Tree of Savior Forum

Why Orsha should be tagged officially as the Latin America server

It’s less of a language issue and more of a bigotry issue. Look at your English as an example. You are fluent. I’m borderline fluent in Spanish, and I agree that (Brazilian) Portuguese is a VERY different language. However a lot, and I would argue most, players here speak English. Even if they don’t, it’s rarely a huge issue. It’s the blatant hatred between the 2 groups that is a real problem.

Also, no one is saying you couldn’t transfer to the English server if you wanted to. HOWEVER, if you start spamming in Portuguese in the English world chat (or vice versa), expect people to be mad at you, and rightfully so. One server would be dedicated to one region, and the other to the other. It would eliminate a lot of stupid arguments and hatred. That’s the major goal here.

The Latin American server would probably end up being a primarily English based server too ironically. The real issue is just the racism and xenophobia between the two groups. It has very little to do with language. That is more just an added bonus.

Once LevelUpGames releases their Brazilian version, I would argue that there might even be more non-Brazilian Latin Americans on the Latin American Steam Servers than Brazilians themselves. That would be hard to prove currently though, and is just a guess.

1 Like

I met a lot of good ones too. I’ve only encountered one weird guy who was bilingual, but cussed at me in foreign tougue only to find out later in Google Translate.

(I might start going slightly off topic but bear with me)
But I personally wouldn’t want it tagged as an LA or an SA server. Just because any NA players in this server, me being one of them, would have less chance of getting more NA players into the server as the tag would drive new NA players away not just the foreign language.

And yea I too find it difficult to dungeon with players you have no idea if they are fluent in English or not unless you raised the “I’m English” phrase. Xenophobia isn’t just the only issue though, it’s been a “history” thing since Ragnarok Online people wondering if they were NA or BR.

But due to server population on Klai (I’m mean really I think they have long queues still. Orsha has been freed of queue problems thankfully.) We can’t even transfer to Klai now.

My last point…Level Up Games. They will have a sever transfer right? (I don’t know myself) Exactly how many WOULD transfer over to that? Lets assume a ton of Orsha starts moving to LvlupGames. All that leaves are the EU, RUS, the Eastern Asians, (Which are a small amount, yeah I saw some KR chat once) and the NA on Orsha. It’s a high chance that English people would take over the chat, but how much of the population of Orsha would be left? Remember the server transfer grid? Klaipeda can’t transfer to Orsha either. So if they want to move there after players move to LvLUpGames, they have to make new characters altogether, and if they had Exclusive Access, I’d highly doubt they would ditch their characters.

Though I’m probably overthinking this. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Although I appreciate some of your words, I must remind there will be no transfer to the LUG server. They said it was too complicated, and that’s the biggest reason many brazilians will stay. Maybe you could support us on that.

Apart from that, I just ask everyone to be nice, at least before anyone is rude to you. I’m one guy that always speaks english when I know someone in the party doesn’t speak portuguese. I ask for that from my mates too. It’s simple and can make things happen better for all of us.

There will be no transfer, no. The current (Brazilian) players will not be forced to migrate at all, and will be allowed to continue playing on Steam servers. If that were the case, all of this would be a nonissue.

It’s easy to do that yea…if you’re an older gamer like me. But gamers that are young kids with no respect?..no. And of course there’s always going to be immature gamers that ruin the fun for everyone, and that their voice is heard over chat louder than the people that are more important…like people on Facebook or Youtube comments…:unamused:

Good to know.

lol, this, right? “but i saw the other guy doing it.” “then why didn’t you see the people shuting back that they aren’t tradeable?”

as for the whole brazilian vs american, idgaf about the whole topic.
coz omg, look, i’m a reasonable adult and i can just ignore other languages that i can’t read.
when some of y’all don’t even know that Romania isn’t a US state, i just give up.

but what happened to the LUG server in brazil?

i don’t care if you don’t like LUG. you keep complaining about lag and ping. they’re offering a solution. and your response comes back like “but we don’t like that solution, do it again the way we want it.”

Read. Educate yourself. pick a server, and quit whining.

I thought they did that during ICBT2, it was chaos between BRs with NAs, so they forced to create a Latin Server and problem solved.

BRs to decide to use Portuguese in Latin server or English in Normal servers.

I thought IMC will learn from it, but it is not happening. I think is because they are to protect the benefits of publisher LvL Up.

Level Up Games is still going to have a server. Brazilian players are not going to be banned from Steam though, and will be allowed to continue playing here.

Since they aren’t going to transfer accounts from Steam servers to Level Up Games servers, I’d imagine not many of them are going to leave. I know I wouldn’t. A poll showed only 1/3 actually plan on leaving in fact, and that number may grow smaller as that ~33% gets more established here.

Overall, this is a problem that is not likely to go away on its own. I think my proposed solution would help immensely, but I’m just glad to open a dialogue that has been completely free of hate and complaints so far.

Overall this is a problem that really isn’t a problem, other than the fact that too many US and BR act like a bunch of children fighting over who’s allowed to play in the sandbox at recess.

as a HUMAN it’s embarrassing to be classified as the same species as these ignorant rejects.

1 Like

Yes, the problem is in the immaturity of the denizen here. That doesn’t mean it’s not a problem though. It almost makes it MORE of a problem since people clearly aren’t going to change. It is pathetic, but it is reality. The best we can do is try and change minds, one person at a time, and eliminate flame wars as best we can.

i vote we appoint Klaipeda as the official BR server, and ship it to BR, so LUG can complete setting up faster.

We (Orsha) are already considered by most to be the unofficial Brazilian server. It just makes sense to keep it that way.

no transfer = no solution. Why would anyone ditch XXX hours, TP, Token and Silver to start fresh again just to have a better ping? I won’t and so all my friends who are playing with me. So if BRs won’t leave, Orsha is still gonna have the same old issues we’ve been seeing the past few weeks.

Its not a “we don’t like your solution” but more of “this isn’t a solution at all”. It solves the issue for new players, but not any of us who are playing before LUGs 2017 Tos server (just guessing a release date).

OP you are totally misunderstanding the tagging of server is for, it’s not for seperating community, it’s server location. How ignorant can you be.

The irony here is how you are the ignorant one… Oh well. I’ll respond to you if/when you decide to grow up.

You just did, and the ignorant just doesn’t admit he is wrong because he is… ignorant.

If you still insist you are actually correct, Well I can easily bookmark this thread and let’s see will IMC accept your silly suggestion down the road.

I’d take a transfer to a designated NA server. Orsha shiver

I would probably transfer as well. I definitely would if all the other NA players did. I have nothing against Brazilians, but I don’t want to be the only NA player on a server full of them. It would just make sense to transfer.

They really need to make a NA server for the love of god! I would transfer in a heartbeat. Heck I would start all over!

Also many of the BRs have claimed they will not quit orsha for a BR server or play through LUG even if they didnt have to deal with them support wise/market.