Tree of Savior Forum

Why is ppl quitting ToS?

well, I did it because last time I came back, I spent 4 months on the silver grind until I reached my 350kks, which were frustratedly spent trying a +16 item that eventually +9

which is why I preferred to spend my time on another game and today I am challenger on tft
no p2w , no grind and i have life now

4 Likes

That hits me hard everytime I think/get reminded of it…
You won’t find a game like this anywhere else, it has everything to be successful, but it’s not being treated and led to what it deserves to be.

6 Likes

I really agree on this one. This in particular is something that has always bothered me.

Swordies and archers used to be so shunted by weapon requirements that usually made no sense, keeping builds tied to classes that were usually poorly balanced or forgotten about.

It’s only marginally balanced out with Re:Build imo, but now wiz and cleric have similar issues.
The problem with classes and restrictions now tho is that they lack even more impact than they did, because while they’re treated as a whole class… they’re ALSO treated as 1/3rd of a single bigger class, with usually only 2-3 other classes that synergize and offer the other 2/3rds.

I mean the game’s name is literally Tree of (the) Savior… they could have done to put more emphasis on classes, adding different skills per class with different restrictions, that offer more unique class combinations.

2 Likes

For newcomers: The levelling system is too confusing and boring.
For regulars: There is nothing more to do.

I voiced out my concerns about the game here and the issues faced by newcomers. I managed to get some friends playing but I can imagine if they had no guidance they would have gotten bored and quit (which would probably be better for them).

All the low level areas are useless, the game completely skips over the fun of the levelling system. Even now whenever I create a new character, the levelling part is a chore. I can get through it and reach 300+ within a day doing quests. But there’s entirely no fun in that. Maps are too big and confusing, spawns are so sparse that you can even have a lack of mobs for quests much less for grinding. Mobs have no character and no cohesive theme. The most ridiculous thing I have found from day 1 is that it’s actually difficult to play and level as a party. As long as you’re not on the same quest somebody has to literally wait around. And quest objects picked up by party members don’t count if you’re too far, even on the same map. And warps sometimes don’t affect all party members, everyone is fighting their own boss instance. In addition to the countless bugs to the quests, non-linear maps, and obsolete low-level maps, I’ve had so many people ask me they had no idea where they were supposed to go or do at low levels.

The problems with the endgame, most people have mentioned their concerns. Dungeons and Raids have always felt like a chore to me because the runs simply weren’t that fun. A big reason is because most of the mobs and bosses in ToS are stupid. Most mobs are so slow they will never hit you, and their hits don’t mean anything anyway. Most bosses are HP sponges. Skiaclipse was the most fun I had with a boss in a while but then nobody bothers with the gimmicks like the side rooms anyway.

Everybody is aiming for the same armor in the end, and hope to get the most stats from them. There’s no unique weapon or armor that can be hunted from mobs that could work in a niche build or something. The diversity is slightly better for weapons, but I dislike the forced synergy that most of the effects have.

Class balance is quite messy and as before, imo forced synergy between skills is just a bandaid in making certain class combinations more viable. There isn’t enough diversity within classes for what they can do imo, they usually have a good skill and a bunch of crap skills so there’s no alternate build for it. Many skills and buffs are just clunky to use. Some classes have no identity or can’t even perform their supposed role well. And for most of the content those roles aren’t required anyway, 1 healer+4 dps is optimal for most pve content. Good thing is that scouts seem to be the most diverse but there are a ton of old classes which sorely need updating (esp from Cleric and Archer trees: Paladin, Hunter, Krivis, QS, Sadhu, Monk)

So after you’ve created a few chars and levelled them, all the game consists of is doing daily dungeons and CM. Pop a raid or two. There’s no grinding (except everyone farming HG), no exploration, no worthwhile sidequests. Even farming for a few hair accessories was kind of interesting but none of the newer mobs have unique drops anymore. Everything can be done solo, and in the case of levelling and CM, even better done solo. And when there is no change for months, your token runs out (if you had) and you just take it as a sign to stop for awhile. And pop your head in once in a while when something new is introduced and get put off by all the chores you have to do to get back up to date.

7 Likes

i disagree with lot of things, it goes in every direction and it seems there’s two way of thinking things here:

• make the game easier
  • make the game harder

while it’s much more complex when you think about pregression and old/new players, i prefer the “game has to be harder”. I don’t have any issues with rng, and i don’t think it affects so much everybody, since all the guys i know play the game have good gears…and even new guildmates, in like 3 monthes, they can compete…it means the issue is not there. the issue is timed wall things (weekly/dailies). And i agree there’s too much things to farm for a new player. But it’s ok, legend card for exemple is min/maxing, it’s not so needed. I’m in top pvp with nema set…

to me the game has to be harder. I see there, some of you are calling for content to be completed by everybody…i disagree with this, we need impossible challenges…that can be a…challenge to make. But for bigger parties than 5 guys. Make the game be an mmo. we need real raid content that affect more than 5 man party. We need the world to be a threat for new and old players. The best way is maybe nerfing all the damages by a lot in both pve and pvp. The wipe of a team had always been fun on vocal. But of course when it’s well designed, not like a free one shot mecanic inside an easy run. Cmon look at boruta patterns…

also fk off instanced content

1 Like

Those two intersect, the issue with the game combat is that difficulty is delivered through stat checks, when they decide to add mechanics we get gimmicks that are time consuming and/or can be cheesed out. Personally, i think that any player that doesn’t has good equipment but know how monsters attack and how to exploit their weaknesses should be able to do well in game, however if it has the best gear available it shouldn’t be able to ignore those factors altogether. It’s a shame that such thing isn’t possible with the current monster IA.

An aspect i miss from the “other game” is how monsters had small quirks could change the fight completely, all based on how they react to your actions. This can be done in ToS with ease , using the first game map as example, Hanamings could be the passive coward monster, they run away when attacked instead of fighting back, however if they’re near a “super hanaming” they’ll fight as a pack. Infrorocktors seems the kind of monster that has pride in their fighting skills, instead of fighting as a group they watch their kin fight solo, only attacking as a group when damaged, provoked or if players group against a single Infrorocktor. Leaf Bugs might be the sort of monster that works as a group, always joining the battle if one of them is harmed.

Those are just some few ideas that can make players take new approaches to combat, considering their builds strengths and weaknesses (of course it has to be explored further). I believe any new player would be at least intrigued when fighting monsters like that right at the start, there’s a chance it won’t be perceived easily at first but they can add a quest explaining it (by having NPC attacking as well) and have it set for the whole game.

I was going to reply here but i don’t want to go much off topic, if you want to get it further check this out.

3 Likes

I found it very accurate :tired:.

5 Likes

I don’t have a char at 420. May I ask what is the End Game?
I never heard anyone mention the fun part of the End Game.

Meanwhile, most new player enjoy the theory-crafting, I suppose.
It was a little disappointed when Stats customization has been removed, as I want to be unique.

Last thing, a good game does not need frequent content update. If you enjoy Monopoly (board game) or [insert any other board game], it is not because it has frequent update, but the game itself is fun to play repeatably. Same for a roller coaster, not because it keeps changing, but if it is thrill, you want to play it again and again.

6 Likes

Boring repetitive pve content, horrible and laggy pvp, bad rng dependent refine system, rng upgrading seals/legend cards, getting decent gear is annoying and takes half a year without help from a guild or friend, and weak classes cannot work at all without being inefficient with building and a lot of these classes never get good enough buff yet the strong classes keep getting stronger.

Pve:
CM: gets boring after while, like all content on this game unless you are sadistic.
Raids: Boring and costly to do over and over again unless you switch chars. Take away the raid stones requirement on first use then go up from1-2-3-4-5-6-7 etc? might be too cheap though.
Demonlords: Never give me nothing good. Personal hate lul.
Irredian shelter: Boring. gives shards too often.
Pve notes:Yet there’s nothing i’d change about pve other then add in some solo/pt dungeons that spawn on maps similar to cm. Like gates instead random gen dungeons you can farm.
PVP:
Gemfeud: ruled by wizards and pelts. Wizards CC you all day then 1 shot you and cannot die. Pelts just stand there and take no damage then 1 shot you with reti. Let’s buff more CC that’s fun. What’s fun about not being able to use your skills cause of pull+ disarm with no skill to hit pull. before you say get gOiD get RyKUmA. Why should we have to get a gear set before CC is busted? its silly.
GTW: lag fest CC fest annoying you to death.
Boruta: getting changed to raid for a reason. Laggy, Unfun, monopolizable and boring.
Tbl: No real reason to queue. Need better rewards and 24 hour up time.
PVP notes:The things I would change about pvp is decreasing damage taken nerfing tanky classes. Slower team battles would be more fun instead of 1 shoting people but that’s just what I like. 5 v 5 4 pelts 1 healer would be interesting to watch more then 5 cc wizards going at it. Also give tbl good rewards.
RNG:
Weapon enchancing: You either win and love yourself or lose and quit the game at least for a new player. I want this removed personally but will never happen. I’d like to see a trans and tier based system personally. Like all weapons have same base attack as legend but each tier gains the + bonuses as before blue +6 purple +11 orange +16 and legend +21 with transing making it glow the color of the tier. Never will happen not like my idea is a good change either.
Seals: you can break it with maxed out magic stones LUL.
Legend cards: you can break it if you aren’t rich with legend enchance cards maybe you can still break it don’t know much about past 5 star.

Gear: takes a long time to farm self unless you get savi. The effect suck unless you like pvp aka the god and savior rykuma.
I’d like to see less rng but doubt it it’s a korean game. lol
Classes: Even when they buff weak classes they are still worse then other options. Monk is still bad and does no damage in cm/raids even with max attributes. My smite does more damage then monk so pick paladin instead better yet just pick the op class exorcist. Sucks when you can choose a magic class for your phys build and still out dps the phys options. I am a cleric main so don’t really know much about other classes.
Class notes:Buff weak classes to be able to be used. Monk needs like a palm strike x2 and debuffs to make knife hand hit 2 more hits, plus golden bell adding +1 hits to all monk skills during duration. Would it be busted? maybe but monk needs something else. Mega buff it lol.
ENDING NOTES:
These are just my opinion each person has their own likes and dislikes of the game. Some play for graphics or cosmetics while some play for pve or pvp content alone. I personally used to do CM all day every day then branched out because of boredom. I’ve play clerics, and a little bit of swordy. Wanted to maximize my cm run speed or solo potential going to cm7. I start doing gem feud and enjoyed that for awhile but it gets boring. CC in this game isn’t for me. Is why I switched games recently to albion. I like the slower fights but I’d like to play tos I just can’t. Slow content updates, and stale game play ruin it for me.

Degr from Klaipedia server

7 Likes

Grind all your enhancement attributes to level 100
grind all armor and weapon at legend grade to +21
do ultra-hard uphill defense 4x per week[not yet ingame on iTOS]
grind CM stage 7 for more rng items to score good rolls, then ichor them for more stat gain on armor [because soon we have random stat ichor + fixed stat ichor for legend velcoffer & legend skyaclips set]
grind more attribute points for the upcoming arts update
do daily gem feud for blessed gems to either trans your gear or earn funds/attribute points
join a guild for Boruta and farm Drakonas accessories and Boruta Seals for maximizing the legendary set effect[need at least +3 Boruta seals]
hunt the demon lords of your choice till you got a 7 or 8 star legendary card

-> make and alt and repeat to join GTW [since basically none of the above can be transfered except for the armor and maybe weapon] because you’ll realize that most PVE builds cannot compete in PVP unless you’re a mega-whale,botter, or no-life King with 18 hours of playtime per day.

To make it short: there is no endgame.
None of the rewards from high-tier content you participate in is complete, it’s either material for another item to craft or requires you to grind materials to be crafted/enhanced itself.

It’s a grinding treadmill of hell. Reminds me of Daft Punks song “Harder,Better,Faster,Stronger”

Work it harder, make it better, do it faster,makes us stronger
more than ever, hour after hour, work is never over

4 Likes

People are quitting because we should’ve had a real patch like 4 weeks ago but again this week they failed to patch in legendary white crow.

It’s like waiting for paint to dry in a storm, it’s absolutely ridiculous how ■■■■■■■ slow this company is at patching.

5 Likes

It’s funny, so long and nothing for IMC

-> make and alt and repeat to join GTW

Are you sure GTW is about individual equipment instead of number of people?

To make it short: there is no endgame.

And perhaps they have no game to begin with. There are some interesting features (eg. popup books), but there is no complete game feature integrate onto it, I guess. Maybe too much focus on Arts instead of any kind of activity.

2 Likes

THIS, fixing card system itself will open up to a lot of new builds and probably improves the overall game by atleast 30%. being fixed on zaura/nuale for blue, dmg % for red and just stats on green. limits the card system and a lot of sht cards on the side. to which only few class uses. like necro and wugu to which both card is actually useless (feels like imc forgotten they put card options for nec and wugu) .

instead of fixing sht they implement new sht, but hey watever heres a 999 T9 scroll for you!

5 Likes

Do you think Inquisitor>Zealot>Plague Doctor would be a good PVP build ?

Idiotic update seasonal sistem … when people have instant access to the Kr patch and have to wait + 3 or more months for updates and fixes. it only builds frustration… you add that they DONT wait for shop ralated updates its like saying… yes we can update faster but fk you we add only to milk our whales and we dont care about gameplay.

not a real goal or roadmap for the game… everytime they change - invent - add a new (BAD)sistem over (already bad) sistems over (bad coded) sistem they dont realize they are digging their own grave. ( or may be they do… because ofc they arent idiots right? but then that means they know they are fk their own game… XD…

2 Likes

I wasn’t being literal, what i meant was “Tree of Savior could be an MMO titan if they fixed and used all the game systems at their full potential”, but you’re completely right on that matter. Part of the reason why the card system flopped is due the base nature of property attack/resistance as it is the kind of stat that is useful but uninteresting, i made a dedicated analysis thread about it last year.

Addressing that part and the flat x percentage, the first with higher values so it can be good for builds that lack the stat, should be enough to get the system at a good spot.

2 Likes

Not sure if I should comment here (quit long ago). Few reasons I quit:

1. No server transfers, I’m playing from SA. TP in Klai/NA was more expensive, timezone differences were annoying like needing to run Velcoffer at 3 am every week and still wake up early, I made more friends in SA/Silute over time but not worth restarting from scratch. Moved to another game, thought of checking re:build, wanted to try playing with new friends from here on SA but no motivation to restart from nothing.
  1. P2Win was in the middle of/already being worse with the Diamond Anvils and Leticia’s Cube but wasn’t so bad as it’s right now.

2. Tired of players abusing the game systems all over the place, multi-acc (kind of fine I guess?), transferring gear over other accounts for diamond anvils, afk farming, plain bots, alch bots, other type of exploits, hook thing etc.

3. Too repetitive/too much chore and the risk to lose all the progression for nothing. Hello my old full pot +10 Velcoffer Pistol I never tried to enchant more because no diamond anvils. Didn’t even start yet into Ichor system back then.

4. Lack of actual challenges/rewarding gameplay. Most rewarding feelings (and in-game profits) came from RNG luck. For anything else (materials, stones, dust, alch pots etc) you had to compete with bots that were never banned unless you did GM work and reported every single one going on every single map (and even so some weren’t banned).

5. TBL PvP was like few matches that were rewarding and most of them annoying. It was worth playing for those few good matches but eventually they became rarer and rarer and it was just boring.

6. Repetitive random events with no meaning. IMHO stopping doing them were the first thing in the direction of quitting since most of them aren’t actually worth of being called events. Just call them biweekly/monthly errand/task system.

7. Feeling the game lost its essence long ago and that the initial appeal from CBTs, launch, ktos were mostly gone for me with exception from just a few things.

8. Too much content that excludes others from participating. Like only X players gets rewards from bosses, only Y gets something, only Z gets other thing there.

Then, I came back to check the game after all the hype about Re:Build is gone and all. Then:

1. Can’t reroll base class. Stuck forever without having an opportunity to choose, never coming back IMC, thanks. There’s probably an alternative like rerolling characters or something but not interested.

2. Although not important, lack of explanation in things. Me and these other returning players were a bit of lost and while it’s nothing, really, it’s annoying I guess for the impatient ones.

3. I’m not sure if this happens with all classes but I felt the game was a bit more clunky to play. Somehow some NPCs now feels “detached” from the map as if placed there while back then we could feel they blend a bit more with the environment. Maybe some of these things are results of optimization changes, I don’t know.

4. Returning/new player events/etc pretty much pushes you into a meaningless leveling experience. One of these returning players already quit because “this game is all about running from one side to another killing dumb monsters” - well, it’s a bit more than that but pretty much the experience for someone rushing levels without a purpose with free x8 tomes used randomly because not planning to reach lv.420 anyway.

5. Dungeons seemed dead and we were lucky to have 5 returning players which then dropped to 4, then to 2, then to 0 (yeah, all of us quit again after the others quit).

6. I’m sure that there are many things to do (as a returning player) but the game (still) feels that there’s nothing to do. ToS doesn’t really give a nice flow of things to follow. I’m sure things would end up popping here and there at later game and finding others to play with/guild but if you come right now as a group of five clueless returning players you just keep doing things while feeling lost and wondering what’s there to do next.

7. I don’t know if this is just about old habits but the new class system feels weird.

8. It’s annoying that there are some monsters that can keep freezing you over and over. I’m sure some new players definitely quit over this and there’s no tutorial (I think) to like use Dispellers or something.

9. RNG anvils still here.

10. Coming back felt more like a forced gameplay to see how the game is doing rather than actually enjoying it.

I hope this helps somehow. :<

16 Likes

Idiotic update seasonal sistem

I really have to disagree with these. If a game is good, you don’t need frequent update.
Update is a way for publishers to make money. A gave a board game example before, Monopoly, and people bought it, they don’t need upgrade, because it gives value.

1 Like

ever tried a roller coaster that are rusty, prone to accident and near-death accident? And they didn’t even fix repetitive minor issues this roller coaster had?

And more like a train, not a roller coaster to me.

2 Likes