Tree of Savior Forum

Where's a GM, there is a legion of Bots right now!

GM, Staff, right now there’s at least 30 bots in Miner’s Village, Server Klaipeda, Ch 2… GOGO, bring the Ban Hammer D:

@STAFF_J @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines @Staff_Julie @STAFF_Shawn

Omg so many Bots.

Well Tenet Church on Kleipeda Server has almost the same amount of bots.
On every floor and every channel.
So many people to use the new Report function on

Hello @marciao.pub,

I’ve managed to nab most of the bots. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

WOW , that was quick , very much apreciated @Staff Ethan .

Well, that, at the very least means that the current BOT Report system is working, more low level bots = more bots being banned more frequently.

1 Like

should reduce silver drop from lvl 100- areas and raise the silver from the quests, this is going to hurt the gold companys and give you time to ban those bots.

4 Likes

Thank you so much :grin:

Their bots will eventually reach the point where they auto run the entire questline to 100+ within 48 hours, probably. It takes awhile for them to develop this kind of bot so your idea should hurt them temporarily.

Suffer greatly, botters. :slight_smile:

Problem is tho, lvling a bot from 1 to100without getting a report from a player seems really hard(especially if you’re doing quests and splitting the quest mobs with the players), like, I’ll dare to say impossible.

yesterday i seen many bot at Sunset flag forest, maybe they all get banned then create new accounts today, that why too many bot at low lv maps :smile:

1 Like

it’s almost impossible to do that, you need to configure the time of the bot to walk after all teleports, there is quests you need to kill bosses and collect some items that takes time to get, teleport to certain locations and do some especial things like buying a item from the market. Never saw a bot that do quests in another game.

I have to politely disagree on it being almost impossible. “It” being the gold farmer’s ability to adapt their methods and still make money regardless.

I’d even go so far as to say its an inevitability if IMC is unable to improve their means of prevention sufficiently.

The game is easily accessible to third party programs, which says a lot about whats to come once RMT traders get a better understanding of the game, which they will over time. Speaking of time, given enough of it…its almost impossible to think that botters won’t develop the means to walk after teleports, kill bosses, or collect items.

This is not free to play game(yet) this firm can hire People(GM) just for searching bots directly and ban them. Dont know whats gona happened when it becomes ftp…

It is definitely possible. The reason you don’t see them doing it though is because it is incredibly unprofitable and a waste of time.

If a bot farms their way to level 100, they can make some good silver and get some good drops before being reported.

If a bot quests their way to level 100, they will make horrible silver and get horrible drops - and still get reported.

someone’s out there to prove us clerics can KS too /sarcasm
:angry:

nice catch OP, good job @STAFF_Ethan :thumbsup:

what about putting a capcha after doing 5 quests?

OMG I remember this from kToS. There was a swarm of bots farming Jukopi and other nasty vegetables. xD