Tree of Savior Forum

What's your biggest concern?

Well, diversity. Not that I think we have too few late classes, but I see a huge potential that could be used to expand further. Diversity in my opinion from 2 things:

• lack of scaling to late game because of the flat value + your atack per hit
  • balance of the existing late classes on it’s own

Another part of the “diversity” matter comes from having more options to level. Most of us came from “that-mmo-we-shouldn’t-tell-the-name” in which we were used to field grinding, and not instanced dungeon spam.

I see many good things however, and I hope for the best on 29th :smile:

2 Likes

VR simulators like the one from SAO will probably have a kill switch to force logout independent from the game

(Like “ctrl alt del”, or a “power button” on a pc)

Totally agree with this

I find it highly alarming that there has been no word from IMC on the implementation of lap pillows for increased health regeneration.

The cross server dungeon finder is a also huge red flag. Dungeon finder systems by themselves promote anti-social behavior by making the one guaranteed multiplayer part of the game an automated match up with players you’re never going to see again or grow any sort of attachment to. Not even briefly. They may as well be bots.
Worst of all there is a huge bonus for using it that punishes you for playing with your own group friends.
Dungeons were one of the few breaks where you had a good chance of meeting new people and making friends, but now? This current system just makes that almost impossible.

It would be better to abolish this system and just update the party search feature to be easier to sort through.
Or if it HAS to stay, at least switch the bonuses around so it goes to the people who actually play the game like an MMO and put their own group together! You know?

8 Likes

or when they do come about, governments will have laws mandating what happens in each country… its not a far stretch… dont some of the asian governments already have laws when games can be broadcast as live in their country? i think so

yes china does I believe hence why some of there stuff gets heavily censored,

Leveling speed and item farming being different (worse) than the korean version. Please keep the 5 dungeon run limit and do not reduce it.

My concerns lie in how easy it is to level with friends, the replayability value of the game ( making new characters ), class diversity/viability, and the debuff system ( for PvP/GvG ).

Levelling with friends:

The game is largely driven by questing and running dungeons, and there isn’t much open world grinding ( which is really confusing, because your CEO said that ToS is a grinding game, but where is the grinding? ).

Dungeons help somewhat, since within a certain level range you are able to level with any of your friends that are also in that range. However dungeons are also bad, because they remove people from the open world. Quests are really bad for this, because in order to pair up with a friend you have to be exactly in sync with them on a certain questline. I’ve had several session with people where we spend 1-2 hours redoing the other person’s questline just to get sync’d up, and then one of us has to leave and the problem starts all over again.

If open world grinding were made viable, you could simply party up with a group of friends within a larger level range, and just grind together.

This also would help with the replayability value of the game:

Currently, the most efficient way to level is to do all the quests, because exp cards are so much better than the exp given by killing monsters. If you start a new character, you are going to do all the quests again, your path is already decided. Even the addition of Orsha didn’t help this, because exp cards are just too strong still. People now just do all the quests in both Klaipeda AND Orsha. This makes creating new characters fairly boring.

If instead there were many varied viable grinding maps, that allowed a choice for different characters ( based on how good their class was at efficiently killing these mobs ), you could play the game differently on each character. You could pick and choose which quests you wanted to do, grind when you felt like grinding, or if you wanted to go dungeoning for a bit. There would be more choice, and through that the game would be more interesting.

Class diversity/viability:

At each rank, it should be a tough decision to choose your next rank up. Clerics and Wizards do this very well, while Swordies do this very poorly. I think the Swordie tree could use a bit of a rework, around making mixing and matching ranks, and having more skills that aren’t weapon locked.

Here are some examples of what I mean. Classes that do this very poorly are Cataphract and Elementalist. It’s not a viable choice to take either of these classes as just a rank 1 or rank 2, you’d be a complete fool to not go Elementalist/Cataphract c3. This is bad, because it pre-determines your class route if you want to take this class. Chaplain also does this poorly, by requiring you to be a Priest c3 before becoming a Chaplain. Anything that causes your build to become pre-determined is not good.

Cleric and Wizard mostly do this very well though. The change to Cleric’s heal tiles was a really great example of this. Each level of heal gives you +1 heal tile, which is a pretty great boost at any level. This change alone makes it so that taking Cleric c2 at rank 6 is actually a good choice. You could also take Krivis at rank 6 for Daino / Zalciai.

The debuff system (PvP/GvG):

Currently, the debuff system needs a bit of a rework. The way debuffs are “ranked” is kind of broken, especially since 3 cleric classes provide a way to completely nullify most of the important debuffs. ( Pardoner’s dispeller scrolls, Oracle’s prophecy, and Plague Doctor’s bloodletting ). Debuffs are part of what make a character unique and viable in PvP/GvG, yet you are allowing them to be completely ignored.

There shouldn’t be skills that simply apply a buff making your entire party immune to most of the important debuffs in the game. This isn’t skill based gameplay, and it’s not very interesting to play with since there’s no viable counterplay ( other than just not picking classes that apply debuffs ).

I honestly think that cleric classes should be reworked to be active cleansers, with the ability to cure debuffs but not completely prevent them. Then, a PvP based cleric build would be encouraged to build heavily in SPR so that they could resist debuffs themselves, and be free to cure debuffs from other party members. The cleric is now actively watching for debuffs and actively removing them, instead of just applying a buff to the entire party that completely nullifies incoming debuffs ( more skill based gameplay ). If the cleric is killed, then the party has lost their debuff control and is vulnerable.

17 Likes

2: is IMC games done with the Nerfs? if not then this game is still in BETA TEST.

Wait, wait, wait. Nerfs, buffs, and balancing in general are things that always have to be done, even past beta stages. Perfect balance is impossible in a MMO or MOBA, so changes will always need be made to adjust things so we can at least come closer and closer to being balanced with each additional patch.

2 Likes

My concern is that there’s no large Talt stone in opposing guild fortresses to break.

Also, what if I want to marry a boy or another girl?

1 Like

I’m sorry but i can’t agree with this… i really think the dungeon matchmaking tool is a very essential one in mmos given the diversity of players and the fact that someone wants to actually play solo.

The problem is the way ToS does it is BAD.

The perfect one i’ve ever seen is in ESO.

• no bonus exp depending on the fact that you made a party with friends or ia the matchmaking option

• you can form a party with a friend and then use the matchmaking option to fill up the other spots

• you can use the matchmaking tool INSIDE the dungeon in case someone have to leave to fill the spot and just continue

The funny part of all of this is… many players given the challenge many vet dungeons have bypass the matchmaking tool and just do them with trusted friends/players thus making the tool extremely viable BUT not the only way to do things.

THis is how a matchmaking tool should work

10 Likes

@Staff_Julie

Regarding the transfer, what happens if the names of the founder and the new f2player clash? Who’s taking over and who’s giving in?

What are the specifics regarding the transfer? Can we still play while our ‘transfer’ is underway? Can we save our team names on the new server?

2 Likes

Thanks for making the post, the willingness of communication with the players is the very first concern afteral. I think most peoples are pointing the same:

1. Class Optimisation, while we are okay with the current shape, the diversity of the class build is very fun, but there are still many half jobs and bad designs. We are afraid the nerf/buff would destroy player effort itself without proper planning and cause further rage, for example Wizard c3 quick cast with +50% dmg attribute, while it is good, it also killing most possibility build itself because of “futureproof” because pyromancer is not, if this is nerfed i’m sure there will be great rage among players because IMC may trashed the 400h+ or max leveling.
    We player understand the difficulty to design very diverse class system, but this is also the core gameplay of ToS and we urge IMC to do it carefully, or create specific post to collect constructive feedback from players.

For suggestion, Thaumaturge have no offensive skill, but with Swell Left Arm it should able to grab Fireball/Icewall/Monster to throw for some damage, or slam on flameground to create explosion.

1. Future Content, at the moment it focus on GvG and Earth Tower which looks generic MMO for me, it is something that are causing krToS replayable declining. As long as you will leak some promising content coming, you can still secure the popularity and hope of this game. For suggestion, Multiparty-Dungeon who can compete the best achievement on the same map, cooperate and solving different puzzles for each other, and finally reward according to score. Guild PvE leveling maybe for Templar C2, until now we only have 5 in party which we feel quite limited, in RO we play 12 in party and feel the great fun for map patrol leveling, in any other form we hope the return of large scale grinding.

2. P2W element, as everybody mentioned.

3. Boss Fight too linear, too boring, too slow or too predictable.

3 Likes

You must be from the era before dungeon finders I see you do know dungeon finder is good for conveyance but bad because it makes everyone lazy working for something makes it more enjoyable.

If you got your most desired food without effort where you could just wave your hand and it appeared it would get very boring and stale after a wile but if you had to make it yourself the effort makes what you eat all the more worth wile.

Using the word bad could be good to someone else you don’t speak for everyone so please instead of claiming they are doing something bad how about just saying “to me this is bad”.

ESO was horrible in my optional in fact it was the reason I quit the game no one would talk people would abuse the fact if they got kicked it does not matter…

Some people need incentive to party up or everyone would simply just solo this is a mmorpg play with others or your simply playing the wrong sort of game…

love this post lol… one day i hope befor i die to lol

I’m going to ask the dev team how exactly they’re going to carry this out. They said it was capable and I was too excited to consider the name specifics. :disappointed_relieved:

10 Likes

hi julie

can imc/steam provide some kind of manual update for the exisiting old icbt2 file.

i just bought the founder dlc pack, and now its redownloading the whole client update(7.2gb) after i finish downloading 6.6gb update for the exisiting tos client

it will be better if there any small manual update which can add just a few new files to currently exisiting tos client folder

Stats and how the function with relation to scaling and damage in general. The stat functionality and calculatons are too simplistic which not only damages scaling greatly but also hurts the class optimization and build variety.

The entire stat system needs a hard look and likely a rework for the long term health of the game.

This is my biggest concern with regards to mechanics.

With regards to the game itself: IMC listening to carebears. I saw Hints and ideas that they may implement more guild oriented play including pvp and competitiveness which includes open world aspects. These would be fantastic for community building and social interaction which is what mmos thrive on. Don’t give up on these ideas because solo players complain or because carebears hate the very existence of pvp.

2 Likes

Getting excited like this over something that will actually make players happy and improve the game… probably the best staff member ever xD Rly in all the years i’ve spent into gaming i’ve never found a staff member that actually cared about these things.

Lack of attention for PvP, system and balance.
i’m making a pvp character, A LOT of friends are doing that too. ppl LOVE pvp in end game.
in kTOS it sems u guys are ignoring pvp completely. some classes cant even do dmg (wugushi) and some skills are just broken (stone skin).

my concern is that we get to high level without a proper balance and without beeing able to premade arenas. this WILL make ppl mad and some ppl will just drop the game cus they want pvp.

dont even need to change skills outside pvp arenas/GvG cus some skills are usefull in PvE

plz give pvp some love.

2 Likes