Tree of Savior Forum

We need a statement from the staff

You’re not understanding what game optimization means, while accusing me of logical fallacies I have not committed, and insulting my capability to read things.

This arguement is losing it’s purpose now. I digress.

I appreciate everyone’s responses so far, thank you for contributing to this.

Uh… it’s still beta… and 3rd / 4th day of it. It has drastically improved from CBT… give it time.

There wouldn’t be so much shitposting lately if the staff actually showed up and responded to our concerns.

I can’t believe they are actually celebrating with pizza now, with nothing to do. It’s so early in launch they are definitely working on fixing problems. Voice your problems, they will be heard but might not be worked on right now.

Yeah, i’m pretty sure they are pretty aware of those issues already. It’s impossible for them not to be, and it’s already being discussed (probably. I hope).
Thing is, that’s not the point of this thread. The point is, if they are aware, let us know for sure! It’s not hard to post “hey, we are aware and working on it”. Being out in the dark is horrible, and makes players feel like IMC does not care.

1 Like

In the off chance that you aren’t trolling, I’ll bite one last time. Let’s pick the first fallacy you committed:

Moving the goalposts

So what is your specific claim? You made it in the original post:

The game has problems. Ok, with you so far. What are some of these problems?

Gold sellers shouting is a problem. What do you want to do with this thread?

You want them to ACKNOWLEDGE the game problems. Got it.

Then comes alone me, nojustno, to break up the circlejerk (ack, sorry). By pointing out the fact, that some of your complaints have already been acknowledged.

Specifically, with regards to gold sales, shout was modified as part of the emergency maintenance.

Now as you and I both recognize, this is not a final or permanent solution. However, this does fix the glaring problem of 1 megaphone being the equivalent of a massive wall of text.

So are you with me so far? Your claim: IMC is not acknowledging the game’s problems, specifically gold sale shouters. My evidence to refute your claim: patch notes directly addressing gold sale shouters. Now, it’s time for you to move the goalposts:

Getting rid of gold sellers was never part of this discussion. Remember? You wanted to establish a communication. You wanted IMC to acknowledge the problem. But when I point to direct evidence of them not only acknowledging the problem, but taking the first steps towards solving it… bam. You move the goalposts, and cry about the problem not being solved. Rather than acknowledged or addressed, which was your explicitly stated goal throughout the thread up until this point…

Don’t worry, it’s easy to fall into logical fallacies when your arguments are being thoroughly dismantled. I don’t blame you at all. See the ad hominens I’ve had to endure from @srb19932125 and @preh89 .

When my opponents start using logical fallacies, I know that I’ve won the argument. The insults are my punishment for interrupting the jerk. Don’t worry, you can go right back to it now that I’ve spoken my peace.

1 Like

It’s an opinion that 85+ % of the vocal community share.(link)
There’s a change.org petition about it.
It’s in 1 out of every 5 threads on the main page atm.

Your other points are valid and it’s obvious IMC is putting out the fire’s, but there’s a landslide coming down the hill at the building and it too needs to be addressed. The community is making sure that IMC sees/hears it coming. If you disagree that’s fine ofc, every one is entitled to their own opinion, just like is being expressed here.

1 Like

If IMC decides to change trading I’ll be first in line celebrating. I would prefer a more open trading solution myself.

I just don’t think it’s fair to lump in design decisions with glaring technical difficulties like broken quests, bolts/goldsale spam and server stability. Make the game stable first, and THEN start talking about QoL improvements.

Criticizing IMC for not responding to a game design choice, even if it’s an incredibly unpopular one, while they are busting their asses trying to get the core of the game working (as they should be) is simply not reasonable.

2 Likes

So just because its a game design decision we should just stay silent? oh wow.
You do know that the trading system wasn’t like this in iCBT right? that this is a recent decision made and we are displeased with how it affects our experience and enjoyment of the game, if we didn’t care about the game we probably would stay silent about the matter. But we do care and that’s why we are trying to get the staffs attention. They haven’t said a single word about it.

But then thing is, if we dont talk about it now there wont ever be a change to it :confused: They might think they got away with putting trading behind a massive paywall, or that nobody cares. It doesn’t even put down any of the other game flaws or bugs i think they should be focused on too, but they are usually things that gets sorted out. We are just discussing something that could potentially be the end of the game.

1 Like

A post saying that they are looking into the trading issue does not take much time at all. That’s all it would take to appease a lot of users here. We haven’t gotten an update on this issue in a while. Is anything being done? Is anything being reconsidered?

I understand that the discussion has to go through a lot of people and that posting does require approval, especially about features, but this has been an issue since day one. A post assuring users that it’s being handled would go a long way.

3 Likes

This is a protest. It’s a rather civil one at that. He’s not calling the devs idiots or incompetent he’s legitimately just trying to open up a channel of communication.

Maybe, and this might be, I’ll admit I may not have read another post, but maybe I missed a post and you weren’t talking to the OP?

Supernova is the OP :confused:

OH HAHAHAHA this is what happens when you don’t get enough sleep…

I would like to withdraw my stupidity from this conversation.

bows and leaves quietly

1 Like

No the poll wasnt rigged. Sadly the forum majority really did think having only a month and shared between all 3 founders packs was a good idea.

And this is why I will continue to turn on the full retard toxic flow.
Then bitch at me some more when I get a response because everyone else wants to act civil instead of raise hell until someone is forced to do something about it.

Bumping this thread so it wont be forgotten, we still need a statement from staff about this. I don’t know whats taking them so long to be able to tell us that they are atleast looking into our issue. But for the time being we should do our best to keep these topics alive.

3 Likes

Bumped.

You can deal with the elephant in the room IMC, but when your done, there is still a mammoth in the corner. :wink:

2 Likes

I like the ideas and thoughts presented in the opening post. I think just getting statements and acknowledgement is not really enough though…

Here is a more concrete proposal in terms of what imc staff could do to vastly improve community relations and to address what many see as “selective attention” to current issues with the game: