Tree of Savior Forum

Whats your Screen name history and signifigance?

Hm.
Akai is the Romanji version of the word : Red, in Japanese ofc. But when you say it, you can understand it in an other way, which is : Destruction.
Kiseki in the same way means : Miracle.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t in such case AkaKiseki be the proper way to say it eg. just like Akatsuki aka tsuki ? Iā€™m just curious.

Yep, sounds right to me.
I can add that I wrote this new name before start my classes ^^ā€™ (Applicable Foreign Languages English - Japanese, one of the first time Iā€™m GLAD to go to school o/ )

But ā€œAkaiKisekiā€ sounds better imo, even if itā€™s not exactly right. So when I realized, I maintained it xD

Iā€™m not judging Iā€™m just trying to understand the correct way to say stuff.

I have intentionally misspelled some names before, just to get them past the system before.
Everything that works is acceptable. ^^

No problem.
The correct speeling actually would be, if I keep Akai and Kiseki, would be :
Akai no Kiseki => Miracle of Red.

And as you said, everything that works is acceptable. If ppls ask you can even say that the misspelling is intentionnal xD

Iā€™ll be looking forward to the amount of Kiritoooo xKiritox XxKiritoXx in the game hahahah.
Seph is my real name. Sephyr is there because I didnt want to put my real preferred game name because I am afraid people will nick it ._.

1 Like

Randy is my irl name. For games, I usually use Edwardā€¦ or Henry.

1 Like

Exactly why I took my post downā€¦some people donā€™t care how much a name means to you.I had one of my closer friends take mine for Instagram and tell me how happy she was about it,I told it was weird and kinda not cool to be honest.She changed it a little while after but never seemed to get what the issue is.

People need to be more creativeā€¦

1 Like

I know that feeling i have a childhood friend, when we were yougner he used my banners (not once or twice) for his guild forum without asking (found later when i googled his pseudo), never told him because it would have been too awkward ahaha and it didnā€™t bothered me enough to make a scene about it.

My only two screen names have been:

1. withlovexx: I sign my letters and cards with ā€œWith Love xx [My Name]ā€. And somehow, one day, I thought it was a good idea to just make that my IGN. I used it all the way until 2012/2013.
  2. Aaeri: My mom had a friend nicked-named Ari, but it was pronounced ay-lree. You know that weird R/L sound in Japanese? Where ā€˜ruā€™ doesnā€™t just sound like ā€œrooā€, it has that weird R/L sound? Yeah, I thought the name was extremely cute and unique so I decided to use it. This IGN is pronounced the same way, but ay-ree is okay too. XD

Sometimes on Steam I change it to something relevant at the time, like [insert IRL name nickname here] or Girl in Giraffe Suit because, cā€™mon, giraffes are the best, but most people know me by Aaeri or my first IGNā€™s nickname ā€˜Loveā€™.

1 Like

Rai: (1999 ~ 2003) Elementary School / Middle School nickname. I forget where, but some other language it meant Truth or Trust. Since at the time; I was literally incapable of telling lies. Not entire sure why, but that eventually faded.

Raizion: (2004 ~ 2014) Online nickname when I started participating in AOL/AIM RP Chatrooms and eventually found better places to RP at. Rai was too short for most of the crud I signed up for, so I evediently had to increase it somehow. Zion was something I read in a cultural class; a mountain in Jerusalem. So I just added it for whatever reason.

Ninisty: (2015~) I decided to run away from all my online friends and start over. I have no clue how I came up with that strain of words. It just happened.

1 Like

Same reason as to why I wonā€™t share my names until I actually create them. So much paranoia. I love my names and theyā€™re quite original to me. It really upsets me when I try to input a name and someone else took it.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not too worried, the Surname Iā€™m going to use isnā€™t a real word and completely made up.

Most of my names are rather made up, too. But like @Melon said. Anyone can look at it and be ā€œOoh coolā€ And use it before you get the chance to.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad someone else gets it.It takes a while for me to come up with a name if I ever have to change it,but I usually put a lot of personal attachment,and feeling into it.If itā€™s an older site thatā€™s been around for a while I understand,but on a newer one itā€™s more malicious to me and it really hurts my feelings.

1 Like

I have never experienced people using my namesā€¦so i wonā€™t share my ingame names until i create my characters as well hahaha

Iā€™m jealous oā€™ my namesā€¦ Ć².Ć³

3 Likes

Shnookums was supposed to be an endearment given by my girlfriend (yes, a gf you didnā€™t misread it).
But since sometimes we play online games together I named some of them ā€œshnookumsā€. She told me that ever since we were in high school (we are now in our mid 20s) Iā€™m like her knight.
So shnookums is a paladin / knight.

Other characters Iā€™ve played are usually support type. Named a bard Musika, and a healer type (priest), healrawr (slap them with heal until they die due to regeneration. Lol)

PS. My picture is supposed to look like totoro. A murdered sketch done by my gf. But I liked it anyway. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The sketch is adorable. o3o

Iā€™m not into cute stuff. But her works are in the exception list. :smile: