Tree of Savior Forum

What's your biggest concern?

Hi, everyone. I hope you’re wrapping up the week nicely whether you’re a student or a working individual.

I would like to learn about your concerns on the game, excluding the following (as I already have these down on my reports):

• Ping / lag
  • Token benefits / TP store

I’d imagine the biggest concerns to be overall balance between classes and endgame, but that’s just about it and I wanted to know what else you have to say about the game content.

Thank you in advance for your input.

71 Likes

Thank you for making this post. It goes a long way towards allaying my biggest concern. Because it shows that at least someone is listening.

4 Likes

heavy nerfs and buff will make current meta builds obsolete in the future. :urn:

NINJA PATCHES like in iCBT2 pricing hike without informing players, or any hidden changes :spy:

Granado E$pada path of balant p2w whaling $ea$on. :whale:

STAFF/GM bias on TOP paying player$ breaking rules and bad behavior :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

its okay not to have a < log out button > if we get stuck inside the #DATABASE @Staff_John

23 Likes

The biggest concern I have about this game is actually the linearity of progression.

I know that IMC has tried to improve the situation with an additional quest line, however I wish there were more places to level than just the same 3 maps around your main quest map area.

I wish there were more dungeons to explore that hasn’t got anything to do with the main quest. A unique quest / backstory of said dungeon will also be great.

And finally we’ve already discussed this before the introduction of more indoor locations for exploration.

None of these can be done overnight, so I expect them to be improved over a longer period of time (months to years).

Additionally I wish content were more re-playable, so far it seems that most maps will only be used once or twice and its a waste of development resources.

Actually a lot of my original feedback for iCBT1 still stands.

33 Likes
  1. Will GM be activity in game?
  2. Is there any rule for global chat/shout?
  3. If i got a VAC-ban because some of some reasons, not hack/cheat, can i get unbanned?
  4. About 1:1 trading, shared storage that consume item’s potential.
  5. Also, i would love to have a reset class scroll.
    Like @Karjalainen said, if some classes got nerfs or buffs, it will ruin the whole build in the future, i would love to have a class reset scroll to make another build.
6 Likes

Patch note(づó﹏ò)づ
20 characters~

7 Likes

@Staff_Julie

1. Class balance. Cleric is dominating pvp for weeks and Roledero/Hunter still sucks as always.
  2. End game contents. One of my ktos friend quit because of this, too few endgame activities.
  3. Hack/Bot/goldseller

Edit: didn’t notice “excluding the following” lol

11 Likes

she said excluding the following, and you immediately took up the reigns lol.

2 Likes

Well excluding the one you mentioned i’d say that my biggest concern is about the limited dungeon runs and the way the groups are created.

What i mean is, the way i see it, dungeons should be a nice experience, they should have special mechanics at work that makes the very act of going trough them a thing to remember or to be proud of.

I guess if the runs are limited the only reason coulòd be that dungeons are not “a fun thing to do” but “the thing to do for exp and equip” that to me kind of ruin the very purpose of the game.

I’d rather have dungeons that give just “a little bit of experience more” instead of “a lot of experience more”, but challenging, well tought out, etc and with unlimited entries.

The second point of concern is the matching system that give advantages to completely unknown people partying togheter.

I really don’t get how it works but as i understood it’s not possible for let’s say 2 friends to make a party and then add random people in it… that is kind of wrong… and i think it’s also exploitable: what would happen if during a dungeon someone decide to log off? can’t he/she be replaced because there’s already a party formed and no more people can be added?

One other thing… i’m VERY VERY VERY concerned about the game become Pay 2 Win since the stat booster scrolls are a real start to it…

About class balance… well i’m actually waiting to play the game before judging… and about end game… i can’t possibly complain about it because the game doesn’t even have an end game yet… i mean max lvl is 600 isn’t it? we have a launch with only lvl 200 and something to reach… OF COURSE we don’t have end game yet… it’s just wait and see what happens

13 Likes

My biggest concern is if I will ever be able to buy that ToS puzzle :smirk:

1 Like

Ahem.

Anyway; I am in a similar boat to @CookyKim with linearity progression. The multiple zones around the same level, separate town to start in, all of this are steps in the right direction. However more dungeon zones would add variety. Do note; I’m not talking about instanced dungeons (5 Man Party), I’m talking about zones.

4 Likes

Magic Scroll, RNG.

Ping / lag.

3 Likes

I agree with this a lot. A well thought out dungeon will be more fun to try out with different class / combination than just a HP time sink punch bag dungeon that you do few times / day and as @martinuo_tos says… .a chore.

Dungeons need emphasis on teamwork and strategic use of skills rather than just spamming keys.

13 Likes

Basically what @CookyKim said.

Game is far too linear, the quests are boring and leave nothing to player freedom.

The instanced dungeons are TOO good and make open world grinding completely useless in comparison, and having to do them every single day for steady progression is really really boring and feels like a chore.

17 Likes

A specific balance concern: Im worried that balancing efforts may totally break synergies or interactions that make some niche builds possible at all. If certain skill interactions are broken entirely some entire builds may become useless. This is not only bad in itself, but will also discourage creative experimentation down the line since people will not trust that a neat idea they have, if it works, will even always work. This would promote much more generic cookie cutter builds as the safe option.

11 Likes

My biggest concern would be the shared storage reducing potential. It feels that this benefit is not actually a benefit at all. I am just curious why this reduce potential was put into the shared storage, I understand trading and auction. Because shared storage is for your own alts and characters how would this promote or cause issues to the game.

11 Likes

There’s a handful of concerns players are having. In my opinion, most of them are because since we know there are more ranks, classes and maps to follow up, we have no idea what to look forward to. But I guess that falls under endgame in the end.

Personally, two things come on the top of my head:

Skill’s Scaling and Class Choices:
Let’s face it, most lower rank skills are nearly completely useless save for a few exceptions later in the game.

In most cases, this is because said skills simply don’t have a decent scaling and have their damage fall off very quickly with a few levels. Skills like Earthquake, High Anchoring or Flare/Ice Blast are simply bad. I think that every skill, no matter what level you get them, should scale well enough to be used in any level.

It’s quite ironic to be honest, because while the skills I mentioned are quite bad later on, Cleric skills such as Heal or Cure have pretty great damage scaling, and actually are worth using be it on level 20 or 200.

Another point of the scaling I hate is how leveling some skills does nothing more than add damage and nothing else.

A good example of good scaling is with Pyromancers for example. When you level Fireball, the skill deals more damage and hits more times. That is good scaling, because if you become a Pyro 2, you will know that your level 10 Fireball will be more meaningful than a level 5 one.

Now when it comes to bad scaling, there’s skills like Critical Shot. It doesn’t matter if you have a level 1, 5 or 15 Critical Shot, the skill will do the very same thing in every level: Do a single hit with 50% Crit Chance. The only difference is, of course, that on Lvl. 15 it will deal a bit more damage.
But even then, it’s demotivating to level it. “Why would I want to put points on a skill that will just deal more damage when I can level things like Steady Aim that actually have a proper scaling?”

Skills like these are usually left on level 1, if not 0. They’re just not attractive.

I think every skill ingame should be attractive one way or another. It sucks that in a game with so many cool skills, so many of them are ignored because they’re just poorly designed. They should give those skills cool, additional effects to actually make players mix and match with those.

tl;dr: We need to have every skill feel meaningful, and to have every level put on them to feel meaningful as well. To have a level 10 skill, no matter which, feel cooler/stronger/more impactful than when it’s just on level 1.

And the second thing that comes in my head is:

Monster/Boss Variety and Dynamism:

I think that we have so many diverse, interesting monsters and bosses, but so many of them are so linear and straightforward. Sure they have cool skills and such, but there is so much more that could be explored.

There’s plenty of games out there with amazing monsters and boss battles that IMC could get inspiration from. Games such as Legend of Zelda have very creative monsters/bosses. To get a closer example from another MMORPG, look at World of Warcraft.
Some boss battles on WoW are just fun to do because the bosses aren’t just about dodging attacks and hitting them.
There are bosses who in the middle of the fight split in a ton of small minions which you have to kill in order to weaken the boss before it reforms.
There are bosses who can only be damaged while you’re inside a certain area of the boss room, or that can only be damaged from their sides or from behind.
Hell, there are bosses who steal/mimic the player’s skills even!

I think that in a game with hundreds of bosses like Tree of Savior, it would be very captivating to have quirky bosses here and there, rather than just having to fight the same straightforward Necroventer/Chapparition/Harpeia everytime.

tl;dr: We need to fight bosses and monsters that are fun and challenging to fight, and not just some ‘HP sponges’.

////

Whew, what a long post! Sorry for making it so big, I guess I really got carried away heh.

But nonetheless these are just a few of my concerns regarding the game. I’m sure there’s at least a few other players out there who can agree with me with a point or two with it. Thanks for listening!

34 Likes

My biggest concern are nerfs and buffs completely destroying some builds once you are already lv 280 using it. Also on the balance, noone wants to be the one playing the worst class ( which is the hunter right now for a while, seriously fix the hunter ).

8 Likes

the nerf in Vendetta, it makes a worthless skill, its better to do a AA instead of using it… T^T it was a great skill RIP

3 Likes

I’m honestly very glad to see you so involved in the forums. Threads like this are a step in the right direction :slight_smile:

My main concern is that not all classes will be worth playing. I know it’s probably too early to think this will happen, but I personally wish that at high levels all the classes that I took will have an impact in my gameplay. I don’t want my Pyromancer’s skills to be useless in comparison to whatever classes we will see at rank 8+. I would very much like it if you could make every single class desirable and useful in some way even a very high levels.

9 Likes