Tree of Savior Forum

Which founders pack did you buy? :D

Hey guys and gals! Just thought id make quick thread to see how many people bought founders packs and which one~ I wanna see how many of us really wanna support the game from its early stages!

• Bought all the packs
  • $50
  • $30
  • $10
  • Did not buy a pack ($0)

0 voters

1 Like

Just do:

[poll name=iToS_dlc_purchases]
 - Bought all the packs
 - $50
 - $30
 - $10
 - Did not buy a pack ($0)
[/poll]

Have fun!

EDIT: type it out exactly as shown then modify the ā€˜whateverā€™ part and the ā€˜option 1ā€™, ā€˜option 2ā€™, ā€˜option 3ā€™ parts

EDIT2: forgot to mention that the name variable canā€™t have spaces in it.

EDIT3: Doh, forgot, you need a space between ā€˜-ā€™ and your ā€˜optionā€™

No more polls.

chronosanct pleaseā€¦

1 Like

lol what do you have against polls? Theyā€™ve never even done anything to you!

EDIT: Besides, Iā€™m not even the one making this poll (technically :P).

arghhhh stop spamming with these useless polls pls
i can already tell u the result
3 quarters of players got $50, the rest got $10 with only a few picking the last option

remove the first / from /poll lol
it annoys me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Also add an option for ā€œnot buying any packā€ even if it is highly unlikely.

Where did you get this information? Source? and how many people actually purchased? Thanks.

just common sense dudeā€¦ people either go for maximum value or just the plain ticket. itā€™s so obvious and pointless - not worth a thread

1 Like

forgot the ALL option too

1 Like

Obvious? That sounds like you took a rather large guess to come up with those figures. You see, smart people base their answers on facts not assumptions. You wonā€™t get too far with that attitude :slight_smile:

3 Likes

smart people also use common senseā€¦
beside you are not going to get an accurate result with your poll because you wonā€™t get a sample size large enough to represent the players that paid. I have a masters degree in computational science, but I donā€™t think it takes much to see thatā€¦

I am not looking for an accurate result, i am looking for a general overview. Small sample sizes are fine for that. Considering your degree involves more than just assumptions and or common sense, you out of all people should understand that an assumption can easily be inaccurate.

Please, if you want to wave your epeen around, go do it somewhere else. I am all for constructive feedback. However, you produced no comments worth of value nor intellect and contributed nothing to this thread.

Another note, if you have to spout what degree you completed, then obviously your mental stature online did not reflect such an achievement.

@12ahl3 is right about having a small margin of error, but if youā€™re okay with a 5 point margin of error:

Then to estimate results for a population of 150000, with a 95% confidence interval and margin of error of 5 points (so ā€˜trueā€™ results are within +/- 5 of what the poll reports with 95% certainty) then you just need 384 responses which is quite doable.

EDIT: A 4 point margin of error requires ~600 responses and a 3 point margin of error requires ~1000 responses.

You could also ask the reddit ToS forums as well for responses and they have I think like 10k subscribers.

EDIT: I personally try to stay and ask these forums since these are probably the biggest fans of imc and ToS. That way you can say you were conservative in terms of the population you were sampling.

Here, you might find this helpful:

2 Likes

its actually not only just the sample size, but the result is gonna be so biased since people who come to the forum are more enthusiastic about the game. The majority votes will be be they purchased something when in reality most people are f2pā€¦ like im realy not trying to bash that guy, but this poll is just utterly worthless and a total waste of time and space

ā€¦ i know how z score and confidence level work

Yes, this is a great point. Thoughts on these preliminary results then?

Canā€™t answer correctly on this as the options donā€™t support my exact answer.
I originally thought I wouldnā€™t have enough money so I bought the cheapest pack first. When I found out I had a lot of extra leftover that I could spend I bought the $50 pack, which is what I wanted originally, then bought a $10 for a friend who was out of cash. (So Iā€™ve spent $70 in this game already.)

Ah damnā€¦ knew we forgot something lolā€¦ uhā€¦ flip a coin to choose between the ā€˜$50ā€™ option and the ā€˜Bought all packs optionā€™