Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard Rank8 preview

So when are these ranks going to be implanted? anytime soon?

Those Aspersion, Sacrament, and Blessing being sold arenā€™t Skill Scrolls, theyā€™re from Spell Shop.

Maybe C2 Enchanter gets a Spell Shop for Swells?

These are my thoughts on rank 8

Sage: Frist I think it will be posible duplicate the same things Rogue capture can.
Rogue Capture

Second Duplicate seems works only on what is in the ground in front of you. The important thing is if the timer of the spell copied starts from zero as new spell. If that is the case you can cast a Pole of Agony, and when its to finish copy it to get another fresh Pole. It will optimize the CD of spells and do more sustained damage.

Warlock c2

The important thing here is know if Dark Theurge will get more levels, more spirits and more hits. And then with the spell to do the spirits better by probability. If DT dont improve then is not that good.
Another thing on WL2 is that i will make setups posible for Evocation buff.

Necro c3

The first thing is the new archer skells. By the translation it seems you have to controll then to attack? Thats bad. If they can autoattack and you can position them is ok.

Second is the Decay debuf. Is good if your archer skells are considered as Missile type, so you can debuf the mobs so your archers do more damage. The debuff seems it explode the Shoggoth (2min CD). If you can only explode the normal skells will be good. EDIT: But no, the description says Shoggoth and Dirty Pole.
The debuff for PvP is very good. It depends on how the Skellies will attack and if you can have the 10 of them out, but seems like linker 2 will be more important to Necro.

Necro the best friend of archers.

On the other new classes I have no comments, Maybe wiz3, ele3, featherfoot2 fliying? Depends on CD and time of fly.

So my point is Im Sorc/Necro type of guy. All Sorc3 will get Sage, and maybe they cant duplicate nothing from Sorc but they can play the support role and wait to new rank 9 Shadowpanzer and see how Sage improves.
Sorc2 Warlock have a hard time here, stick to WL to take WL3 in rank 9 or go to Sage and take new Rank 9 class or continue with WL later.
Necros going to Necro3, if Archer Skells can be duplicated is a posibility to have Sage in mind in rank 9.

1 Like

the debuff is probably also going to be good for magic missles wiz3 + linker + that debuff itā€™s going to do a lot of damage.

Iā€™m only worried about that sage is going to be a skill everybody wants you to have for groups. Because i can see this becoming extremely OP in certain ways.

I wonder if it also works with ice shards.

Correct me if im wrong, I dont think Magic Missiles is considered Missile type, I think is Magic type. The Decay debuff only works with Archer class, not even TempleShooter.

if thatā€™s the case wiz3 suddently become a lot less interesting. Imagine that debuff + linker + magical missles = gg.

Iā€™m also interesting if flesh cannon is going to have 15 ranks, i probably will go full necro to rank 3 just to test it out. Canā€™t wait for it to happen.

I rather have linker 1 + sorcerer than linker 2 for necromancer c3.
5 aoe ratio on every spell, Magic defense and some elemental attack (dark).
Templeshooter being 1 huge hitbox meat shield that still deal a good amount of aoe dmg.
Some kamikaze bats and maybe 1 point for 1 more summon, salamion.

Linker 2 make me hit 3 more targets (wow) andā€¦ share some buffs (most of them totally useless and they remove my pardoneer buffs). Meh.

Btw, Magic missles are Magic, not missleā€¦ but maybe weā€™re gonna need Quick cast for that flesh meteor, I wonder how long its gonna take to cast it.

Never get that logic about linker 2 being worthless.

It adds 3 more links over 5, thatā€™s a lot. You basically cover way more monsters. I always see linkers rank 1 in dungeons but they never make a dent into the groups of monsters that are pulled because its just to low amounts of links. Itā€™s probably fine if you solo, but even then i would want more then 5 links.

Buff share is useless?, wait until you see a wiz in your group next towards you. free 50% cast speed reduction without having to go wiz yourself. Solo is no issue as your linker stun is longer = easier cast of flash canon without much issueā€™s.

Then iā€™m kino+cryo which means wall + PP, throw 8 links on the wall = massive burst, throw 8 links on monsters and then wall + pp = way higher damage output as you will hit now 8 monsters instead of 5 before it bursts through other monsters.

LInker 1 just doesnā€™t cut it in my view. Maybe if you got wiz3, and do not dungeon a lot. Itā€™s probably not worth it, specially if you tend to pull small amounts of groups ( which i donā€™t ).

linker 1 hit limit is 50 , dissapear so fast , very useless i think

If my focus was to pull groups of mobs together iā€™d get cryomancer 3 tree.
3 more links in a group of 13 monsters is just (for example) meh, but having 13 aoe ratio on the flesh Cannon besides 8 is something, also yes share buffs is worthless, you gonna provide your friend wizard some Quick cast if you are w3 indeed, but also running shot and stuffā€¦ that will just eat buff slots.
Also templeshooter is strong, cant ignore that huge goblin with xbows, and it will be even stronger as they need to raise the level cap for rank 8 and we are getting more int.

Which mobs are lasting more than 50 hits? ā€˜-ā€™ Besides bosses, everything else will die.

The reason i want linker, is because it nails the monsters on 1 spot and holds them there for my flash canon to nuke it down while sharing damage over all the targets. 8x.

With ice tree from cryomancer, monsters float around the tree in a big area, impossible to hit them. Also if monsters are not frozen itā€™s easily possible that some just walk straight out to attack you. I have had this happen a lot with my cyromancer. totally not practical for flesh canon.

Not only that i use ignition rod, so yea the burn actually works extremely well on links, ice tree doesnā€™t add much.

Also the damage doesnā€™t get shared like linker does + way longer cooldown ( 3x longer )

Yeah in a group of 8 mobs you are right man, but in a group with more than 8, arround 15~20 mobs, sorcerer cat buff + temple Shooter hitting is far better. You raise the aoe ratio from Cannon, you still have 5 links and you can just sleep mobs for easy targeting.
Think about it:
linker 2 flesh Cannon - 1 mob to spread the damage to the other 7 linked and 7 more mobs without any dps loss (because of the aoe ratio), thats a total of 15 mobs per cast, and some summons dealing single target dmg

Linker 1 + sorcerer buff flesh Cannon- 1 mob to spread the damage to the other 4 linked and 12 more mobs without any dps loss, thats a total of 17 mobs, you have the same summons AND the templeshooter.

Both options you can sleep to cc for a better targetingā€¦

1 Like

is that for late game at 230+? is medium/large mobs with aoe defense ratio included too? been pondering about building link 2 or link + sorc 1, but cat gives only +5 aoe attack ratio? i heard there some mobs that had +5 aoe defense ratio at higher level.

I think both are viable, sorc necro for solo and linker2 necro more party support. The thing with linker1 is that link only get 50 hits before disconnects, but large hp mobs, and having 10 skellis hiting each one like 1k or 3k is not much damage and the link will broken fast. In a party a link 1 will broke before a Necro can cast Flesh Cannon.

But again, for solo Sorc1 is good.

Thats true. For parties linker 2 is better. (Just pointing out, linker 1 jp wont break b4 that, the only place I noticed my link broke fast was siauliai, when I linked mole and poata, other places mobs just die BEFORE the hit count limit.)

The default is 1/2/3 for S/M/L, some have more (or less). But on grinding spots nowadays itā€™s hard to find anything with more than 2 aoe defense, most of them are 1.

I call it easter egg

The issue is, i cant nail the monsters down with linker 1. thatā€™s the whole issue. the stun is to short but also the amounts of monsters are to low.

Sleep is a terrible cc solution, because it canā€™t cc flying monsters at all.

If i want to maximize damage i would go for elemental/warlock which i already have. my roles is more a support + dmg. Linker gives me the spots in the groups.

I originally wanted to go linker 3, but after the 8 class review iā€™m kinda interested in moving to necro 3, so linker 3 will have to go for linker 2.

Also donā€™t forget i have kino+cryo, which gives me loads of aoe dmg in dungeons.

If youre calling linker c1 useless you either are poorly built or rolled c2 and for some reason feel the need to justify it. Dunno why. Linker c1 is great for general purpose especially DPS/support hybrids. Linker2 is great for slightly more dedicated support.

Name one area of content besides earth tower that involves grouping enenies where 5 links with 50 hits has no use? Because no matter where I go mobs die before any links break. And that extra rank? Got lv10 templeshooter and cat buffs instead -0 regrets.

3 Likes