Tree of Savior Forum

Which Bugs Do YOU Think Are Most Urgent!?

And when the exploits didn’t impact too much the game or wasn’t totally really bad? Can you post any example of a game rolling back so we can compare how bad are the issues compared to what happened in TOS?

Also, I played since iCBT and start of the beta. I was never in favor of rollbacks, even when TOS had the most players. But for you, someone who don’t even play the game, it’s pretty easy to ask rollbacks every day, right?

Can you quote any post where the person you answer to did deny the steam charts? Or are you the greatest goddess that forces thoughts and actions into others again?

Also, what happened to the claim about GMs denying exploits? Is the point of discussion magically shifted into “IMC should rollback TOS”?

1 Like

Comparible to Boletto and I am pretty sure Neverwinter is another kinda dead game. It instantly ruined this game on launch and no idea why the link stopped working for some reason.

Did you even open that page? Or just took a random google result and pasted here without reading and only did so based on the cached summary?

We don’t know the extent to which the exploits damaged the game, and you certainly don’t roll a server back months, if at all, that’s absolutely insane.

If you think there are 3000 players that play 24/7 you are delusional. If you take low play time accounts away, basically people who launch the game once, or only for a few hours total (up to 10 in this case), you are left with around 20000 players, take at most 30% off for bots (even though that’s ridiculous but at most that’s the amount based on the Steam accounts who own TOS), and you’re left with 14000 active players in the past two weeks. If you deny that, then you’re intellectually dishonest, and completely ignorant to the entire gaming genre and player trends.

(14000 players is bad by the way and it clearly shows a problem with retention).

I’ve had this discussion with @ophiuchu multiple times, he has to make an effective counter argument.

1 Like

I won’t deny that 30,000 unique steam ID cycle in every day to login every day possibly. Here is how I think though for a real time test they reset the server during a prime time to see how many people are actually playing because that’s the number which matters. Not any of the AFK people or ones who login and don’t actually do anything of value other than pad a number statistic. Then to figure out the bot thing instead of banning them or disconnecting they keep them in a pen to take a head count.

Then the Staff or GM release a /who number to just tell us how many people.

Today we stay at the Auction House, but go way back to the open beta, where a major exploit caused the only rollback this game ever experienced.
Here you can know how bad and hard a rollback can be. By the words “the only rollback this game ever experienced.”

On May 19th 2013 an exploit leaked that described the way of creating an indefinite amount of Astral Diamonds with negative bids on auctions.

This isn’t similar to the Boleto issue which created one account for “free” on the Beta access. The account could give you TP and some Hanaming and Popolion hats. Period. The only thing that you could abuse were Tokens and some TP stuff. And the restrictions the game puts made everything untradable after a first trade.

While some may have benefited from this exploit, I think it’s pretty safe to say that it isn’t as how bad this was:

In very few hours, players exploited the design flaw and amassed millions of ADs. It also broke the Astral Diamond exchange, because exploiters needed to trade in their ADs when the character cap of 100 million was reached.

Even with the Boleto exploit one didn’t reach such an absurd number.

And what are Astral Diamonds in that game?

Astral Diamonds are a form of uncommon, sometimes time-gated, in-game Currency in Neverwinter. There are far fewer opportunities to acquire Astral Diamonds than Gold. Astral Diamonds cannot be directly traded between players, but it can be used as trading currency in the Auction House to buy or sell items.

It can be used as trading currency in Auction House to buy and sell items. The bug generated infinite tradable currency which wasn’t the case with ToS and the accounts that abused the Boleto problem were banned.

And know the fun fact: It was mostly a problem on Steam side than with ToS itself:

Are you still saying that GMs are denying exploits? That’s turning out to be a false claim again, I guess. Or did you change the discussion again with your ace in the sleeve?

People flooded the market with tokens and enchanted hats which mainly the hat is how they made tons of silver. That’s like a fact because these people in some of those posts have a million tokens which the tokens didn’t sell back then but those hats did that is for sure. It enabled people to pretty much amass silver and get what they wanted.

Can you quote those posts? The accounts who had abused the boleto bug were banned. Are you saying that they are not? Also Tokens went untradable after first trade. Are you talking about banned accounts with Tokens but that can’t login again?

Also silver were stuck in one account, you needed to set up items on market (that also have its restrictions) to transfer silver between accounts. The restrictions and other things may have prevented it from being a great harm to the game.

As I said:

It also makes me remember an “exploit” in kTOS which some players went to a Roxona map to exploit an event spawn that dropped too much silver. The players who abused it were banned and had their silver reverted without rolling back the entire server. IMC handled that well in my opinion and adjusted the monsters to not drop any silver.

Right, sure some statistics would be great.

Now don’t accuse me of something for months just to be immediately proved wrong.

Good point on that, we can’t be sure about all the tools IMC has access to, and what they’ve already done to potentially address some of the problems. We simply don’t know, and in this case we don’t even know enough to be confident in any speculation. (Feel free to tell us though Staff. :wink: )

1 Like

The client freezes are one of the most disturbing things for me atm.
0.37 fps are even 4 fps lower as ToS with the performance at the very beginning.

Ive heard disabling party quest info helps a bit.

But in general:
-implement acceptable balancing (aoe ratio, hit counter remove or add, etc)
-remove necro and every other afk farming method out of this game
-implement job change voucher permanently accessible
-fck all bugs and focus #1 again

no idea why I reply to a random user nor how I can edit that lol
|#qualityforum

2 Likes

No, you can go search the forums yourself I am going to sleep also continue on trying to “debunk” how people were crashing channels for a year and didn’t get away with anything or from Boletto.

The forum software we are currently using is Discourse, which is quite good actually:

To reply to a topic instead of a post use the Reply button in the bottom:

Sometimes we click the other one accidentally, it happens.

I am not trying to deny that. I accept that crashes exists and some people could had some benefits with the Boleto issue.

While what I’m “trying” to debunk is your claim saying that GMs denies exploits when they clearly are handling them.

Since you’re too confident about your claims it wouldn’t be hard for you to get your data. But if yourself can’t support your own argument, sorry, I’m not doing that for you. Have a good night, sleep well.

1 Like

a software that doesnt give you access to bbcode to remove things like the link to your reply is useless and unprofessional for me. Not to mention it doesnt have a adequately preview function (at least not here) for creating an thread that is longer then 2 lines…

I dont know whats possible with this software but the way they use it here is nothing but a cheap bla bla facebook comment section.

@STAFF_Max

THIS

Me and my mates have finally had enough

I don’t know if you guys use warlocks to climb. ´.´
As I said some time ago, Dark Theurge is a skill that causes desync and disconnection. Even more now.

Needs urgent attention.

** give us class reset voucher

good day sir…
can pls fix the lag/disconnection issues at Telsial server ?? after the hunting ground update, the lag/disconnection got worst. Ive play other games and the ping was good. can u pls fix it?? Actually, ive use my token and i didnt enjoy its benefits like +1 runs on dungeon cause ive always get DC ive ended up playing other games…
PLEASEEEE!!1 Fix the LAG?DISCONNECTION issue at Telsial server. i really love to play ToS. Thanks and have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know it isn’t a bug, but please, change the Pract Cube that expired. It’s unfair for those who didn’t know they would loose their cube forever if waited the 5 hours. Some people even quit the gaming, because it’s quite frustrating loosing all the hard work you had to go through.

I would say, the Very Great Awesome Error, aka the VGA error. Fix at least the damn issue with switching the lodges, which can crash the client several times in a row. What’s especially pissing me off about this instance is that having two lodges serves no apparent purpose in the game except to complicate things for players. And to generate crashes.

–trying to enter an instance… only to have things bug out for whatever reason and it’s impossible to enter.

the bolt bug is extremely unfun for mages… sometimes you get stuck unable to partial charge a spell after being interrupted. affects wiz1, cryo1, alch3, ?necro1?..

oh, yah we do have one warlock for DPS, this sux big time