Tree of Savior Forum

Why is okay to be super racist about BR?

i have played my share of games (online) and at least 4-5 were killed by BR…is sad that u are having fun in a game and bah…here come the sea of br to destroy it… :_(

Its get to the point the whole world wait for the BR community to choose a server and ppl avoid it like the plague… i remember BnS release some weeks ago lol…

Face it , no1 like to play with BR… and is no wonder why…

I played games since Dune 2000, duke nukem 2 (yes the 2d one), lost vikings, played some atari games. I play online games I believe since 1997, with Diablo. Played many, many games since then. I’m a developer myself, I have a passion for this.

About ToS specifically, I played both iCBT’s. Got access to the third kCBT too, but didn’t have the time to play.

What about you?

what you want me to list all the game i’ve ever played here? seriously?

listen, when you look into BR trolling memes what did you see?
the first step is to ask people if they are BR, if they are not BR,they trolls them. maybe that is the reason why you never see such behavior because they are nice to other BR.

that vid is about cheating which is BR specialty. just to make it clear.

yeah it is kinda sad, felt bad to leave good games too man.

yeah it’s almost like a waiting game now, when you have this closed international community people are almost always nice and then BR comes in which marks the end of the server, has always been like that.

2 Likes

I don’t want a complete list, as I didn’t expose one myself. I just asked about ur general experience.

I know what this video is about, this one specifically was posted by a brazilian as a joke. It’s not about cheating, it’s about being annoying. Which some brazilians are.|
But after that, people that ks are annoying too. People that bot are annoying and actually prevent me from progressing, while someone spamming russian or asking for money don’t.

Finally… again, it just shows how you generalize brazilians. You obviusly notice one talking in portuguese. You don’t notice the ones talking in English or just playing the game quietly. After the game session, you will think all brazilians are like that.

Now, try a different thing: play all the time you can for a day, pay attention to how many DIFFERENT brazilian players will spam in the shout. Then look at how many brazilians were playing the game at that day, using any steam data site. Compare, and voilà! You will realize they don’t represent a single cent of the BR community.
You will obviously have a horrible sample, but it’s enough just to give an idea of how absurd it is to judge all the brazilians like that.

3 Likes

the thing is no matter what i say your delusion won’t let you accept that people have had a lot of bad experience with BR which ends up with a stereotype.

you’re just one defensive person that just want to debate and will negate everything people say in order to like “clear” BR name. but no you can’t because you seem to be oblivious about BR’s behavior in most online games.

what i can say is you have this illusion that makes you want to defend BR probably because you don’t know better or because you don’t care about the truth.

Its so nice to see people likes bots and gold sellers and come here to tell brs destroy games.
I doubt any br is using bot program and I doubt any br is selling silver.
Its cleary NA is selling silver cause some provide contact via phone.

Again, I only saw people complains about Brs due to their portuguese talking in shout(Where this can destroy a game?), people complains about some brs trolling them(Where this can destroy a game?), people complains about brs ksing them(get some br ks is nothing compared with NA bots ksing every maps and every time).

Don’t cry about brs when you can easily block them and never see they talking again and go ahead with your grind.
I can’t figure out why people likes bots and gold sellers and hates brs.

4 Likes

Please, I never said you didn’t have bad experiences. You may have had a lot. What I said is that you probably had good experiences as well and didn’t know they were brazilians, so it made you have this bad vision about them.

What I defend is comparing data instead of our guess ingame, so we can have a better view of this.

See it this way (example, no real numbers):

• EU has 100k players. 0.5% of them are bad
  • BR has 200k players. 1% of them are bad

You will have 4 times more bad experiences with brazilians. In this case they are actually worse people than europeans. But it still represents so few people and being offensive to 99% of them it not right.
THIS is what I’m always trying to explain.

The topic is about being racist against BR’s (which includes all of them), and I think it’s not right. You are defending it is.

7 Likes

yep exactly as i said, nothing i said will change anything in your way of thinking. i guess we are done here then?

Don’t try to open his eyes. That guy lives in a closed world.

You go to McDonalds near you house and get a bad experience with some guy who works there. So you will tell to everybody McDonalds have the worst service in the world because you got a bad experince with one of theirs thousands in the world.

Thats why limited people generalize the things.

10 Likes

I was waiting for a bit more than just calling it an illusion. We have numbers from Steam and IMC.

Also, racism is a crime in many countries, that’s why it went a little further. You can’t be racist against a black guy and pretend it’s fine because you have nothing more to add.

I just hope IMC acts in some way. Suspend both racist and spamming players.
Aside from that, I hope you have a good game. Someday we will see each other in a server war, maybe we can keep it in-game without personal offenses.

EDIT: I think we won’t have SEA x iToS :frowning:

i’m not playing ToS anymore sadly so our problems end here.

as i said i’m not racist with BR themselves, i’m however racist to their way of thinking and how forgivable cheats/exploits are for them

i don’t play ToS in any server anywhere. the game doesn’t feel completed for me and the existence of exploit, bugs, lags, balancing issues and a thousand more small things that are bad makes this game unplayable for me so yeah.

1 Like

dsbahjdshajdbsabdfskjabfdj someone thinks xenophobia is a disability i’m dying fuck

you are like 90% definitely trolling right? winks. i gotcha. i see you

1 Like

I think this is a kind of touchy subject but I really do want to be the devil’s advocate on this one.

I don’t think being straight up racist is ever really a good solution but if there are so many Brazilians causing problems with the english speaking people this server was designed for, then it does cause problems.

I’m actually all for international play-ability so if I wanted I could play in EU despite being NA with a friend or someone in Australia but I think part of it is that there are SO MANY south americans to the point they should just have their own server or they will naturally overrun, take over and be just as racist back to the north americans.

Freedom of speech is kinda important even if some view it as “rude” and sadly language barriers and prejudice on both sides DOES exist. Neither side wants to deal with being overrun by people who won’t party with them, or even really be able to communicate with them in a social game.

I think if Brazil loves tree of savior or other mmorpgs to the point it causes this huge of a divide we should give them their own servers to play on. Give them to the freedom to still play outside their home server, but don’t complain when people tell you to ■■■■ off for speaking anything but english.

In the same regard they should be able to do the same to us if we play on a BR intended server. It’s better than having horrible server lag just to mesh everyone together and try to force people to get along when we clearly won’t.

Take away people’s reason to dislike a minority and I promise it’ll be a less toxic environment for everyone. The truth is gamers aren’t racist, we’re just selfish assholes - We don’t care what colour skin you are, we just care when you’re taking our bandwidth and causing problems towards our experience online really. If it wasn’t BRs we’d b itch about peruvians or russians or chinese anyway, and it’s not because we’re all xenophobes - in fact many of us will likely be hypocrites and visit those countries at some point loving the trip.

I know it costs money to maintain and run servers but if there is demand to this extent it’s always better to shell out to pay it, you’ll just end up with more customers in the end from both sides.

I have one thing to say to you: **** you. We dont need you to give us anything. This is an international server with no IP block populated in its majority by south americans, go check statistics. Everyone playing here PAID for this game same as you. Now go **** yourselves and STFU, you are a bunch of xenophobic racist people and you all should be ashamed of that daily behaviour. Go learn something, try LEARNING another language e get out of your mediocre life thinking people should behave and speak as it pleases you. If you cannot understand, GO STUDY, because WE DO understand the s**t you say. Thank you. Now, sashay away all of you haters.

1 Like

“This thread is saying BRs are obnoxious and rude?! I should debunk that by being obnoxious and rude!”

Amazing.

11 Likes

Well. That settles it.

USA ppl hates BR hates asians hates muslims hates arab and they hate everyone in the world tbh i lived in usa for while and people are very racist , they just hate everyone but they want america to be great :smiley: if u dont like this post i know u gona vote for trump

4 Likes

Well this thread is hilarious. And that is more due to how tragic it is that aside from broken ass English, it consists of petty bickering.

Lots of games have been ruined by BR, but the same goes for GR as well. Not to mention RUS and Frenchies.

The problem isn’t the nationality of the person, it’s how they conduct themselves in a public space. I’ve got more issues with Americans than any of the other mentioned nationalities due to attitude.

The problem that arises specifically in the BR, RUS and GR case is that they knowingly go on games that quite clearly state that English has to be used in global chats and choose to ignore it. Irrespective of their ability to speak English this shows a level of ignorance that is understandably going to annoy the ■■■■ out of people. While ToS does not implicitly state this, it’s not a leap to realise that the vast majority of people speak English to varying degrees.

I know enough BR and GR people that pretend not to be of that nationality so they can avoid the inherent stupidity of their country folk. Similar to the Americans who pretend to be Canadian when they holiday abroad so they avoid the stigma of being from a backwards ass nation.

Shame that more people can’t tell the difference between racism and xenophobia. The ones who instantly call ‘racism’ tend to be the ones most blinded by skin colour. Quite tragic.

1 Like

To be fair, white Americans hate EVERYONE who isn’t white or Christian.