Tree of Savior Forum

Why is okay to be super racist about BR?

I dunno man, I’m going to leave Klaipeda and go to SEA server soon. Bye to BR hate and welcome to Pinoy hate (which I don’t care too).

Anonymity is definitely part of the issue, and most likely one of the roots of the community. Gaming communities nowadays are toxic in general, be it because “skilled” players talk down to people who play “casually” - while games in general should be just that, games. Admittedly, I do get annoyed at people who are deliberately trolling, or who are simply refusing to do their job as well as they can in an MMO, especially if everybody else’s progress depends on it. That applies to daily dungeons where you are highly dependent on everybody’s readiness to help as well as to endgame raiding where any mistake from any person, or simple lack of understanding of the fight or task at hand will lead to a wipe and waste of time for others.
But be it dungeons in ToS or raids in FFXIV, people rarely ever speak up against those who act offensively against others. Racism is only part of what can happen during those times.

And, as you put it, maybe we veterans didn’t react quickly enough, and especially openly enough, in the past, to prevent the situation we have now - people talking down upon others due to their nationality, lack of experience, or even disabilities like color blindness due to which they cannot perform as well as we want them to.

Anybody who is willing and ready to help will act against that development, but most people are too focused on their own gain or have simply stopped caring thanks to too many situations where they tried to stand up for others and became target to the offensive actions themselves. It’s never easy to take a stand against things like the open racism in shout channel, especially with the age gap being as great as it is, where half the 15-year-olds will make fun of you and everybody who could take you seriously has stopped reading the spam long ago. That applies to this forum, to dungeon runs, and to any other occurences of those situations, just as well.

5 Likes

Brazilians are not hispanic. You should google it at best. Based on one of your posts, I’d like to ask: Would you like to be labeled as an Anglo-Saxon?

As a Brazilian, I must say I am disgusted with the xenophobia present in this community, which was reinforced by IMC through the inaccurate bug exploit post. Regardless, it’s just horrifying to realize people still live in the 19th century. And it makes me think if I want to be around this kind of human, because it does not feel good at all. It feels demoralizing, and I could use my time in many different ways that don’t, which is just a shame, because the game itself is awesome so far.

15 Likes

“I believe America is exceptional.” © B. Obama 2013.
which implies that rules do not apply to them or that everyone else are inferior or both.

3 Likes

It’s not even Racism at this point, it’s just a Stereotype. It’s just abit overwhelming bc alot of brazilians think it’s funny and it became a meme among us. Honestly tho, it’s pretty entertaining to watch some1 rage just because you said HUEHUEHUE or bc you typed something in portuguese. I’d say that we take things less seriously in games than most plp from other countries, that’s prob where the stereotype comes from.

4 Likes

looking at steam chart there are 15k players but over 500k copys bought of the game… do your own math if its a major problem.

1 Like

In fact little people will always hate big people.
Br community are STRONG thats why some kids complain.
Brs don’t destroy games but bots and gold sellers. Now look at this, in br games there are many gold seller e none of them are brs cause them spam in english and they work with US dollar ($) an not with Real (R$).

So who destroys games?

5 Likes

Well, NA players dont know Geography, so i guess when they seen a language and its not english they freaking out. And all “different” language is “brazilian spanish” for them and they poor Geography.

1 Like

wow kids complain because br community is strong? wow.
you just got to a whole new level my friend.

1 Like

History serves us well.

Look at the majority of BR players actions just in this game. Then, consider their offenses for previous games.

I have had a few (very) good experiences with a few BR players, buy again few.

If you have the ability to speak and understand English in an English game, with an English team… then why refuse to communicate? Again, this is beyond just TOS.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s not like there aren’t racist BR players. I see just as many BRs saying racist things in game as I do others. Actually, seeing as I can only understand 1/4th of them they might be saying racist things MORE than others and I just don’t know it.

these are for jokes and they dont show the people who answer correctly.

woah woah there. there isnt the blame game. doesnt matter who is worse. still doesnt make it okay :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can just ignore some ppl, you know? there are worst thing than ppl talking their native language. Native language are beautiful and IF they are not trying to comunicate with you they are not forced to use English.

People is just people, each one different from each other, your behaviour is the toxic one.

6 Likes

If history would really servers us well there will be no idiots on the world.

There are worst things than people disrespecting the environment they have selected to put themselves in…

Like proceeding with major exploits to damage the integrity of the game, right?

The existence of worst things is not an argument for commit a racist comment.

oh i’m the toxic one? that’s new.

native language are beautiful, but what’s beautiful in being unable to communicate in dungeon and not understanding what others are trying to say? which brings it to my point that there’s a reason why “international” language exist.

listen here um. i don’t care if any BR wanted to communicate with me or not but this is not regional server, this is international server, BR got released from their regional publisher but when they get into steam they do this? exploits and what not? don’t expect people to forget this because this just adds to the records of how many game destroyed when BR joined it.

i’m not racist on the brazillian themselves but rather on their way of thinking, why cheat? why…

3 Likes

Don’t like this behavior towards people too.
Don’t know why people hate each other.
If all the humans were zombie… there is no racism anymore…
Sry for crappy english hue hue.

don’t be biased when you’re talking about these things man. how many have you played for a long time from the very start? you might have not seen it but we certainly do.