Tree of Savior Forum

Why are people asking for captcha?

Sometimes, doing nothing is better than hurting the current system. Lol.

No, we are against it because itā€™s the most retarded form of trying to combat bots. You clearly have no idea how bots function.

And hereā€™s the evidence of one of us having difficulties on reading comprehension, now that you brought that up :grin::

[The other thread varuna is referring to. And to think that he still couldnā€™t understand what people were trying to tell him :joy:] (Token players ability to blacklist bots)

Sorry about the off-topic. I wonā€™t be bothering to continue that topic here any further and I promise to ignore his baiting.

Doesnā€™t really matter now, does it?

It will prevent z-jammers, it will prevent amateur bot users. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m suggesting it for.

Come on, call me names too, like you did @Nyyppa. Iā€™m getting jealous :3

1 Like

It wasnā€™t people. It was you and another moron who thinks adding a report function will somehow create more botters. As stated previously, they are adding a report function in the game now regardless if you like it or not so too bad so sad.

Iā€™ll continue to point out idiots when idiots want to come posting things they are ignorant of. If you are uninformed about such topics, you should not be giving your input or suggestions in.

doing nothing wont change anything.

You seem to be ignoring the fact itā€™s a hated system, I created this topic in sheer panic as I really donā€™t want to quit this game. Captcha will force me to quit. You have no idea how long Iā€™ve been waiting for a game like this.

Any basic game development is to not cause any form of inconvenient feature for the player. IMC seem to have a record of listening to the community and this is a feature that isnā€™t welcome.

And you seem to be ignoring that itā€™s hated for reasons. Reasons that can be fixed while still implementing it.

Neither should you.

If you think captcha canā€™t deal with z-jammers and amateur bot users, then youā€™re as idiotic as the rest of us.

@Solkazo
I love this game too and Iā€™ve been waiting for it since the announcement, years ago. It has nothing to do with RO, so Iā€™m not nostalgia goggled either. I simply like ToS for what it is.

Thereā€™s some things I hate in it, but that doesnā€™t make me quit. If you like ToS even near as much as I do, something like captcha shouldnā€™t even affect you.

Some people like being annoyed. And they feel alone in their peculiar hobby, so they want everyone to be annoyed.

OP is a botter.
IMC please go ahead and implement this captcha anti bot.
I want to 360 kick this guyā€¦ honestlyā€¦

Can your bot read this?

And this???

No. Thatā€™s why you are against it.

Add: even human canā€™t read em.

That might exactly be what many who argue against the whole captcha idea thinks we are suggesting? ā€˜Weā€™ meaning those who think it has potential to be part of the solution if implemented in the right way.

OMG guys, seems you are all unaware of services who provide human farm to solve as many captchas as you want.

It costs like 10$ for 1000 captchas. It is fully automatical for customers.

Bot owner just tweak their bot to send pic on this service and get correct answer back.

And honestly this cost is nothing even comparing to early access package for each of their accounts.

1 Like

Let me guess, you pulled those captcha pics from some file sharing website didnā€™t you? Those type of captcha is displayed when your account lacks premium access to those files.

It wouldnā€™t matter if you could solve it or not because you cannot access those files in the first place lol. Those captchas are designed to be impossible to solve because you cannot access those files. It shows how new you are to this captcha thing.

But let me post it here:

Captcha can be auto solved. Even if there is somehow captcha that a bot canā€™t solve, it can be automatically redirected to a CES (Captcha Exhange Server). Here, a person would solve the captcha. Some companies pay people to do this. Good luck though, trying to combat a million Chinese workers being payed $2 a hour to sit in front of the computer and input letters.

Please, all this can be googled. Learn 2 internet thx.

1 Like

You replied to my post and I donā€™t understand if you are against me or not.
Anyone can bypass the captcha just kindly post some link here about it and educate meā€¦ Iā€™m sure an alien helped them with programming.

2 Likes

Yes, you got that right, it wouldnā€™t stop them. But it would cause extra expenses and I bet their profit marginal isnā€™t as huge as people seem to think it is. It will all boil down to demand and supply after the beginning competition. And higher the expenses stays for them, the less gold sellers can afford to stay competing on that same game, meaning less bots in general.

Your solution for botters would automatically mean that the more simultaneous bots there are running, the more farming costs would increase too, so it would help limiting and controlling the problem.

Wake up man, theyā€™ve payed for every account on early access.

It is already very high base cost. Solving captchas wonā€™t add anything to it.

However Iā€™m really scared of coming F2Pā€¦ If they do 100500 accounts now, when every one of them is payed, wtf will happens on F2P.

Wait wat? You can send a captcha to fill in and receive answer immediately? they need to pay 25$/50$ each day, ok sure they can botā€¦ But never be rampant like ragnarok openkore.
I wish I can 360 kick you too.