Tree of Savior Forum

Why Orsha should be tagged officially as the Latin America server

Let’s start off with a few things for fairness’ sake: Firstly, I’m from USA. Secondly, I’m not xenophobic; I have Brazilian and SEA friends on here. I think a lot of them are great people and I know most of them speak English. Thirdly, I already play on Orsha.

Somewhere along the way, Orsha got unofficially declared the Brazilian server. There is a huge issue here. It’s not Brazilians. It’s not Americans either. It’s bigotry. Both parties are guilty of it and it’s not fun for most of us, especially those who aren’t just spiteful xenophobes. I have no issues with whatever language you want to speak and where you come from, but this is not the general consensus.

I do, however, think it’s much easier if we all speak the same language from a gameplay standpoint, but that’s just not how the world works. That said, if we had a server just for Latino players, it would allow them to all communicate easily. All English speaking players could then also all speak English on another server. It would solve this issue entirely.

When the new servers open when the game goes F2P, allow anyone who wants to transfer to the new server, which along with Klaipeda, would be labeled as an English server. More servers could be opened later as well of various types to meet demand.

This would eliminate SO much hatred from both sides. Should we have to do this? No. Would it fix the problem entirely? No. Would it fix the problem mostly? Yes. Personally, I’d love to see a world chat that isn’t 70% bigotry, bots, or a language I don’t understand. I mostly end up ignoring world chat.

tl;dr: People are hateful jerks, so let’s just separate them and call it done.

7 Likes

if imc give free trancfer from orsha then its ok.

1 Like

That is what i outlined in my fourth paragraph.

1 Like

…get me the f*** off of this server.

http://imgur.com/TIH6JqX

(forum is effing with the photo because it’s “Too tall” and crushes it…)

2 Likes

If there’s this many NA people complaining about being on Orsha (which I have no problem with, do w/e) I wish they would post on world chat then. If they want to even out the language on that chat. I can only imagine how many NA on there want to be on an NA guild.

World chat is about 70% useless to me. I use it mostly to answer questions and PM people telling them that they cannot trade monster gems.

I really just want to end these stupid race wars though, and give everyone a more enjoyable experience. Segregation sadly seems to be the best way to achieve that.

1 Like

As soon as this is declared, i want a transfer over to the other main server. Not this new bs.

Well they already said that will not happen, so I’d give up on that dream. Klapedia is plenty full already anyways.

Calling Orsha a Brazilian server was something made by a foreign guy in this forum, when he quoted one of the brazilian fansite pages announcing they would play there. Brazilians used this to say they could talk in portuguese and “gringos” should get out, which is wrong.

I would like a Latin server as well, this is something most of us easily agree. Interesting enough, however, latin servers usually ends having English as the main language, which is curious: without people complaining, those who spam BR and things against “gringos” have nothing to do.
But unless they move Orsha (or create another server) to Brazil, no way people will move. There’s also the problem that a Brazilian server will exist but everything will be lost as there will be no transfers available.

I would appreciate if you supported us when we asked for a SA server instead of a LUG br-only server. Some support in evaluating transfers to the SA (or even the BR) server would also help a lot. Instead, I’ve seen people go to those topics to bash brazilians for asking it, which is a bit contradictory.

4 Likes

Why always “latinamerica”? They’re not the only ones in here y’know. It has to be more like a Brazilian server tbh

I said Orsha should be labeled as the Latin America server, not Brazilian server. I’m not sure if you misread or misunderstood. It should be for all peoples, but would probably be mostly for those in Central America and South America primarily.

It makes sense that Latino servers would end up speaking English instead of a mixture of Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. In the end it’s all about communication.

I think they should, as I said, label the Orsha as being the official Latin America server, and label Klapedia as the English server (not sure what else you’d really call it). Then they could allow People on Orsha to transfer to a new English server when the game launches free-to-play and anyone on the Klapedia to transfer to Orsha.

1 Like

I saw Emberley post that exact message as well. This was taken a few days ago. It’s a shame, but the hate is definitely going both ways. Segregation is definitely the best option at this point.

@maromo

I’m not quite sure I understand your issue here. You also don’t want to share a server with Brazilians or…? I guess I don’t get it.

Hard to post anywhere…when you dont have any Megaphones to do so, in a crowd of HueHues… -_-

Again, I support the idea for obvious reasons. I talked about this [quote=“Vanic, post:1, topic:198566”]
Somewhere along the way, Orsha got unofficially declared the Brazilian server.
[/quote]

I also agreed to you in calling the server now a latin server here

Finally, if with central america you mean Mexico, they wouldn’t play in the latin server because of ping issues. That’s why in reality it’s more of a SA server than a LA one.

I get ashamed when I see brazilians being rude, yes. I didn’t enter a guild yet because a find no one with strict rules. In the same way I don’t like randomly being called a monkey. But there are more BR’s than others spamming, so I usually don’t respond to the shouts.

Again, not having a SA server is a problem, but BR’s are the majority of them by far, and a BR server already helps a lot. But the lack of transfer is the biggest barrier.

This is their latest update:

I can record for 14 hours straight and I can guarantee you there will be more spew coming from BR players then English players, on population density alone.

And two lines of text. Nice…I have a wall of CAPS CAPS CAPS buddy, English people have been taught from an early age that typing in caps is rude and only stupid people still do it…

Split the servers so we can be done. They’ve already started invading other games; playing FPS games with 600 ping like it’s something fun to do…

@Vanic The better label would be “SA” : “South America”. Z8Games did the same thing…

…except the BRs on the NA server didn’t want to leave and get stuck playing with their own people, even though they called us hackers for having minimum ping on our NA (Toronto) server. Losers.

Central , North, and South America are so oddly defined. Central America is technically part of North America, though very few people would actually consider it so.

Mexicans would probably want to play on the North American server, I agree. The only two groups that really can’t seem to get along are Brazilians and Americans really, and its both their faults equally.

Can you post the company website (if you can find it)?

http://levelupgames.uol.com.br/levelup/

1 Like

I’ve been putting tickets in to be transferred for the last 10 days. Good luck.