Tree of Savior Forum

[Weapon Costume] nxLynz // Telsiai

Welcome to Relics’ of Crystal Mine set concept thread for Weapon Costume contest!.
All weapons concept here are inspired by Crystal Mine and everything that exist on that cave, or a possible fanmade story that might be a part of Crystal Mine.

========================================================================================

Overall gimmick suggestion for all weapon will be:

• No Gimmick or…
  • Instead of red blinking effect when reaching +15 anvil, it will be blink to white light blue-ish to match weapon theme.
  • Crystal part in every weapon will have some mild light reflecting glowing/waving effect.
  • Feel free to changes or make modifications all these weapon design (if it get picked), it doesnt have to precisely like what ive suggested/designed.

========================================================================================

Tvirtas Musket

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Mild glowing light blue-ish aura in normal or only when affected by Sniper Serenity
  3. Bigger flame light blue-ish aura in normal or only when affected by Sniper Serenity
  4. image
    Enemy killed by Snipe will get rooted and frozen (like crystal) for a few second and exploded (items still instantly dropped right after kill not when animation end)

Description:
Abandoned old musket by guard that rooted by the first Tree Root Crystal that grown in Crystal Mine.

Akvamarinas Dagger

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Mild glowing light blue-ish droplet like aura emmiting from dagger
  3. Mild glowwing light blue-ish droplet like aura emmiting from dagger & some spinning white orb in the arc
  4. Moving aura like aurora inside crystal part
    tumblr_nvnvatCOHU1sk6vtao1_400
  5. Adding attack animation to normal/skill attack like this
    E282354f2b349959223e49f8ed8eaddfe0f38445_hq

Desription/tooltip:
A Dagger crafted by Teliavelis using rare mineral from Crystal Mine and blessed by Goddess Jūratė.

Plysys Pistol

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Spinning light blue-ish aura around the Tree symbol while in battle mode or in normal mode too//like Dr.Strange portal
  3. Gunpowder color changed to blue color range to match the weapon (including skill to is possible)//or still the same as original
  4. Moving aura like aurora inside crystal part (like suggested in dagger gimmick)
  5. Some trail-light stuff moving between the fissured part like
    this
    giphy
    or this (but with much slower speed)
    eYd0C
  6. Size slightly bigger than normal pistol, if possible

Desription/tooltip:
One of the two Flint Winterwood’s legendary pistol that fell into Crystal Mine deepest trench in his battle againts Mirtis. Accidentaly unearthed several decade by miner, and it became one with the crystal.

Valgumas Rapier

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Mild glowing flame/fog light blue-ish aura in normal or only battle mode or only when affected by Epee Garde

Description/tooltip:
Cursed rapier that emmiting uneasy strange aura. The original owner known love to slaughter living and undead things in Crystal Mine.

Ziemosvele Bow

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Mild glowing light blue-ish flame/fog aura in normal or only battle mode or only when affected by Swift Step
  3. Some trail-light effect coming from the eye
  4. Some orb-ish that emmiting flag/fog aura from the mouth
  5. Normal auto attack and/or Mergen’s skills projectile modified to blue-ish color projectile like this
    ezgif-4-84d2a7293ce8

Description/tooltip:
A bow used by Vhangomont Breogen to slay Užšalęs the Dragon who terrorize Crystal Mine’s miners, now it become more powerful after it restored and enchanted by Teliavelis.

Atsvara Shield

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Flame/fog light blue-ish aura emmiting from crystal in the middle in normal or only battle mode or after successful block//giltine part=purple aura, laima part=white/light yellow aura

Description/tooltip:
A Shield with carved Idol that gives the bearer ultimate steadiness.

Gryteus Pike//1H-Spear

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Flame/fog light blue-ish aura emmiting forming a hand guard in normal or only battle mode
  3. Changing color pallete to ligh blue-ish for some 1h-spear exclusive skill.
  4. Crystal part will shattered slowly until it disappear when reaching 0 durability.(it will returned to normal state after repair)

Description/tooltip:
An abandoned lydeka with unscribed rune that crystalized naturally, found in Crystal Mine.

Niquila Rod

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Spinning red/orange-ish flame aura from the tail, and flame trail from the eyes in normal or only battle mode
  3. Some fire/lava-ish like this dripping around the phoenix part, maybe in wings or beak
    zsPPuB
  4. Gimmick effect will be bigger when/after casting fire-based skills
  5. AA coming from phoenix’s mouth if possible, with some flame effect around the beak every attack like this, also AA will become red pallete (like Enchant Fire) but smaller.
    dragon_trainer_tristana_s_basic_attack_vfx_by_jasonkeyser-da7sf7g

Description/tooltip:
Abreh Melinn’s legendary staff blessed by Goddes Gabija and part of Phoenix Grita’s Soul.

Straujas Katar//1H-Sword

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Mild light blue-ish flame aura in normal or only battle mode
  3. Weapon become blurry when affected by any buff skills from Scout base class like this//as for now it will blurry when affected by any buffs from any class while using this skin.
    ezgif-4-351a70e1f2c2
  4. Some effect slashing soul out of body like this after landing a crit, or after monster is killed
    Manifold_Paradox_Coup_de_Grace_effect
  5. Changing idle and attack stance to match how the weapon wield.

Description/tooltip:
A Strange looking crystallized object found in Crystal Mine that no one knows what the function is. Rumors said it is a weapon specialized in killing enemy quickly.

NB: this skin concept is focused for rebuild patch, with new scout tree arriving, a katar based weapon would be pretty good in my opinion, especially with 1h-sword is scout main hand weapon and you can pair with it a dagger

Ziemosvele Greatsword//2H-Sword

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. Flame/fog light blue-ish aura emmiting from mouth and eyes in normal or only battle mode.
  3. Black flame emitting in the edge of sword in normal or only battle mode.
  4. Creating a fissure trail like in the picture above or like the gif below (but with blue-ish pallete)//not visible to enemy(for pvp QOL)
    ezgif-4-087e05c243e8
  5. Changing stance when running in battle mode like on the picture//also for incoming Re:Birth changes where swordman class can run while in battle.
  6. Playing some demonic SFX like THIS SOUND after killing certain amount of enemies or a boss//while the sword seeping some soul like Featherfoot blood sucking or pole of agony demon face.
  7. Some blue-ish flame aura hugging the bearer while in idle/normal mode walking/non-battle mode running

Description/tooltip:
Demon sword owned by Nix the Demon, known to make the bearer bloodthirsty and consuming owner’s soul slowly.

Empyrean Spear//2H-Spear

Gimmick Suggestion:

1. No gimmick at all
  2. White blue-ish smoke aura flowing from the edge like this on normal or battle mode only
    ezgif-6-e57e09878a4a
  3. Playing some soaring SFX like THIS SOUND when casting some spear exclusive skills

Description/tooltip:
A Spear fallen from the sky and piercing though Crystal Mine Cave. The owner of the spear is still unknown to this day.

Verge Mace//1H-Mace (Concept Only)

Pristij Mace//2H-Mace (Concept Only)

Dvyniai Staff (Concept Only)

Glass Cannon (Concept Only)

Kardas Crossbow (Concept Only)

PSD Files Link

SAI Files Link

NB: Ambient effect layer doesnt work on PSD because i work on SAI, also mostly i painted it in 1 layer so it looks like a jpg/png covert to psd (not much layering). Provided .SAI too for comfy

38 Likes

looks pretty
also clever design
thumbs up

1 Like

:man_in_tuxedo:t2::+1:

i get this ff15 sleek and stylish feel when looking at these Owo

bump

• Update 28-Oct-2018
    added: Basic draft 2h-spear, 1h-spear, staff, staff head alt-1, rod, rod alt-1, rapier,2h-mace alt-1
2 Likes

does the dragonhead breathe fire Owo?

bump

• Update 29-Oct 2018
    added: dagger, shield, shield alt-1, shield alt-2, shield alt-3

its stone orca from crystal mine

2 Likes

oh my! you’re right OAo i always thought they have a horn like the stone whale Owo;

bump

• Update 15-nov 2018
    added: 2h-bow, pistol, musket, cannon, crossbow

• No idea for crystal themed cannon, so ive decided to put “glass cannon” idea

• Crystal Mine musket idea from Tree Root Crystal (musket wrapped by Tree Root Crystal)

• Crystal Mine xbow - sword mixed with xbow a reminder hackapell was part of archer tree

• All weapon basic draft finished

2 Likes

honestly i hope you win , your designs are amazing , i want that musket skin !

2 Likes

bump

• Update 16-nov 2018
    added: Finished musket render, gimmick, & in-game preview
3 Likes

bump

• Update 16-nov 2018 pt.2
    added: Finished dagger render, gimmick, & in-game preview
1 Like

Please add the PSD files as soon as you can and remember to edit the title at the end to remove the extra stuff…

I want to see em in-game :smile:

yea, i will do that, that extra long title is only before due date

bump

• Update 17-nov 2018
    added: Finished pistol render, gimmick, & in-game preview
3 Likes

bump

• Update 17-nov 2018 pt.2
    added: Finished rapier render, gimmick, & in-game preview
2 Likes

Love that we both went for cursed rapier :blush:

i would buy the hell out of this shield.

bump

• Update 18-nov 2018
    added: Finished 2h-bow render, gimmick, & in-game preview