Tree of Savior Forum

What will happen if player don't back even after re-balance

In the end, even if better, the game is always the same.

No rank 9, no new event, no new dungeon but only hunting ground to fix low lvl missing gear issue.

Most of people left game because is boring to do only saalus and et. all the bugs and un-balance make just situation worst.

True that for a game like tos also 1 player more is good, but how long people will enjoy the game even if fixed but:

no battleground, only random team battle league with no way to party with friends. so you just find random ppl random lvl and is even restricted only at certian time per day.

farm daily for make billions of silver for silver sink stuff, and farm et and saalus.

And? i can fight other players in pvp and maybe have a pvp set? no! there is any endgame istance or raid with hard pattern to learn that is not only shoot everything in few sec?

no!

We have all those changes but still don’t have 1 cross queue or even more simple one pannel for queue from anyplace and not be restricted to be in front of dungeon.

i still see only a big flash light in the eye of the cow before milk it even more because know end is near.

edit: forgot to say maybe the end for western market and international versiona. there is still hope for some SEA server or SA most of player are from those 2 nation.

3 Likes

wellp, some people are never happy, i like the upcomnig update, alot.

Welcome to mmo’s in the end its all we do Grind Moar, Do dailies, Min Max, PVP. :smirk:

lets say IMC scrapped the upcomnig patch to give you r9, what will you do after you achieve r9?

15 Likes

It’s just a game what you are expect for? Do you want them to throw everything at the same time??? And don’t you know the game itself still Beta version. I don’t understand why people complain so much about the game but still playing. So, if it doesn’t make you feel good and happy, just play another game. So basic, right?

3 Likes

I want only something to keep the hype high and give me a reason to put lot of hours and efford in a toon.

If i can’t do a matchmaked Battle Ground begin able to invite my friend or guild mate the PvP aspect of game go down as everyone who like PvP know too good.

If I can’t have a real end game that is not kill boss in 15-30 sec what is the point in put efford in my char to make it growth for in the end do nothing?

or sorry I will be able to farm quicker ET to sell the stuff and make more money to invest in the silver sink.

after? no pvp no pve what the point?!?

just a preview of rank 9 with fps issue fiexed with crossserver istance matchmaking, with pvp party match making, with the new increase of party capacity, and maybe some raid.

I can be happy even without raid. but all those things are necessary to the game. Not a plus.

2 Likes

Also my concern come from the fact they will have to handle entire pvp testing part now. after rank 9 that is only more skill and lvl and et floor.

I can just be out for 2 years before we have:

Cross server matchmaking from a menu panel
Battle Ground with possibility of invite friend / guild mate
Fix Fps, increase party capacity and raids.

I put last three things together because is basic that if game freeze and crash with 5 ppl need a fix to fps to make the party bigger and to make raids need party bigger.

Is just that I still see lot of way to do and time will not be short for sure.

like someone else say alpha is just closed now begin beta.

1 Like

PVP random tbl match with random ppl at random lvl is not pvp, not even gvg with crash for too many player in same place for bad fps issue.

you can ask to anyone… oh right 40 k already left

1 Like

you should be the next to leave :wave:

10 Likes

Read the ktos thread, imc is revamping world bossing, pvp and gvg

PVP where only a few selective builds that turns anything else into garbage choices barely makes much sport.

Most horrible part is the fact that some builds can simply just 1shot others in pvp, that is not a fight if you ask me, neither is hiding behind different buffs that turns your character invincible promoting some classes to just cheese the game until they win. Revive avaialble in pvp??? Getting healed to 100% hp from 1% HP in a second?

The only reason pvp may last longer than a minute each round is most likely because someone just playing passively or else hes dead in a few seconds.

Theres too many balance questions to even call it pvp WITH premade. But lets say your wish comes true, and you do get your premade groups avaialble, then i hope it will only be “premade vs premade”, while other remains “random vs random only”, as premade would obviosuly have strategic advantage over random party.

Its crazy to believe all players since launch would ever stay forever in the first place.
Sure, ToS is far from perfect, but now were getting a good update, and all you want is r9 and pvp, else its apparent to me that you beleive the game will die.

Releasing r9 and just rebalancing your pvp will likely only encourage a certain group of people to stay, but sadly IMC has to think about more players than just those that only cares about pvp,

1 Like

Most of them are casuals that dont linger on a game for too long. They will leave after finding out how buggy the game still is and slow to fix urgent bugs. I dont buy that “pvp rebalancing” sht theyre advertising, theyre known to do the opposite of fixing. If they wanted to increase the population all they have to do is remove the team that balance the game(skills, PVE, contents etc) and hire more capable people on bug fixing, faster contents. Advertisement wont matter if your players are unhappy because of IMC incompetency, they will just leave again.

2 Likes

PvP is about tbl for now that don’t even provide a PvP gear.

Ofc if there will be a premaid version you fight against other pramaid but what i mean is not tbl 2.0 premaid. i bean battle ground, battlefield with objective to capture or defende or flag to turn or castle to assault etc etc.

also no talking about fps issue fix how could be gvg fair if they don’t fix fps first? but if answer is “chek your internet connection”

i don’t see anything worth to invest thousand of hours in here and is not about i quit because i did long ago. is about no hope for this game if no contet over tbl gvg et saalus. not even pvp gear and game is “casual” so players don’t have to be hardcore.

what is exacly the goal atm? full et 40 set + jewelary for farm more quick low lvl dungeon for silver sink and carry better in tbl b/c you can get queued with rank 6 ppl?

we need

fps fix
pannel for istance queue
battleground of some kind that is not tbl 2.0
pvp gear
some kind of guild world war event
raids.
cross server dungeon.

anything else is something we should have from the early access but dev are too incompetent to realize we’re in 2017.

Though I disagree with @projectx0606, he does raise a good point in how this won’t be enough to fix all of TOS’s problems. There is still more to do past the Combat Update, and the World Boss/PVP update. They’re saying endgame hasn’t improved that much, the path there certainly has, but endgame itself consists of the same content. The coming months will be game changing, but there is still more to do, there are still fundamental issues to be addressed.

2 Likes

The game will just lose or gain players while people fight about it on the forums. Pretty much what has been happening for years.

1 Like

Whatever happens, happens!

I think you’re right that the reason why people quit is that this game ultimately has a tendency to be unfulfilling, tedious, and boring in a general sense. But I also think a lot of people left because they were disillusioned by how a huge, if not main, draw of the game turned out to be unbalanced and mediocre. that being theorycrafting for classes and whatnot and seeing the output in combat.

I remember a thread on steam right before ToS launched international with a guy warning people that the game is no fun and that the theorycrafting was actually the only really engaging and enjoyable thing about the game. It’s nice that they’re putting effort in fundementals to fix this.

I don’t see a good point in making a thread saying “what if this just ends badly” because lmao what if right? Where exactly does this question take anyone except to piss people off

3 Likes

[quote=“projectx0606”]What will happen if player don’t come back even after re-balance ?[/quote] Then the game will just continue to slowly die. Everybody’s aware of it, IMC first. Nobody’s fool enough to be sure it’ll work. But it’s pointless being a doom-knight and overreacting for now. They’re working on it and they’ll bring the changes bit by bit, nothing else anybody can do. It’s not like you can change most of the game in a couple of months, it requires time.

You’re not wrong, but the problem is that those are issues IMC have said they’re working on.
They also claimed they won’t do any raids because they said it was messy (it’s poorly optimized after all, that doesn’t help). It was a really long time ago, but they said it. Maybe someday™ they’ll change their opinion, if their game is going better… one can hope.

Imo though it’s not only about PvP or R9. Gaming isn’t only about trying to be the very best like no one ever was, and eternally farming instances/PvP, it’s also about having fun with your in-game friends. More and more games are realizing that and giving “playful” contents, but IMC hasn’t done that yet.

Anyway, they’re working on their game, trying to add more real contents and fix things. So at least we should wait a bit until they present us what they’ve been working on for months before complaining again.

1 Like

In my opinion they should…
make blessed shards untradeable.
ban afk necros
no silverdrops in dungeons (and lower the silversinks)
at least a bit balanced pvp
remove the wb debuff (and good drops)
nerf clerics!!!

6 Likes

There are one thing I disagree, and one I agree:

1. agreed with the frustrating “silver sink” system. Actually, IMC made the game in a way that NPCs are extremely irrelevant from the mid-game onwards. If you would highlight someone that is actually used, would be the Blacksmith. I’d love to see other NPCs selling useful stuff and services, and letting the game to have some other types of silver sinks that players could make use of, without just wasting money. If players could buy powerful SP potions, for example, only from NPCs and those actually were up to their cooldown and weight, it would be very nice to have in end-game characters, even if they would cost shitloads of silver. What I’m trying to say is that IMC could redesign some NPCs to become silver sinks with some better usage for the players.

2. I totally disagree with the game being fated to “death” if nobody returns after combat system rework. There are already those who play, and that will be the game community for a long, long time. The only thing IMC could actually do is to introduce more end-game content, or contents that players can use without getting bored. Well, actually it’s all about farming, doing instances and going team battles. I don’t see a lot of people going for the guild battles, which were launched as one of the IMC’s biggest promises and revolutions. I’d really love to see more of that “region domination” thing in practice. Another idea is to bring something based on the Garrison system from WoW, that you have to grind a lot for items, quests and stuff to upgrade it and unlock some cool and useful stuff.

Don’t believe that ToS is doomed. However, it truly need some work to not die. I hope that IMC is really looking after new ideas for keeping end-game players busy.

Game will continue chugging along until the whales stop dumping money into it, TBH.

2 Likes

Just to add on what @Queue said.

Although this combat revamp patch doesn’t add in any new content for end game, it does certainly pave the way for better endgame experiences. Just think of the patch now as fixing one of the supporting pillars of the game. With a strong base support the game can then have a good foundation to pack more and more content layers without collapsing on top of itself.

The next update after this will be interesting, since they will be addressing the PVP aspect of the game together with guilds.

Things are starting to look good for ToS.

9 Likes

Lastly, even FFXIV and Elder Scrolls Online took two years and a “revamp” to become what it is now today. Those games have a way higher budget compared to ToS and it still took time to become good.

Just trust in our great leader he’ll take down those imperia - sorry I had to make the joke.