Tree of Savior Forum

White Screen After Launching Game

After running the launcher, I am presented with a white screen. Music plays in the backround and the cursor changes when I move it around. The startup/login screen is there, but my screen is white. All I can see is the cursor.

Tried running the client and steam as administrator
Tried various Compatibility modes on the client .exe
Turned off firewall
Turned off Anti Virus
Verified Integrity of files via Steam
Installed many .Net Framework updates
Updated my graphics card driver as well as sound, display, others
Ran the sfc /scannow through CMD with no errors in the DLLs
Tried altering the user.xml file to run on windowed at 1920/1080
Tried replacing the 3 files posted in the forums
Updated Flash and enabled it on Internet Explorer
Updated Java
Updated Direct X
Updated Windows
Uninstalled and Re-installed both Steam and Tree of Savior
Tried deleting contents of the patch folder

I am running Windows 10 on a Quad core@ 3.8ghz with a Radeon 7660. I have 8g of RAM. I do not have many issues with other games, running on high specs. My problem can’t possibly exist in my hardware. Please help me run the game. I’d really like to play soon and I’ve run out of ideas.

@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Shawn

Still awaiting some assistance…

i have the same exact problem. i see the cursor music in the background sounds play when my mouse hovers over certain areas of the screen but i dont see a thing

So now this is over 2 days of this being on the boards and no sort of official acknowledgement that anyone is even looking into this at all? I see this has been attached to another thread as well and admins have been tagged. Why is this being ignored? This is a serious issue even if it’s only for a minority of people who purchased early access they are still paying customers. At least some reassurance by saying it’s being looked into would be great. I see this isn’t even the first time this is an issue either. In the CBT there were several others who couldn’t play. That was back August/November. Why hasn’t anything been done to remedy this issue or a fix been provided?

1 Like

yeh i searched thru all those old posts as well and tried the solutions other people have given

-deleting the whole game and reinstalling
-validating integrity
-changing computer language to korean
-changing to window mode and pressing x as i enter server
-changing resolution to other numbers
-alt tabbing non stop until i get lucky
-have no firewall or antivirus running
-running as admin
-reinstalled java

isnt getting people into the game more important than all those posts about being stuck at a certain quest or map?

is this even being looked at?

Had a similiar problem. Look for the user.xml in the TOS directory of steam and edit it. Change “resolution mode” to 0 instead of 1. This forces full-screen, you won’t be abled to alt+tab though. That helped me with frozen loading screens and blackscreen somehow.

That has been tried by everyone as well. It’s not frozen it’s literally just white.

It is a white screen, everything behind it seems to be working; I can move the cursor and it changes and makes sound when something is highlighted, I can click things and progress to other windows, but it’s just one white screen, the cursor and music/sound effects. Nothing changes visually besides the cursor graphic when moving it around in certain spots.

actually started at 1 but i tried 2 and 0 as well no diff

day 5 still havent passed the server select screen

having the same issue. tried everything. everything up to date. definitely not my hardware too. cant get past the white screen… game is running in the background

10 days still no official response or solution. This is no way to treat your customers.

1 Like

I spent countless hours trying to make sure everything was up to date and changing settings. I don’t understand why the game team can’t address the issue. I wanted to play this opening night. Now I’m almost two weeks and many levels behind my friends. This is unfair to paying customers.

Go get your refunds, people. Don’t support the lack of concern by IMC games. This was by far the worst mmorpg launch I have ever witnessed.

Oh crap. just happened to me after I connected a 2nd monitor screen to the computer and this topic doesn’t really make me feel better… its sad that IMC won’t care about these things, it’s people’s money I hope they know that.
I’m gonna try everything on my computer to solve this. I’ll be really devastated if that would not work.
please if you find a solution write it here

bad bad bad bad bad :"(

someone fix it plzz!!!

Bump, I got the same problem (and sometimes the Updater MFC which also comes!). Please dev team, do something for your game because it truly deserves better treatement than this! =)

Ok I fixed it!

I went on:
D:\Jeux\Jeux Steam installés\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release, and then, I delete every .xml files, only in the release folder.

Then, I moved to steam, and verify the game cache (properties of the game).
It told me that it didn’t find 6 files: it downloaded them.

Then I launched the game and it ran perfectly!

Hope it’ll help someone. Have fun =)

1 Like