Tree of Savior Forum

What's meta build for Musketeer atm?

musketeer must go high dex to ensure high crit chance

Dragoon had Serpentine: Additional Damage which is similar and they cut that duration from 10 to 5 second.

Fencer had their Epee Garde duration lowered by 15sec so it is not up all the time.

Nothing is safe.

Most likely it will get nerf for 100% up time.

with a2qs3-X-musk2, what should i take for X? scout or falconer?

Up to you. Scout for quest bypass/exploring or falconer for circling aoe.

With scout you can bypass alot of areas and magic mobs. For falconer higher tier questing is still an issue but at least u can provide aoe damage. Soloing’t is less of a chore basically.

Circling though is a little buggy but it’s archer god send to turn skills into aoe (like linker)

Butt stroke won’t get nerf badly for reasons. It’s basically a risk play. You will understand why i said this once pass 300 content. There are times you would never get close to certain targets because :slight_smile:

Epee garde is able to be up with viener so it’s not 15 second down time. about 10 or so. Still provides a truck ton of damage. It’s well balance. They want fencer to suffer to pick +2 weapons or go with high PD weapons. So yea. (Basically if you put up lolopanther rapiers at 100m and people will still willing to buy them due to various reasons)

scout can use buttstroke+cloaking+snipe
while
falconer can use circling+CF/snipe, right?

scout basically give you a cloaking free reposition and traveling to explore with 0 aggro.

Butt stroke is for all to use.
Falconers are still able to use butt stroke.

The key thing is you won’t really need to since you have aoe to clear. You will still use it on boss battles because they are relatively easier to dodge than mass mob.

Comparing the combi.

Scout excel more on questing like bypassing mage mobs which hits you for 5k per hit man the horror when i was doing with a3qs3.

Falconer main attraction is circling that is for 35 sec cd. It provies you up to 600k aoe whenever it’s up. That includes pen shot , snipe and CF

how long is circling uptime duration? can circling+meltis work? buttstroke is still single target affected even with circling?

10 seconds and no it doesn’t work on meltis it’s a deployment skill

10 seconds?! thats too short to combo cf, snipe, penshot. higher CF lvl means longer charge duration to use the CF? CF lv 5 need 2 seconds charge to use

It’s more than enough for cf + snipe + pen shot. O_o.

CF is the same as always. just 1.5 second full charge. 1 second for animation

snipe> 1 sec cast delay > pen shot 0.8 sec cast delay 3 burst instantly with new attributes.

Also butt stroke only last 12 second debuff though butt stroke have 8 second CD. in 12 seconds i am able to pull off snipe > cf > pen shot > 2 head shot with 1 second remaining. Then re-proc butt stroke (CF will left 4 second cD > use Ranger/QS rs filler to autos or skills ) continue the combo with CF > HS > fill > snipe > pen.

Obviously ideally thats the case on boss battles, circling for 10 seconds is long enough for you to finish CF + snipe ( normally all mobs die after this)

Musketeer used to be long range attack class. attack from the safe place. now with butt stroke Musketeer become pretty risk class. all of skill pretty slow and we need to use those skills at close range while our hp pretty low. so I think they don’t need to nerf anymore. lol

I thought they would add some strong aoe defense ratio on laters monsters so circling level 5 would not be too much op…

So far none sighted.

Just a little thing I would add. You can capture circling. Having rogue in the build really helps.

For pve i think the best musk build would be a2-ranger-scout-rogue-falcon-musk2 and it can actually do pvp quite well.

It depends on playstyle. There is actually no best builds.

Just preference of play style. with range scout rouge falcon there too much things you will need to do at a point of time it would go messy if certain is unable to micro manage properly.

A scout rouge ranger (barrage steady aim is the major key). Weapon swap delay still exist. So… yea…

If you want a purely PVE ranger 3 > falconer will win scout rouge builds any day. in Terms of raw damgae power.

QS musk will still be the no 1 single target damage over time. you can’t really win 20k damage autos with butt stroke @_@… (2 hits per second)

. . . the ENTIRE sword class has to get up close to do damage, I don’t get your point. They risk having to get up close to do any damage, and recently got a “reward” for that risk with the debuff/buff.

The only reason musketeer gets to keep their damage buff so far is the short duration of the debuff and the fact it only applies to guns. If the debuff allowed for all range damage to be 100% it will get slap with the nerf bat pretty hard.

If it applies to all range it will eventually be reduce to timer of half like dragoons, but that will never happen which is why i said for reasons like this.

The entire sword class get over haul to the point if they touch the targets the targets melt in 3 second as compared to archers.

you will understand what i mean when you hit 300 + bosses where lizards jump every where and the moment you go close to it. it uses a magnetic force aoe to suck you in with 0 counter play and you can’t even cheese through the hp with the amoutn of con + hp we are improvised. Mean while you can look at any sword class and they won’t die to it due to having way more margin of HP than any archers.

P.S all quest boss are 1m + hp and mobs are 300k-400k.

Nerfing butt stroke will just means you have lesser burst throughout and you will eventually turn useless/subpar as a single target class. Why do i say so?

Applying buttstroke debuff is a thing but you have to reposition to fire skills. Or you will die literally 1 shot. Also take note most of our skills have delay and are un-cancell-able

Since CF uses 3 second of the timing + headshot 2/snipe 1-1.5 second. it will lose it’s meaning as a bursting single class anyway.

At this point of time i will just drop muskeeter totally and focus on dopple and fencer. It’s the same reason as why play a certain class when it fails to do it’s soley 1 job properly.

Swordies get 21k hp with just white plate at 315 0 con invested. where as archer with full virtov plate is only 19k. Key difference. Swordies can go up to 33k hp with just Virtov alone vs 20k with lv8 red gems at 315.

This 12k additional HP gives you a HUGE leeway of error like tanking additional + 1/2 spiral arrows etc. OR making 1 additional mistake in misposition on bosses

Archers are considered weak as of r8 if you realise. Nerfing butt stroke will just put muskeeter at the same level of mergen lol.

Addin point. If any swordies take pelt or uses a offhand like the new shields.
Go and take a look at how much damage they are dealt from a equal level 1.5k Pdef pelt with 1k+ magic def. (from same level of boss verus you on plate )

Oh yea to add in even if they lengthen the Cool down time of butt stroke it will not change any thing since your skill rotation ends and butt stroke is actually 12 seconds instead of 10 second. (atm 8 second cd).

even if it’s change to a 16 second CD it’s still fine. Basically you just need to delay your CF. by 1 second or wait till your timers is up.

If they changes the timers it’s more or less bye muskeeter your damage is missed. Time to continue on my fencer/dopple or PD in this case since all of this case excel in what they are doing even better than a muskeeter where he can’t even burst out enough damage to compete with any one of them.

There is a reason why the entire sword tree had to be over haul. If you fought a magic mob at 240+ you basically had to sit between each mob the pots will not hold up.

With the way the 300+ mobs are going if you so much as get close to them they sneeze and you die. Just looking at aki sera video of higher level mobs, and what happens to him if he gets to close.

12k HP really won’t save you if more then 2 mobs gets a hit on you a once. You are safe for literally 2-3 seconds more. If you are in a party great priest can save, but solo there is no pots that will save you.

I’m not saying its a good thing if they get the nerf bat, but the chance is still there. I would rather they give musketeer a similar version of dragoons serp that boost the damage of all range (archer non magic). Which would make them more useful in a party play.

Archers and Wizards are in the same boat they lack a class that can bring some % modifiers to the table. Minus all the terrible rank 8 options.