrote here;; as long you had enough PP level you could summon your 3 fireball put around multiple icewall of it; and hit everything without any problem and it would explode+shards without problem as well; the problem you may have right now is simple because they would explode and vanish because they have contacted the enemy (dummy) in this case; so you can not keep it stacked and so on, but this will be solved once the patch hits, simple to be told the combo can not be used in combat right now because the current fireballs will always explode and vanish, of course you can try to do a controlled scenery with friends to test it out; but like i wrote before; i already have done it and stacked 5 of them without problems before throwing them at the target with dagger’s attack.

about the time to setup is indeed a problem like i wrote before where the player would only gain 5sec more or less to do damage; even if fireball have 10sec+attribute because it simple takes a while to cast them; but still PP hit’s 2 hit a sec; 4 fireball that is easy to get without sage but it could create a problem to become too boring of game play like i wrote before as well; only time will tell!

they already did, each fireball will only explode with flare damage one time!.
fireball will become target ground spell you will be able to stack them just fine with the new system you will even be able to stack them far from you!.

no it won’t work; at least not how you are thinking; the translation stated clearly that a fireball exploded by flare would not explode anymore; so is impossible to have multiple pyroes exploding each other fireball to create damage!

I meant the flames that come from fireball+PP, not the fireballs itself

i only did a controlled situation to see if the flames still worked and it did even with more fireballs ; so i do not know if 3-4 flames coming at the same time would make each other invalid like you said; but i still believe it won’t, there is no reason for that , can you make a video to show us? and you are sure that is not because of the PP hit limit that you are having this problem? or because the PP area are not hitting all of them? and of course in the past it also had a minor effect bug that showed less “explosion” effects than the reality; so to know it need really to test in combat too, something that is too difficult right now because it will explode.

U mean something like this? :3 Nice idea too ! thx for share

@valkren9
Interaction will fireball will not make this skill independent…

I mean hell breath of pyromancer, the hitbox the aoe/area xD

I just dont want another season of RC just to buff ice dmg…

@steeple1989

I can see ur point, but PP can hit a lot of enemies, but in most of times or maybe always u cant hit the amount of enemies in the descrpition… because the hitbox is too low
Wich card is that? and wich color? Im worried about this replacement, could affect another must have card.

About the new skill, if u pay attention on the gif, its a masinions staff +15 and its not doing so much dmg :frowning:

@nery_ma

To be honest i hope that not work, i hate pyro and i dont wanna go this way <_<

Talking about costumes, where is the Legendary Kino c3 costume? i saw some pictures in the past and jus it

@Terry46

Yeah terry, i invested a lot on ice blast, and the dmg is poor anyway… i hope they increase dmg of ice blast too :frowning:

We should give them feedback, its the time, because you guys all know how much time they delay it, and i dont wanna lose this oportunity

I mean something like to reduce the rework needed. they could just keep the same skill animation but make the bubble the skill has to do AoE DoT damage with higher damage on the first target but anything around the DoT line imo is a good idea on how to change Telekinesis while keeping it similar to what it’s now

Oh… great idea too, the problem is the way of we use this skill, the bounce thing maybe is not good
They could increase the area dmg of the bounce too

I don’t have a pyro-kino anymore.
I’ve tested it against siaulai mission bosses too. Even with 5 fireballs in the same spot, with lvl 15 PP, using the wall to prevent them being pushed away, the flames would do only 1 hit to the boss per tick.
If I got the fireballs to be a bit distant from each other, with some positioning, it could tick for 2 lines of damage, but it was really painful to get it right. Never got more than that.

This wasn’t stated.

Flare :
[ Circle 1]
- Flare now has an interaction with [Fireball], you can now detonate any nearby Fireballs when activating [Flare].
- Fireballs that are triggered in this manner will deal damage to nearby enemies, the damage it deals is based upon the [Flare] skill, and the fireballs will not disappear until the fireballs duration ends.

Fireball:
[Circle 1]
- Fireballs can now be summoned in ground targeted locations instead of only being spawned infront of the caster. Deployed fireballs now have a duration of 10 seconds, and will linger around for a short period of time after hitting an enemy. (However, after the initial attack it will not hit enemies again, and the fireball will also no longer be pushed by Psychic Pressure)
- A new attribute has been added to Circle 2 Pyromancer, [Fireball: Residual Heat], this attribute will increase the duration that fireballs are summoned for.

As stated in the translations, there are two different damages for fireball. One is the explosion from fireball itself. This one occurs only once, when some target hits it. After that, fireball will stay on ground until its duration time is over, but not doing damage to anything.
The second damage coming from the fireball is the flare trigger. It applies the FLARE damage around the fireball. This one doesn’t have an explosion limit, and could be triggered as many times you use flare.
This are my interprations, obviously I can be wrong. We won’t know until patch hits ktest.

1 Like

This will be even worse after ice rune nerf. It could be acceptable if they adjusted the cooldown to reach 100% uptime at lvl 5 tho

1 Like

i know; but at least for me i had understand that it would only trigger it one time for each; since it says that the fireball will not hit enemies again; for me it means: that we would have one normal hit +1 flare per fireball; only!
my reason for that was thinking about the CD; 8 sec from fireball means that we could summon 3 rounds of fireball (5 each) and use 3 overheat of flare with the same cd.
But now that you pointed it out; it seems that you interpretation seems to be correct and not mine, but we would still need to know if they will in fact work with other pyros fireballs as well; and i think it will .

now rune of ice will also work with all types of spells, if my interpretation is not wrong; so you can take the free reset that they will give and chance the attributes to frost cloud, ops frost pillar from cyro3.

The problem with this is that there is actually a limit of 5 summoned fireballs. Summoning a new fireball will make another one disappear. You can go up to 10 fireballs with micro dimension’s duplicate tho, but that takes a lot of effort. Also, duration limit of fireball is set to 10 seconds.

We can theorycraft all we want, but still be surprised when the actual patch hits ktest server haha.

No, its just ICE type skills