Tree of Savior Forum

Website Re-Design Poll

i am like the first and second,
the first have good ui i like the window below the video it is good for rank, server status, or new updates.
the second have great background and a flashy golden frame.

1 Like
  1. The second one
  2. The first one

1 is the best for me. !

#1 and #2 looks awesome just because of the background and how the layout works. Its simple and clean compared to #4 which is looks too messy for me. I dont really like it to be honest just because of how messy it looks. #3 was a no no personally because the menu is on the bottom.

1 header seems a bit asymmetrical, but the design is fine. 2 is great, but itā€™s missing some characters arts and some fancy stuff here and there. 3 is also great, but I would reverse the position of the menu with the embed video box. 4 feels too out of place for a front page, but the design seems great for showcasing patch notes and that kind of stuff.

The best design would be number 4 with some adjustments like merging those 3 column at the right side of the page and giving more space for the content on central column.

2 Likes

#1 is the better choice for me, but not in the state itā€™s shown. Maybe if we could justā€¦ remove the Triple-D Giltine and replace the background with the one shown in #2, everything would be gravy.

Somehow I prefer number 4 with colors from number 1, I must be different I guess :smirk:

1 Like

#but we also need to vote which goddess/NPC to place there

1 Like

^this, so much of this

I prefer the first one.
xD

1. The header of the first layout really seems asymmetrical, and the design seems a bit old for me
  2. I wish the second layout had a sidebar or something like that to look less static, but I just loved the colors, everything is combining very well
  3. There are a lot of empty space and there is nothing really highlighted
  4. I liked that, seems to have new things happening everytime, it seems dynamic. It would be nice to try other colors on the sides tho, some dark colors maybe, just to be sure.

2 or 4 for me.

Lol @ so many idiots voting for 3. Have fun going to the bottom of the page to access the things you want instead of being able to instantly reach them at the top.

1. In general, great layout and good choice of dark colours. Good division of space for important things like news posts, important videos, etc. Although it might be better if the sides werenā€™t so wasteful of space even though the background does look nice on it.

2. Too much empty space on the sides and the logo takes up an awful lot of space. Also it looks like thereā€™s no room for things like news posts at all.

3. Even worse offender for space than 2. Putting the links at the bottom of the page also does not make sense. People always read and scroll from top to bottom first and things like browser bookmarks, address bar and all the important stuff are at the top, things should be easily accessible from the top. Bright colours are also bad on the eyes.

4. Itā€™s alright but tries to squash too much information on the screen at once. Would be better if the backgrounds were dark colours. Does Twitter feed really need to be there? Subjective.

The first or the second one are both fine, last one could be ok if the text wasnā€™t blending with the background in the right section of the screen.

1 Like

First one. Less boobies on the picture, thoughā€¦

1 Like

1 or 2, since they arenā€™t heavy on bright colors.

1 or 2, because they have dark background which allows you to focus on whatever is in the center. Also, a bar on top of the website makes it easier to navigate.

For some reason I thought that empty space above the menu was going to be used for important info or server status or something, and the main content of the page was going to be below the menu and simply not shown in the screenshot.

However, since all the other screenshots show the main content area, I think my initial thinking is probably wrong. Hopefully the web developers realize that they canā€™t put the main menu at the bottom of the page, and use the same design but with the menu at the top. :confused:

Let me also explain why 3 is the best choice (assuming the menu was at the top):

1. A giant image takes up the top half of the screen, so you need to scroll down below the fold to see important announcements.

2. The very first page is a video, so you need to change pages to see important announcements.

3. Important announcements are above the fold - good!

4. Way too crowded. A 2nd website design will need to be created for displaying on mobile devices. This design looks slightly outdated - it reminds me of websites from ~5 years ago. If you are going to go with this design I would drop 2 of the 3 feeds on the right and pad the sides with empty space.

1 or 3 look the best in my opinion.

1 for the layout and 3 for the theme/style.

You should consider combining them. Replace #1ā€™s theme with #3ā€™s but keep the layout. That would be perfect.

I like number 2 since itā€™s simple and clean.

Number 3 has a really good design, but I prefer the menu on top, not under the video, this is just personal preference.

Both number 2 and 3 are designed to catch peopleā€™s interest, the other ones not so much.

The easier to find what you want, and what you are interested in, the better.

Numbers 1 and 4 seem too clustered for me, and I think those designs could confuse people when they land for the first time.

1. Nothing wrong with simple. =)