Tree of Savior Forum

Why magic can't miss? (PVP Oriented Point of View)

Really? I think you have a bit to learn about what other classes actually do in PvP. Snipe is pretty much the only way Archers have found a way to be useful in the current system.

Wo now. Lets not use words like useful to describe archer in pvp. Snipe is not good, its a extremely fragile gimmick build.

Fixed: changed good to useful

I agree, but it’s about all they can hope for, sadly. Physical damage dealers are not in a good place right now. Also, I never used the word ‘good’.

I don’t even know how to edit my post to be in line with your edit. I guess I would say that they are useful, but not good. It’d be like a fork with a 2" handle. It works, but it’s not great.

Burst…
X2 backstab with karacaha set, if still alive, stone shot and multi shot.
Or quick draw into flare shot.

a way they could do it is by adding something like magic focus , magic accuarcy and resist. if magic misses it should still hit but at a reduced damage and reduced status chance if it causes one. there needs to be more reasons to pick INT and other reasons to pick SPR . if magic misses it considered resist . magic focus would be like a critical hit but not on same forumlar of a regular critical hit. maybe a magic critical could be using less sp and a slight less cooldown in the skill as opposed to doing more damage . the stats then to make them a little more useful for all
INT- Matk, Magic Focus, Magic Critical, Max SP (half of what spirit gives)
SPR- SP recovery Resist, Block Penetration , Magic Def(1 per 1-2 points 4 points seems a lot to invest for 1 point of Magic Def , Max SP

1 Like

And you have a bit to learn about what’s actually a burst !

@IceCold

“If still alive” which is always the case in high lvl, you’ll need to spam AA and other skills. Yes, backstab is a burst skill, I’m talking about a class that have only burst physical skills, and this is not the only reliable way to kill someone with a Rogue. You do understand, if a Mage has everything in CD, compared to a physical class he’s useless. If magic miss + enemies are dodging your spells, wow have fun.

Dude… tanks do jack shi* in this game, unless , ofc, by tank you mean the Full CON cryokino roaming around and killing everyone.
The only actual frontline in PvP in this game is the good old Cataphract, and all he does is run around real fast trying to hit a Impale. Yes, that’s what the best Swordie PvP build does, quite disappointing if you ask me, it does nothing to protect any1. Most of the times, he’ll prob die from Elementalists/Warlocks/Kinos/Cryos.
If you think Moving is a good way to avoid magic spells, then it’s also a good way to avoid physical spells, hell, most of them are AoEs/Skillsshots too, even better, they affect an area right around your character, way worse than any Wizard AoE(All ranged).

1 Like

Well, if your job is to drive in a nail, and all you’re given is a running chainsaw, chances are you gonna cut yourself while the nail is still sticking out of the wall.

sorry, I didn’t know mages can tank x2 backstab. I am eagerly waiting for battleground to be enabled.

I do not have enough experience in TOS PVP, to actually suggest whether you should be able to dodge/block magic attacks.
I am interested in learning about magic resist, soft cap, hard cap, how effective…

Well as it stands there just is no reason for Mage to get anything but con and some spr. Why would you wanna invest in int when it does liturally only 1 matk . Con gives like 5 benefits to choosing it and liturally most of the other stats do int is like the loner of the group for stats . Str gives attack , Weight and crit attack , Dex gives hit, evade and crit , con gives Hp , Hp recov , weight , block and crit res , spr gives block pen, sp , sp recov and mdef each 4 points . Then there int with just 1 matk . Now would you rather get like 3-5 stats from a stat or just 1 . Now let’s talk about distribution . Because int is useless and magic can deal enough damage to not even need it . They can get away with just con and maybe some spirit . Then take swordie who has to take Dex to hit and crit maybe dodge , str to damage and weight and con to try and live . Archer again similar and cleric too of course magic cleric don’t need int cuz int is a waste of a investment . But wizard don’t deal physical and int being bad investment and not needing spirit exsept for sp and recovery means con is the only real investment . This is where the problem lies int needs to be change to have more perks more benefits to picking it up over con similar to str . I played all 4 classes And Mage was easiest to overkill with with liturally no investment in int . It says it all . It’s not the damage its the investment . You have buff wizards doing high damage yet Hp of a truck .if they were getting such damage from investing in int it would be fine .

@iago_l

So this is just about bad players, exactly my point here.

I’ll never say that kind of lies. Melee attacks in many (good) games don’t allow you to move. If a Swordman rush on you, Cleric has to Safety Zone you and destroy Swordman’s ugly face, or support Mage could just CC him. And again, this is all about players. If people are not doing what they should do, they are losing. Sometimes the most OP thing is teamplay.

@IceCold

Full CON mages, saddly :/. Because their base damages allow them to be tanky burst classes o_o".

This thread is stupid and so is the OP.
You’re talking about the creators of Ragnarok here.

In ragnarok, mages all spammed int and magic couldn’t miss (even if it could mages had high dex anyway), archers all spammed dex, both getting some vit to reduce stun duration. And all was fine.

Basically no other classes (with a couple exceptions) could spam one stat to win, and all was fine.

The game does have some (a lot) glaring balance issues, and should be dealt with accordingly, though. The very wizards you’re complaining about have some attack skills that are more useless than auto attacks until they change away from “wizard”.

As for SPR, that’s another retarded balance issue. SPR should just be removed from the game with the way it is now.

It’s not about players, it’s about Magic damage having a clear advantage, something that you’ve not made a single point against.
All you said is that Magic can be avoided if you’re not there in the first place. And that stands up for nothing, becuase it’s not only obvious, but also goes the same way for any move.
The difference is tho, that most of the times you don’t even expect being hit by those magic skills(unlike physical), if you’re anywhere near a Wizard, you’re already inside it’s Death Ray range, where alot of stuff is going to hit you, and you can’t do anything about it… BECAUSE IT’S MAGIC DAMAGE.
If you care to watch some PvP videos like I did, you’ll realise how it’s working currently:
The Team with a Cryo/Kino or Ele/Warlock wins. Or the team that has a Healer against one that doesn’t.
Point is, PvP is incredibly unbalanced as of right now, and there’s a clear advantage to magic users(Refer to kTOS top 50/100 team battle league).
When you look at a top 50 and find 90% of those players to be Cleric/Wizards, there IS something wrong.

1 Like

Nothing wrong there, magic is strong, which is stronger? A lightning of thousand vots or a sword? A meteor or a spear?
I just have feeling tos is not a game optimized for PvP, and it doesnt need balance either.
What break the game is when players ask for balance in PvP in the begining, while there is no balance, at all.

1 Like

^This pvp isn’t the main focus of the game. I seen some many people on the forums ask for things that no other game has lol.

This is a game, facts like that don’t matter, because it’s not based in reality, it’s based in a fantasy world, with magic and special abilities and whatnot, a sword attack might as well be as strong as a lighting.
And also, if they’re both going to kill you, what’s the difference anyways? btw, every game that has updates needs constant balance, that’s just a fact.
There’s also an obious interest in PvP content by the developers, with Team Battle League that gets you statues of glory for a week(and some exp), Guild wars, and Guild Battles -> https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=355&c=31

Are you saying lightning is not real?
OMG, is Earth still alive?

Funny how ppl resort to trolling when they’ve got nothing.
It’s as good as saying “You’re right” to me at this point, ppl are too proud in the internet for that I guess.

maybe they could add a magical-block stat onto spirit, while wearing a shield.