Tree of Savior Forum

What will happen if player don't back even after re-balance

They’re also improving the world bossing, the mvp will drop exclusive gear. Also they have plans on gvg, not the instance gvg the other one that none has play for months. Check the ktos thread

This is the only thing I really have a problem to agree with.

Don’t get me wrong, you have very valid points with the issue of lacking content etc. But I have a real issue with people undermining crucial and vast progress with statements like “it should have already been in the game”

Well it wasn’t and it doesn’t make it any less significant coming this late.

I also think you get the mentality players have with this patch a bit wrong. I don’t think anyone thinks this is “enough”. It’s not enough. We need a lot of more changes and you have expressed a lot of things that would improve the game.
However this change will work as a basis for bringing new content in the game. It brings hope for people. The fact that they’re finally doing big and needed changes for the game and that the game can and will improve.

They actually in my opinion made a very smart decision to release this before rank 9 or new content updates. Balance has played a huge role in the dissatisfaction of players, with this they have the basis to create better content for the game.

Last I also want to say that even though this has been very much portrayed as a balance update, it’s a lot more than just that. Monster changes and damage calculation even when heavily affecting balance will also play a huge role in what it feels like to play the game.

In short it’s a great update for the game, it isn’t enough and a lot more has to be done. This is a step in the right direction and a basis for the new content that we so anxiously wait for.

A lot of us have waited for something like this for a long time so there’s a lot to be happy about, it’s a celebration and I hope they continue it this way! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I quit WoW because fighting in PvP nonstop to be able to get the higher tier PvP gear was a goddamn chore. I don’t want PvP exclusive gear in any game ever again. I don’t want to have to deal with fighting overgeared players because I slacked off one day.

The PvP gear doesn’t have to be equalized but a lot of the power discrepancy between players should be reigned in (at least within TBL).

1 Like

I do agree with what most of you said.

This upcoming patch isn’t a magic bullet to solve every single shortcoming ToS currently has as an MMO.

Take the analogy of taking ToS like a shopping mall, its walls and decors are getting dated and no longer attracting visitors to patronize it. Its infrastructure is old and can’t support adding the new attractions and facilities. An revamp is in due in order to bring it back to what it previously was, and to be a competing force against other shopping malls (MMOs).

Usually there are 2 ways to do about doing it, the first way is to tear down the entire shopping mall and rebuild it into the new dream mall. However doing this will make it lose all its existing customer base, and there is no guarantee that the old customers will come back since during the rebuilding time they will just get their needs and wants from other malls.

The second way, which is more feasible, is to progressively upgrade parts and sections of the shopping mall while still opening for business. It will be slower than tearing and rebuilding, but it does help in retaining business since customers can still shop while the mall is under renovation.

In ToS’s case now, this upcoming balance is like a revamp of one of its core infrastructure (the damage formula and skill formulas). Yes the mall (content) is still as bland as before after the revamp, with the ToS mall not gaining any new attractions, facilities (content) to attract the new and wow the old. But with the new infrastructure in place, it sets a sturdy foundation for new sections to be built.

Revamping core mechanics and creating new content takes time to do, and things need to be done step by step. We just need more patience, give them time to fix the shortcomings of ToS. I too find that the PVE content is too boring currently and PVP is totally non existent in the game. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

P.S.

I’m actually quite happy that they decided to revamp the entire damage formula set skill damage into % form, although it kind of make me ditch the final Chapter of my Musing (Rant) series, since it touches on class balancing. No point to finish writing and posting it when they announce the revamp at the point when I was writing it lol. Hurray :3

2 Likes

Pretty much this.

If I want true PVP I will play moba instead of PVP in MMORPG with pvp gears. I have a job, so I don’t have much time to grind those things. New players or casual players don’t have a chance to stand against geard pvp players, not mention about toxic players and how they brag about themselves when they can easily bully others.

I came to ToS because of class diversity, different builds, expect good drop table, group play and some ragnarok vibe.

3 Likes

See if botters flag it again?

2 Likes

but they are updating now everything… i dont know what u want ;/ game becoming better and better… go and buy some tp from shop to support developers meyby!?

Just rebranded sht with new cover, Stat system became even more garbage, OP skills from OP classes are still here, unnecessary weapon/skills restriction for archer and swordsman. People cry why the hell they dont get loots in a DPK system then they got what they wished for (RNG) and calling it even more ■■■■ even they though thats what they wanted in the first place. Warlock Necro AFK bot faces are getting even more thicker. Slow to fix urgent bugs. Unbalanced equipment stats between classes. Transcendence having the highest share on damage output. No restriction for magic users. PVE is getting even more dumber (zero challenge).

1 Like

I’m not against the balance update or i’m not happy for this.

Is just that i see an uncomplete path in imc/nexon plans.

To keep hyped player and give them a reason to keep play, they should have only “show” no release, new contents.

Gives us a preview of rank 9 gives us a preview of increased party capacity with fps fix. gives us a preview of new coming content.

This in the general scenario make much sense because:

they are revamping stats, monster and bosses, soon will start with pvp and after they will introduce later this year on Ktos rank9

If rank 9 will be the same with only 20 more floor of ET game is going to be much underwhelming.

For this we needed only they proove to us “something more” to make us have a REAL trust on what they are doing.

because they can do a better game but if don’t give us the proof of other improvment still need too much to have a playable 2017 game.

What happen when you get your balance patch but still crash in ET or gvg or TBL?

And the most thing concern me, is that we ALREADY have BALANCE PATCH.

but quality of PVE life is not changed at all.

we only see poor man stuff in the videos, for the “BALANCE” patch i was hoping for a more hard game.

Where everything don’t die in 10 sec, where you need strategy and coordination with team mates.

But game is still destroy everything in 15 sec, and BALANCE patch already here so i think they will NEVER fix this aspect of game.

For me this is not a true balance in PvE. for this im not happy of this patch and of the changes, at last are a good starting point but still will need around 2 years + before the game become enjoyable at this rateo of fixing stuff and introduce new content.

Is just you not used to WoW.

You can go in bg where even if you have PvE gear can stay in back line and give your contribution to game, farming honor for buy first bg set.

After the bg set ther’s nothing you can do if not join a arena team or a guild that does ranked battle ground.

you’re not forced to PvP gear in wow, but are forced to have a good group. probabily you’re a solo player and is not what brings you at top on WoW pvp that is based on voice chat CC coordination and burst right target while incapacitate others. [quote=“minigod121, post:139, topic:359367”]
If I want true PVP I will play moba instead of PVP in MMORPG with pvp gears.
[/quote]

i play moba since 2005. I like the strange hack n slash combat of tos mixed with few action element and possibility of play with gamepad.

it remind me much moba and or hack n slash game, and i love both.

is sad to see a game with good potential ruined by bad managment.

1 Like

People keep saying “balance update” when this isn’t a balance update. It’s just a game mechanics overhaul. Isn’t the only time balance has been mentioned with regards to the pvp balance patch that’s coming soon after the combat update?

I don’t think anyone should expect pve to be balanced like a normal title. I don’t think they ever intend to. Kim even said before of the underpowered classes that they’re deliberately underpowered for roleplay purposes.

for this i clearly say i think this aspect of game is never going to change.

And is a pity because turn the game in a casual shoot everything cash grab p2w.

1 Like

Im going to reroll my main as full con no pelt squire 3. I wish kim would give us swordsmen kawaii maido outfit for my main. Squire is the most fitted for maido outfit.

1 Like

OFC once balance is gone remain only barbie dress up game XD

1 Like

Oh i love barbie roleplay too. Hi ken wink*

1 Like

Hi bb who are you barbie or one of her friend?

double wink ^^

1 Like

That sounds cute and casual. I wonder if any devs ever said they wanted the game to be a cute and casual game…

Casual yes cute i think was implied

1 Like
1 Like

It’s me…do you recognize me now?

3 Likes

here is where our hopes lies.

3 meter under graveyard

@jynxie08 yes now i do :smiley:

2 Likes