Tree of Savior Forum

Why players aren't coming back

Never rage anvils. I learned this the hard way after my regard horn staff became +7 with 0 potential left (technically 3 left but it’s for gems).

If it fails 2x in a row , stop for the day.

3 Likes

ToS now fine but anvils still nightmare…

And bundle or cash shop prices stupdly high.

Stay plain like you maybe. Glad to see, you know that golden anvil is not EZ to get. And can’t be trade through team storage also. (trans item)

Seriously, +16 should be the max you could get. The fact that IMC let you anvil till +27 ++ is insane. What they could do is introduce new anvil system and cap it at +16 and rename old weapon that are enhanced before the patch (fade) like what they did with old HG items.

This current anvil system depends to much on luck. I know they want to sell diamond anvil and stuff but this is so unfair.

I just rolled a primus bow with close to perfect roll but then i end up getting +8 with 0po left and then I see other people with +20 primus with 7po. WTF like arghhhhhhhhh…

5 Likes

Honestly, I liked the uncapped enhancements back when anvil enhancements were like +6 damage and didn’t really matter an enormous amount in the grand scheme of things. Now enhancing is so much damage though, and for some reason they decided to make higher enhance = higher damage per enhance, so going from +0 to +5 gives you less damage than going from +10 to +11. It feels like it’s just a scheme to sell diamond anvils at this point.

7 Likes

In the past people made alts slaves for 140 and got most of their golden anvils there.
I had 60+ and now used all of them, now with the “revamp” it takes forever to get them.
I have almost all regard weapons and emenguards too, the range is from +5 to +26 on 15 alts that only do saalus.

I have a krivis 3 sadhu 3 taoist 2 with viena mace+7 0 pot and trans 0, the damage is more than enough for challenges and it even is ranked 2nd dps every raid xD

1 Like

Not gonna read 308 posts in this, which I assume goes back and forth between “this game is going to die because of -insert an actual valid point here-” and “the game is getting better because of -insert another also valid point here-” with some random rants and badmouthing going on the sides.

As a veteran in the game from the betas, coming back now was a surprise. The Diablo loot style isn’t for everyone but it’s a lot better than the game used to have as an excuse for gear progression. Don’t care for PvP so I won’t talk about it.

Classes are a lot better than they used to be as well. Some still feel bad tho.

As always my issues are with the god damned guy that makes the dungeon designs. If there’s even one. At this day and age, after a couple years, IMC still doesn’t know how to design a dungeon level. They still feel like copy-paste maps with elite spawns (Which they are). The progression bar thingy is a lot better and the way they work now as well. But still, they are literally just a place to mindlessly kill stuff with a bigger stuff to kill at the end.

No effort went into them, it feels. Where are the boss stages? We don’t even have the most lazy one. The “interact with this button when boss does this” sort of deal (I’m looking at you Aion Online, and pretty much any other MMORPG out there). Because even that lazy one would break the samey feel you have when running dungeons when compared to running Hunting Grounds.

I challenge you IMC. I honestly do. Design an end-game dungeon, in a brand new map, following the lore of a place or even the main game lore, with mechanics (Positioning, DPS checks, Heal checks, Tank busters, jump puzzles, mazes, you name it), a couple of brand new bosses and a meaningful loot table that doesn’t come from a god damned RNG cube or a recipe.

Make an specific set for said dungeon, that can have some RNG to it. I don’t dislike the Diablo style. Make it so the items need identification and the better the party does the higher chance to get a higher quality loot table they have. Also design the dungeon to be fun instead of being the exact same thing we’ve seen for 300+ levels now and I guarantee that people will at least enjoy it.

The game’s core is fun but 300+ levels of it for years now without actual changes to what people do to achieve those levels ruins the only thing you guys have going for you.

Looking at a beautiful game with marvelous BGM that is still too proud to admit when the formula has ran out of steam.

And that’d be a step in the right direction. As I’m sure many have pointed out here, there are a lot of other issues to fix, including the horrendous F2P business model with extremely expensive cash.

Remember that it is possible to make a game that people say it’s doomed to fail, succeed. Just check Warframe/FFXIV’s history for instance. Granted IMC isn’t SquareEnix, but Warframe’s studio almost went bankrupt because they loved their game.

Anyways. I don’t wish to really disagree or agree with anyone in here. I’m already over this forum. Loved some people here but I lost my hopes long ago. I just play with a few friends and that’s the sole reason why I can still come back and play this game.

10 Likes

It’d help to have some PvP content, it’s the issue with all but 2-3 MMOs right now they’re dieing because the endgame was removed or was never there to start. PvP is the end game of an MMO, PvE’rs can enjoy their PvE sure but they won’t do something for nothing, once they get the gear and cosmetics they want they run out of game to play even if there is still monsters to kill. No benefit to it so why bother even if you like PvE.

Territory Wars will come soon, it’ll flop, then hopefully after they will have the common sense to rework the games mechanics and fix the fact that this is a TOP DOWN TAB TARGET game, tab target is already a shitty and unpopular way to do combat but for 3D games it makes sense, being that this game is not 3D there is no reason it ever should have been tab target, it makes things take unnecessary steps which slow combat down and all so some scrubs don’t gotta aim an ice bolt or whatever.

Pve can’t hold players in game, ragnarok has more than 15 years, and some jerks still play the game, only because woe and pvp.

2 Likes

i just wanna play with stable fps when there are so may ppl in the same map/ch and bugless game, can’t i?

Fantasy Library sort of does this, but because the rewards have abysmal drop rates and it’s just another daily, anything too complicated just ends up backfiring in the long run (which is why no one runs this dungeon anymore).

IMC (and most other MMO devs tbh) always tries to stretch the “interest lifetime” of new content by restricting them as dailies so they can’t really do any overly complicated designs. Anything different just ends up like uphill or FL, no one bothers to do them anymore cause they take too much time or effort or whatever while retaining the outdated drop tables they have from when they were released.

3 Likes

i love my creation cute thread

3 Likes

I think this is the main reason they haven’t done anything about this dumb system. They know is so frustrating and punishin that the only way to upgrade relatively safe is through premium items and players would become crazy get them. First diamond anvils, then potential recovery anvils and so on.

2 Likes

Potential recovery anvils were part of items in the DB and they were removed at some point, shows that they have no intention on adding it.

Glad to know it. Still think they aren’t super excited to rework the upgrade system because it’s so easy to monetize. Maybe i’m wrong and they don’t know player base it’s struggling with this issue

Can’t really blame the upgrading system,thought .
It’s one of the few things in this game that exist to keep the players grinding mindlessly.
The question that rather should be asked now is “Is this system still up-to-date”.

Many people should agree if I say that the rebalancing update that was supposed to change the game was pretty much rushed and an attempt to save the game before it amassed too much negative publicity.
However, many systems/Classes/skills/items/etc. were never overworked to match the new content/game system, and now it became even worse, considering the new RNG stat-system was introduced, putting another RNG into the game to keep you doing repetitive things to fuel the same old systems (gems/cards/shards/anvils) .

Meanwhile, other content like e.g. fishing became pretty much meaningless activities to steal time&drain silver .
Uphill? I’ve never participated even once because it was meaningless from the beginning.
There are so many items that could make this content very interesting, but they will never be added as prizes(e.g. weight limit increase potions/stat point potions, limited to x per char), instead they feed you settlement support potions, keista potions and tons of fortune cookies+ attribute points through events so people keep buying char slots&leveling new characters .

Same with the quests, all they give are exp cards and some silver, however, at a certain level killing some monsters will simply give more silver than questing, so why should I do quests that don’t give me any stat points?

People are discontented by this chimera of old+new system that don’t go well together, and the developers are simply overthrown with what they have to do to make this game better, because new content isn’t the solution to everything as if it’s some kind of Panacea.
It’s a very complicated situation because they missed the oppurtunity to overhaul the basic systems,too .

Instead, it’s going for rng grind over rng grind to give them more time for everything.
Like e.g. the legendary boss cards announced that you need to find and then to upgrade by feeding it several lvl 10 cards and if you’re unlucky your new legendary card goes “boom”…
Or the new Bracelets, hf farming 1000 Mithril each. Reminds me of farming this Orc Hero Helm in RO [10000 Jellopies,10000 Orcish Vouchers and 100 Heroic Emblems]

Meanwhile, still no news of Solmiki&Lolopanther becoming weekly content so you have more time to actually play the game or an incentive to do this with new equipment at the horizon to overpower/outperform gear farmed in ET .

All in all to surviving till this point, players who feel ,,,,, or surely won’t come back any day soon

1 Like

The funniest part is even after nexon bought most of the shares they still let imc handle ITOS, the management didn’t even change at all around here.

And that is precisely why I have been asking for the removal of daily limits for ages. People used to complain that player would level up too fast.

Adjusting everything would solve this issue though. Random identifiable drops are already a way to make people go back to content.

Daily limits ruin the overall experience. Sure it’s a guaranteed whale bait. But what about the masses. The people that will bring others to play by recommending the game because it’s awesome. Those are usually the Free to Players.

And I’m talking from experience here. I invest money in games I enjoy without cash. If the game is fun and rewarding on it’s own, cash is just a plus to add even more fun. I stopped buying cash when they implemented the Goddess Cubes. I find the idea of gachas outdated and extremely ill intended.

In all reality, you can either try something new, fail and admit it was a bad decision and go back on said decision or you can keep headbutting that wall in hopes that it breaks as IMC has been doing for the past couple years.

At this point it really feels like pride is preventing them from actually making a major overhaul in the game’s systems. I’m 100% certain that even though we would have a few players complaining, if they put a halt on the random cash/fashion of savior updates and useless content to address the core gameplay and fun factor of the game. Most players wouldn’t even complain.

I understand game development can be rough but making it even worst for yourself by ignoring the feedback from player experience is bad all around.

In the end the game’s restrictions that were supposed to prevent bots from ruining the game still ruin player’s experiences. This is one of the first MMORPGs I’ve ever played in my life where I can only trade some stuff once with my friends.

I’m at the point where I honestly don’t care about bots. They are everywhere, they don’t ruin the game unless you let it get to you.

UI overhaul, mechanic overhaul, progression overhaul. Everything this game needs isn’t platonic. It’s a matter of priorities. Does the company wants to milk it’s players until the game dies or does the company loves the game to the point of investing said love into listening to what people love about their work and changing what people don’t.

To be frank, if you can’t handle bots, you shouldn’t play F2P games and even some paid ones. FFXIV has bots in areas where expansions are needed. Ignore them and you’ll be golden.

I’m sorry if my post feels a bit all over the place. I have very strong mixed feelings about this game. They got so much right and so much wrong at the same time.

As someone said above, the chimera of new/old systems do not go well. I would say, keep the core mechanics and classes. Think everything through. Redesign the UI to be more friendly to the user and less clunky. I believe IMC can still relaunch ToS and make it into a better game. Look at other games, study them, see what you can learn from them, both good and bad. We live in a day and age where we have SO MANY case studies out there that could have prevented this game from being the mess that it currently is.

It actually bothers me.

5 Likes

I’m sorry for picking on just a tiny part of your post but I must do it.

Different teams. Marketing/cash content team is usually fast/design only and few tweaking.

The people who make events, posts on facebook, draws, make 3d models are different people from who are actually coding the hard stuff that a game is. This is true for almost any game, even indie games will hardly have a single person taking care of every single piece and lot of times the designers simply can’t code at all.

Having someone draw cute costumes and put them on an engine doesn’t hinder the progress of the main programmers.

Stopping them from doing so actually hinders income and thus overall progress.

5 Likes

The issue I take with this is that even though they are indeed different teams, QA still needs to schedule time to test any new item to prevent them from breaking the game. QA is probably also responsible for testing any new mechanics.

While I agree with you I also think anything that gets implemented into the game will need to go through the programmer team.

That’s why I’m being very specific with my example there. Comparing the dev cycle to Warframe’s dev cycle. Warframe literally almost bankrupted the studio and through hardwork and sacrifices they triumphed.

But yeah, I might have been a bit too extreme there. They shouldn’t stop production on cash stuff. But the way they add said cash stuff also needs revising hence the reason why I think everything needs to be thought through before actually adding any more cash stuff.

[Edit]

I mean no more gacha. We need to stop with this trend that feels like you’re going to a clothing store and paying money but instead of getting the clothes you chose to buy, you get a random box that might not even have clothes in them. lol

1 Like