Tree of Savior Forum

Why i quitted the game, today

Even at half, still hard

1 / 1000 = 0.1%
1 / 500 = 0.2%… (half)
1 / 250 = 0.4% (three quarter)

my question has anyone grabbed multiple of the same item at the same time and enhanced them? Idk if I am the only one but when I craft stuff… I make about 20 of them… enhance them all and the garbage ones i toss and I just do this over and over till i have a super high one or multiple decent ones and sell for a profit.

like literally… farm up loads of said weapon… then just enhance like crazy till they break, get good stuff or what ever it’s about throwing in lots of hours into the right spot. Some people are lucky as heck though but that’s well RNG for you.

1 Like

Guys, why don’t you understand?
Are you blind or smt, can you read?

Why I must repeat my self thousand times?

First: I farmed a lot HG when they implemented it.
All my chars have weap with 2 slots and armor with 2 slots.
I’m talking about… uhm… 14 characters. So yes, I farmed a lot.
And since I farmed a lot in this game (for 2 people me and my boyfriend who work all day) I know how drop system work in this game, more that what you think.
So, when I said:“we can’t farm HG items” or “HG cubes are really bad” or “this is a shitty drop rate/DPK system” that means I know what I’m saying.

Second: in this game weapons means everything right now.
You can’t still have Five Hammers with 5 red gems and do tons of dmg.
You must have a good weapon.
What are good weapon?

• HG
  • Purple Practo
  • Orange Practo

So [quote=“PixieDust, post:150, topic:364620”]
Idk if I am the only one but when I craft stuff… I make about 20 of them…
[/quote]

Do you really craft 20 Practo weaps? Good for you that you have 20 Practo, I waited mine for 6 months.
Do you really have 20 HG weaps? Good for you, I have to wait months to have them since market is empty or they are at 10M.

We’re not talking about shitty weaps, but good weaps, is a little bit different, you know…

Third: When your money are literally wasted in upgrade and you made those money with so much effort and time (and isn’t the first time), it’s normal you want to quit the game.

Fourth: the best upgrade system is in PSO2.
The weapon don’t break, there is a % of upgrade and you need items to increase the %.
When you fail the weap can go -2 upgrade, but everyone can have +40 weaps.

Playing this game since 1 years means: I’ve accepted almost everything about this game.
I played even the CBT1 and you don’t know how buggy was this game at the time.
For my experience: is never a good thing that a “old” player quit the game, because it means: he accepted almost everything and support the game since the beginning, but IMC don’t understand and laugh at them.

Fifth: as I’ve said: I play what I want, and since my strongest character is the Plague Doctor, I do dungeons with him.
It’s my choise, and I must not force to do a SR to farm dungeons.
If I take 25mins to clear the dungeon it might me OK for me, but the money that I’ve farmed with efforts should not be wasted.

Sixth: as I’ve said: weaps means everything in this game right now, IMC should improve upgrade weaps and make easly almost at +11 (is the min to do a good dmg).

Seventh: before answer a guy with:“noob” and so, read, or almost try to do it!

4 Likes

Lol, I honestly think @Rehail is totally right with her post :smiley:

2 Likes

This is kind of the only point I disagree with. If you make +11 easy to reach, the new norm will become getting the weapon +25 for it to be ‘decent’ and you will be sad when you only have a +16. It would only change the ‘expected’ minimal upgrade on your weapon.

You have never farmed a 2 practo weapon, I am sure of that.
For cubes, to get 20 of the same weapon type would takes maybe 3-4 months? Implying you kill fast and play alot.

When HG first came out, cubes fell like rain! I’m glad I kept all the cubes I had back then because that first week was awesome. So no, back then you could get 20 in a day!

I think i’m nearly okay with all those points too, just the easy +11 is maybe not a good thing. Also they should think of getting a max upgrade to weapons too, instead of making people being abble to go overboard with their upgrades. This would make the game even more pay to win litterally at some point with people going excessively overboard to get the best upgrade they can, and the recent update of “50% efficiency in pvp” wouldn’t change the fact paying player would get too much of an advantage. Frankly, maybe just having transcend works to 50% and i’m not even sure, and get 0% from enhancement in pvp, would make it better for pvp itself ^^
(A little offtopic for the pvp part but well sorry :3)

I would say you have to accept the system as it is right now. In any game upgrading stuff system is about RNG, and that’s why I personally dislike it. In GW2 for exemple, you don’t have that kind of system, but you still need time to have the best gears. So, I understand why people are quitting when they are wasting all their money and their time into a game with a lot of issues. People who think it’s best to have only few players which are able to have the best gears are those who want to have the biggest ipenis. Between a game where you know the time you invested will be rewarded and a game where you don’t know if you will waste all your time, the choice is really fast. Don’t come with your “then quit the game nub”, it’s just facts I’m talking about, it doesn’t mean I don’t like all other features from ToS. I’m also playing BDO where the upgrading system is similar, that’s why I’m focused on housing and resources.

1 Like

I don’t understand how you can play 2 mmo’s at the same time :neutral_face:

I’m not playing them at the same time and it actually depends on what you do in each game. I stopped GW2 for a long time, reinstalled it few days ago but as my guild has been disolved I didn’t really want to play anymore. I think I didn’t play ToS for more than 2 week as I’m more waiting about new content right now. Sometimes I reconnect to open my identify shop, but that’s all.

People need to start accepting the fact that ToS is not a game u actually play, its a game u follow. U just log in, see whats happening, get some event stuff, do ur dungeons, and boom log out.

It is not viable to spend hours farming cause u have no fun at all, and the work u have to put on just to have some lvl 315 gear which soon will be replaced by higher level equipment is just too much.

At least this is the way i see the game atm. I make some new char, get some dgs done, do my saaulus stuff, get some silver from dungeons, kill some mission bosses for the sake of getting number 1, and back to my old good dotes.

4 Likes

Agreed, most people do this and have to do it with alts, basically:

1.- Do your 290 dailys to get the cardboard recipes or the recipes used to craft the cardboard boxes and artiloniums
2.- Do your salus dailys to get your blessed shards
3-- Do your uphill dailys to get gem abrasives
4.- Do your library dailys
5.- Do your ET dailys

And dont forget that if you have a char that its less than 220-240-290 or 330 honestly, you still have to do your

6.- Request dailys, maybe for exp or maybe crystal mines if you dont need to level
7.- Regular dungeon dailys, maybe for EXP or maybe for CARDs to level uo the ones you need or to get recipes you need/talts for your guild

A few days ago i was like “we will do something fun after we are done with dailys” guess what, there was no time left (I have 6 alts). Well thats how TOS is atm :confused: .

Would be fun if someone could do an estimated time to actually be done with all of that stuff with just 1 char.

Welcome to any late game content of any mmo…

If you don’t like this kind of stuff maybe MMO’s are not for you.

The problem is the lack of pvp content imo. You only have TBL. Add some Bg and a decent GvG option, it would be a different story!

1 Like

i just log in check the market, and check the TBL rankings and log out these days lol.

not even doing the dailies are fun.

2 Likes

Good thing no one is forcing you to do all these things, and lets be honest this is a BS list. No one does Library daily, lol.

I run 140 dungeon 3x times on my SR, so that is ~ 40 minutes, and I yolo saalus on 6 characters which takes around 30 minutes.

After that I do what I want to do.

im just curious, what you want to do?

1 Like

TBL and play other games. :3

Totally wrong, even when the grind aspect its a common thing in MMORPGS (wich i been playing for more than 10 years now), most of those games offer fun things to do other than that, to name a few:

Boss raids (actual good boss raids and not the crapy field/world boss system of TOS)
PVP
GVG
Some sort of battlegrounds
Dungeon clear times
Dungeon dificulty modes
Good guild content

PVP isnt all that can be done in a game to make it fun, there are too many games wich PVP isnt even a thing and still are succesful because of their good PVE content.

Dailys get boring when there’s nothing else to do.

1 Like

Well there is an actual ‘raid’.

Its Solmiki area.

And the fieldboss is a pretty known and common concept.

But you are basically listing wow’s features hehe

But we can’t expect games to have all those. Blizzard have been adding features for a decade now.

But I think we could expect at least 3 or 4 out of your list!

1 Like

A ‘Raid’ is > 5 man content as defined by previous MMOs that used the term. ToS has no Raid Content besides Guild Events and Field Bosses.