Tree of Savior Forum

Why is ppl quitting ToS?

ever tried a roller coaster that are rusty, prone to accident and near-death accident? And they didn’t even fix repetitive minor issues this roller coaster had?

And more like a train, not a roller coaster to me.

2 Likes

I think they need to do much more, otherwise, it will just be a collection game, where you can acquire them easily.

I think they need to have mechanic to consume some cards, such as a food buff like to activate them with exp cards for an hour by any card, which pushes the card value.

But still, you need a game to apply card system. The question is, what’s next once you finished your built? If you look at games like League of Legend, it is not about leveling, but it has a game there.

1 Like

The point is valid but the comparison is off due the base nature of each game, the kind of board game monopoly is more similar to MOBAs (as the content is affected by other players you’re put with and against) while RPGs work in a constant never ending progression, even if a board game is perfect it will stop being fun if you only only with the same people.

MMORPGs needs new updates not only to fix their issues but also to get players that already did all the content available to have something else to do or something to look for, it’s the same type of relation people have with TV shows and movies. From my perspective, this whole topic started over the new Arts system as this content no one really asked for (or at least in this format) and how it is likely to delay more important matters, i don’t think that would ever happen if they only had announced the other features (guild customization, wb and new hg).

The main issue with reworks is that for MMOs it can backfire easily as there can always be someone that doesn’t like the change. Re:build was the most radical patch we had so far and not everybody bought into it, all that because people don’t like to have things taken away from them, i can see people raging that their +40 weapons aren’t as special if they ever change the enhancement system. On the other side, elements that aren’t seen as important have less relevance on the player base can feel empty, this can happen if they decide to do a super update towards all quests. Since the game focused so much in the power fantasy the players that already reached endgame won’t even bother to try it out and will see it as not having a patch at all.

It all goes back to the same point, the player base (at least iToS) doesn’t like how IMC is handling their priorities and is still waiting for the game to be fixed. We need to have a good balance between new content and reworked content so veterans don’t get bored and the game stops being hostile to new players. Perhaps the best way to release new content is to pair it with some rework that complements it in some way or makes up for its weaknesses (Ex: rework the property system and add a 3-5 new class property based classes).

Considering the current system, anything can be an improvement. I personally thing they should shift the system into a team-book basis instead of characters, allowing you to use the same card page with different characters and switch them freely (even if only at towns) so you can use more variations based on the content you plan to do. The collecting part isn’t fun because most time cards are just bad in comparison and you can’t play around new strategies without paying taxes.

I’m also down for using cards in an active way, even if they use a special skill with 1 min cd (this is better way to implement something like Arts without most of the issues it has). If it were by me the whole Sorcerer class would be reworked to use bosses in a rotative way instead of a single unit.

Anyway, that’s was already too much off-topic.

PS - I also forgot to mention how content patches also apply differently towards different player groups, the “fashioneers” are the only kind that always get consistent updates (even if only through TP), meanwhile PvP-holics got indirect content through class and equipment updates every now and then (why not having some real experimental PvP mode for a couple of weeks?). It wouldn’t hurt to have some kind of free content for other types of players in between that isn’t part of a massive update, events used to fill that role but they were recycled enough to feel like a regular monthly gimmick. Having something like that could help a lot to make the game feel more updated with less effort while giving them more time to work.

2 Likes

Priest is better then plague doctor. Revive op. Can try and see what you like though. Healing + fanaticism makes it useless but revive procs then use fant after your immortal frames are gone seems to be most efficient.

2 Likes

It’s time to move on. No reason for me to sink more hours into a game that doesn’t provide a rewarding time. Just because you spent 300-500/1000/2000 hours in a game isn’t a reason to stick around.

The Game renders in 3D and presents in-game models [outside of say— Naruto’s Son (Boruta)] as a fake 2D sprite model.

That alone makes this game go from easily 200+ FPS and butter smooth gameplay to 60 - 90 FPS in normal solo content, 30 - 80 FPS in towns and an absolute stutter fest come moderately active scenes (i.e. 30+ person guild raid with people running around and tossing skills and some flying numbers / world bossing / guild wars / boruta)

Linkers with Joint Penalty and Hangman’s Knot that blow up 15+ mobs with exploding body particles applied simultaneously will crash players on IMC’s minimum and recommended computer specs for this game.

Optimization is an absolute joke if this game is meant to run on an Intel i3 and Geforce 200 series or later and still be playable at 30 FPS.

Also a whole host of other reasons, that I will not entertain cause Nexon/IMC do not care the slightest.

“Please PM me” is a cop out for an actual overdue open-forum grilling.

10 Likes

Yes, have always made me wonder why a game like ToS is effing slower than more taxing games out there

What a joke -.-

1 Like

oh my bad im stupid lol i thought you are referring to the card itself in the game. but the things they can play to make it work. Well literal or a metaphor of what. they havent played both of the cards well :satisfaction:

2 Likes

As a software engineer, bug fix is not an update. As for your reason of new content, a story type game will require new game content, but MMORPG does not necessarily need a new game mechanics. Black Desert Online, Archeage, etc. those update new maps, but not the game mechanics (trading that leads to war). ToS has a very week endgame, GTW has less benefits for players. It is neither a collection game like PoE, as your inventory is very limited, and drop rate is low. New content is not the issue, but it lacks the purpose of leveling except for making your dream build. MMO may include MOBA (eg. Gem Fued)

If I am a Wizard, I don’t think I need a Swordman set of cards. Team based card may have that issue.
As for adding skills, my priest has over 20, and the interval is short with a minute of cooldown, which I am not able to move around and avoid attack. I think they have more to be done before adding more skills as well.

2 Likes

I play this game for a very long time but somehow it lost its magic.

All the small things like good drops on normal field maps like Slash/Strike Gauntlets.

Gear with unique stats not this rng sh!t.

Or normal dungeons that actually need a full party and take some time to complete.

Killing afk Necros with Oracles.

Hating everybody that enters your map because of the stupid dkp system,

Grinding Partys…

GOODEVENTS

Somehow it was more fun in 2016/2017.

9 Likes

Ahhh Oghma Gauntlets, Swift Oghma Gauntlets, Demonas Gauntlets and Dehvlin Gauntlets…I do remember time I spent to get those, my Thau had run Crystal Mine mission everyday like 2 weeks for Terranium.

Also planning to get Manahas Set for my QS too but sadly the game system had been changed before I got any, the end of AA :tired:

4 Likes

you’re right dude

Rebild killed a lot of uniqueness in the game. Now it’s just another Korean farm machine, no fun, no more unique funny mechanics, now just a dumb grind.

3 Likes

Im about to quit tos too, here are some reasons:

1. The contents are too easy, i can solo most of them and like you guys said, some contents need few days to finish but they last few weeks lol, also they just repeat or need ppl to afk.
  2. PvP suck. You guys saying wiz op but mostly they cant kill swordman 30s silent “debuff”, get rekted by scout’s sheriff, scout’s infinite stun, take too much time too kill another wiz + their genbu, slow af without teleport. Onmy skill? they cant even cast them in place with massive ppl like boruta, gtw ( only 50s delay, my mistake lol, others class are fine ). Shadow mancer’s skill is a joke! scout still stand there and shoot me when im in shadow pool ( i think that fanning skill ) + when you got hit in shadow pool you cant move ( bug from ancient ), missle hole, that a meme since it cant eat sheriff’s aiming shoot (missle) + deal more dmg to you. And as usual, 1 hit by musketeer.
  3. Player’s behavior
    3.1" I was here 1st go away! "
    3.2 Some ppl i know think that botting is normal and players dont need to report bot ( sheet tier gamers )
  4. IMC behavior
    4.1 Late fixing bug: All games i played got their bugs fixed in 1 day or 1 weeks at most.
    4.2 No responsibility
  • Just use ice wall to push bot away from baubas’s pillar we will fix it after 2 months haha.
  • Give cheater name change since he donate too much money ( rainbow event bad boy ).
  1. The game already reach its end
    Me and my friends ( we played lots of games together) think that if tos get 4rd class, IMC will have no way to balance it. The best way to keep players is continue work on existed skill or make new class transfering skills from other classes and a month after that conversation, Art come out lol.

That my opinion about ToS right now, sorry i dont know much to write on pvp since i main wizard and one more thing when i addicted to ToS i farm about 30m a day (16h in tos/day), i have velcof full set +11 trans 10, +16 t10 velcof weapon, 30+ stats ichor after 3 months i seriously play the game so honestly i dont think this game is hard.

1 Like

Because most of gamer now prefer that more convenient game. This is kinda stressful. BTW I’m here cause I’m building a website forum, just looking for some functionality that I could add.

1 Like

Wiz is OP only in TBL, in all other content they are simply fine, mostly due to the damage reduction there and how it interacts with Genbu.

1 Like

This is the no. 1 plead to the development team in August. Throw it in goggle translate and you’ll understand most of it. The Korean community is asking for a user meeting, because they pretty much have the same doubts about the direction of the game as we do in this thread.

2 Likes

yes i do admit that genbu quite op, it like + 110% wiz hp but it wont help you get away with 10s x3 silent, survive musketeer combo, run from a scout with 2 aiming shoot heat or massive stun by dagger scout. If you are musketeer or scout and you cant finish a wiz + genbu in 1 combo, its just you not good or geared enough. Genbu is passive man

1 Like

Honestly the only build right now that is ‘OP in pvp’ is kino/onmy/SM, and it is really only OP in TBL.

Getting a bit theorycrafty but you have plenty of responses or actions to counter all the options you mentioned.

Hallucination alone counters most crowd control, and with the right gear becomes nigh unkillable unless you are a lancer or similar heavy single target damage.

1 Like

thats right tho hallucination + genbu is quite a problem but cd is so long. its similiar with yinyang of onmy, but i really think its not that tanky. With that i think the hp about 2.8?

1 Like

"In addition, the game company actively encouraged the Bukkake upbringing up to this point. "
Thanks google translate :satisfaction:

6 Likes

why i quit :slight_smile:

1- the game gets really boring when you have a high lv character and you have to upgrade all over to have a new build or test something new in the classes

2 - leveling from zero to 420 is extremely boring for those who have already gone through the quest and have to repeat it all over again

3 - It is EXTREMELY annoying the mobs canceling the actions with the quest items, and i have to wait 60 seconds to activate again, and the mob hit, and i wait more 60 seconds, seriously, who was the one who decided to put this in the game?

4 - I can not do a combination of classes to my taste because it is horrible and I can’t find PT to do events or raids in the game.

5 - There are many classes in the game, 10% are meta and good classes, the rest 90% is trash forgotten around the corner, you don’t even bother to balance it.

6 - LETICIA CUBE AND GODDESS CUBE, the mechanics of getting items is an affront to people, TOS is a computer game and not a cell phone, I don’t understand why putting this random item deal in this game, if it’s money you want, Leave the game PayToWin, which, is not far from it.

7 - I do not have all the time in the world to do quest and level up char, and do diaries quest with various chars that gets VERY boring and boring. No one likes to repeat the same thing over and over and over and over.

8 - RNG system, is extreme annoying

9 - Otmization and of curse FPS, i have a R7 1700 with a RX580 8GB, 8GB Ram, and on the city, fps drops to 20 + -

9 Likes