Tree of Savior Forum

Why players aren't coming back

It’s not luck. It’s knowing when to stop and when to continue.

You can make decent support-farmers. You need investment on those, though.

But for example, you can make Thaum C3 farmers that can give overall party buffs and farm on its own.

You can make Chrono SM2/Sage2/Enchanter2 that will have a decent DPS and also can support as Chrono.

You don’t need a lodge of 11 full-support-no-DPS-at-all builds D: - that’s your choice. In any game I know people will recommend you to have at least one good DPS/farming character where you’ll invest on for doing your stuff. ><

About Thaum nerfs. It won’t affect your farming, don’t worry. It will just make the buffs less broken. Swell Left Arm + Swell Brain gives more than enough damage.

It isn’t so easy. I agree. You can fail. But, if you’re failing 3-4 times in a row, please, just stop and try later - don’t push it further, you’ll just have a +7 0 pot weapon at this point, stop.

While I agree with making +8-9 the safe ranges. While we’re at it please change the higher-end of enhancing too because +16 start being default requirement instead of +11.

But you can make the server update the weapon state on the DB right after enhancing instead of on the next loading screen.

Simple enough, right? Avoid the problem. Rollbacks happens because things are saved later (like buffs), just save it right when the anvil is destroyed and the result sent to the client, clean fix.

100% agreement. That’s why we need a complete overhaul of enhancement system instead of just making it easier with a quickfix here, a quickfix there, a quickfix later on and balance new content based on all quickfixes applied.

In ToS too. As much many people might not see it that way. If you transcend your +8-9 with effort and get high attributes you’ll be able to clear end-game content.

Like, +11 is ideal but minimum requirement doesn’t mean you need optimal average. If you can clear it with less, then +11 isn’t the minimum required.

And if you can’t clear with +9, for example, +11 alone won’t do any magic.

1 Like

Old costumes can be bought only with medals until they get put back in the game, so i can see them being 30-40m worth.

Luck. I’ve failed 2 primus weapon without ever reaching +10, happens. My friend managed to get a +11 with 1 fail on first try.

Chance for a flawless +11 is 7% You can calculate the chance of consecutive tries by multiplying them by each other.
From +9 to +11 you have 25% chance to reach +11 without failing.
From +9 to +12 you have 12.5% chance to reach +12 without failing.
Each fail sets your chance to get back lower as you have to recover the loss.
Going from +8 to +11 without failing is 0,59* 0,51* 0,51=15% chance.
A lucky diamond anvil on a perfect rolled +11 can reach over +20 with good luck as it doesnt goes back when you fail, in fact there are legit players with +26 weapons that farmed money to get those diamond anvils and got lucky, no cheats. Still, 20 or so diamond anvils are expensive as hell, it’s not that worth to spend that much into a weapon.

Now back to the real problems.

I don’t get you tho, me with t5 +11 aspana and my untransed cleric friend can clear up to floor 4 with ease in 2 tbh. What if the problem is actually your skill or the strategies you employ?
Like, try walking up to a wall/corner so all monsters spawn in your face, so waves spawn faster, just that will improve clear times by whole minutes, it’s kinda like the bullet marker test.
Also there’s no point in doing challenge mode on high maps, the rewards and exp are basically the same on maps in the 330-340 range and they’ll have less health.

I guess IMC thinks the opposite, since they are actually making money from this.
And it’s not only the “gambling” part, they even release them on a limited amount of time each cycle to put this sense of urgency on players.

You are right about the prices being fuckd tho, i can get 2 haircuts IRL with the price of 1 premium hairstyle.

The person that created the fight admitted he fuckd up personally. I liked the fight, did it before it was nerfed and it was insane, needed like 20 wipes to do with randoms.

I think they said they wanted to implement hard modes with extra reward for et or something like that?

Rollback is fixed, there’s no server crashing. Maps are not servers.

PSO2 has 0 population, split lobbies and feels basically like a single player game. “Hardcore”. Fun game tho.

Your logical fallacy is being a psycho. Jump on the next wagon and **** off.

1 Like

20m is highly affordable if you farm for it. With just the daily resets from the level up box, I earned 40m in a few weeks just casually doing dungeons and I earned back the 20m I spent on the xmas costume.

You wanna work for your costume, not have it be worthless.

PSO2 has 0 population? Are you kidding?
I was playing it since release and I stopped playing it 2 years ago.
Sometimes I log in and I always see Ships full and channels full.
That game i’s so full that they made it so that you can not create characters anymore in the Ship 4 because was really too full.

If you’re talking about Ship 2 I can agree (even if the first channel “pro channels” are always full).

That game will never die because Sega know what to do: a lot of costumes with low prices, with few $ you can “buy” a lot of costumes/accessories.

And you will never play it without spend money because is really worth it.

1 Like

15 Likes

Don’t want to turn this into another flame against you that goes so off-topic that we talk about another game altogether, i’m not interested about which parallel universe you are coming from, but PSO2 has always been a single player wasteland.
Even ToS reddit has 2 times the subscriptions and current visitors (despite having sub 3000 players median in game).
People play 2 days after each update and leave the game again.
The game itself weights 40gb despite having playstation 2 graphics and textures.
The monsters and combat aren’t even handled by the server directly, they are just synced, so you can see a monster in a total different place from where your allies see it.
There’s no point in going premade at all.

There are gacha’s exactly like tos. lol.

Are you doing it on purpose to trigger me?

Are you talking about the live letter several months ago where he was being polite to the Jp community saying it was a large spike in difficulty to prior content and most people were not prepared for the jump, but he wanted to go a little crazy with mechanics (very similar to how ultimate coil is currently, no designer restrictions) but that was the point of the 3rd difficulty? Hardly admitting to ‘■■■■■■■ up’.

Seriously though, Titan EX is regarded as an amazing fight to the raiding community (probably top 3 primals of all time?), also it was finally something that required more than a couple brain cells outside of Twintania at the time (which only one group killed prior to being fixed like a month before 3.1 came out).

Mostly the only people who didn’t like Titan EX were the people who could barely do Titan HM =/

But anyways, don’t think I’m trying to sound like I’m flamming or trolling you haha.

Yeah I think they did, hopefully that’s something we get, step in the fight direction imo, maybe do it with some other content like dungeons too.

Yeah dungeons give pretty decent silver for how quick and easy they are, especially when ur doing them to level at the same time. And I don’t know about other servers but mostly the only costumes on Kleipeda that are over like 7.5M are the new costumes you can’t exchange with medals, so it makes sense they are more expensive because they are shiney and new and the demand is high.

Man this thread is fun

What are you talking about? Some reference that was uploaded and unused to the game files that ToS DB sites pull from isn’t removing everything just to add the very same thing back later :joy: You really seem like you’re reaching here, friend.

2 Likes

Are you doing it on purpose to don’t understand?
Their gatcha are more cheap than Tos, there are more items and the % is incredbly superior for costumes and accessories.
Meanwhile we have “useless” tools.

But yeah, you are more informed than us in every game without playing or spend a lot time or spend money. :tired:

2 Likes

I dont see the difference this would make for your chance at succeding enhance. some kind of placebo rule you made up :tired:

Anyways just as you got a ton of weapons to +11 easily, i’ve had all my 350 items never go above +9, and while it may not make the hugest difference in terms of actual performance, it really stings when you get a weapon that is literally inferior to what you couldve gotten on pure chance.

2 Likes

This is what happens when I insist on something when it keeps failing, lmao.

Stopping and trying later gives me +11. As long it works for me I’m good.

There seem to be some oddities with the RNG.
Best example are item drops: there are “periods” where you drop tons of stuff with the same drop% (e.g. for 10-20 minutes you get like 2-4 of the mat you are farming) while the next 30Min-2h you might get absolutely nothing.
This seems to apply to any sort of RNG in this game. Some players suggest you to buy a lv1-40 weapon and upgrade it simultaneously -> Test the RNG with the trash weapon and if it succeeds quickly reproduce it with the expensive one.

Thus the suggestion to wait when you realize there seems to be a failure spree.

However this is just a theory.

1 Like

I’m with you man, and I doubt we will ever be able to use the HG340. I came back to the game, was rather pleased with the QoL changes they had made, if I were to quit again; it’ll be nothing but the fact I cannot do 340.

I’m still on a pause from tos.
One thing that keeps me away is the fact that rookie, returning and guess to impress events are still renewed without changes for months.

IMC is basically saying “i want players to level up fast skipping main quests and nicely designed maps”.

Come on IMC! you are doing one step in the right direction and two in the wrong one

3 Likes

Excuse me, so their gacha is better only because you can buy more of it?
:ok_hand::joy::joy::joy:

PS: Obviously i’m more informed than YOU, i’ve actually played these games instead of blabbing stuff.

Woah, you are playing all games in the world!
You really are a true gamer and have a lot of time.

That’s why you don’t understand :tired:

Good for you.

Out of curiosity and unrelated to this thread (as if at least 50% of the comments here are on-topic).

How much are the newest gacha costumes over there?