Tree of Savior Forum

We need a statement from the staff

Everybody knows the problems this game has. There are constant threads day in and day out about the problems with this game. Optimization and performance. Server lag. The trading system. The bots. Dungeons not working, quests not working. The rate at which enemies spawn, causing people to get shafted out of quest objectives. Less servers than the beta.

But does the staff know about these problems? And if they do, are they going to fix them? They do have a thread listing some of the issues, but they only have 9 issues listed out of the plethora of ones there, and problems like the trade system and the game’s optimization have not been given any attention by the staff.

There is very poor communication between the staff and the community of this game. What I want to accomplish in this thread is COMMUNICATION. I want posts by staff members stating that they acknowledge these problems and intend to fix them, all of them. I want people in this thread to state problems that the staff has not acknowledged and bring them to light.

I do not want the staff to end up only focusing on some problems, and leaving the game a near unplayable mess due to optimization. I don’t want the game to end up less laggy, running well, but lacking a good trade system. I don’t want to see gold sellers shouting even AFTER they changed the character limit, which is exactly what has happened. And I don’t think anyone else does, either.

This game has the potential to be absolutely incredible. Even as bumpy as the game has been so far, I get a sense of enjoyment from it. I can imagine it running smoothly, no lag or stuttering or poor fps, with no gold sellers shouting in the chat. I can imagine queueing into dungeons, and swapping drops around with friends with a good trade system. I can imagine the guilds, the pvp, people setting up shops in town, everyone enjoying this game.

But things need to change, and I think everyone agrees. I want this community to come together and pool all your thoughts and anything else you can think of to get the attention from the staff.

I want a statement from them saying they acknowledge our woes, and are going to fix the problems. Otherwise, I don’t see this game lasting 2 months from now.

I can only hope the staff actually cares and didn’t just take the money and run with it. I hope IMC realizes that, if this game turns out good, they will certainly profit more.

I am asking the community and IMC personally, from the bottom of my heart: please work together to make this game good. I can see myself enjoying this for a very long time to come, but work needs to be done on this game. None of these problems can be overlooked, NONE of them, even one of them is a glaring issue that makes this game unenjoyable.

I appreciate everyone’s time and I especially appreciate the staff members, but please, put an effort in to put some of us at ease about the future of this game.

@STAFF_Ines @STAFF_J @STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie @STAFF_John @STAFF_Shawn

24 Likes

About three years ago I wrote up a small article about what it takes to make a great MMORPG… what the CORE elements are.

Do you know what was on that list among the “greats” (which, incidentally seem to ONLY be the classics)?

Developer to Player Interaction (in both the form of communication AND spontaneous events in-game).

5 Likes

You should start by tagging the staff members.

However things that need to change are the trading system and the management of shout privileges.

Solution for trading system:
It sucks. You can’t trade with a friend unless you shell out $18.00 USD (best case scenario) and said friend has to have shelled that out too. You both consume 1/30 trades per transaction, effectively costing you about 60 cents a trade or $1.20 USD total. It’s discouraging and to put such a basic common feature behind a paywall is pretty stupid in all honesty.

IMC could give free players 30 trades per month and premium unlimited, but I think everyone should get unlimited trades. It’s a basic feature. Some people have friends. Sorry.

Solution for shout chat
A chat filter would help a lot. We already got a character reduction which is nice and I have noticed that we do have a cooldown on using megaphones (feels like 10 seconds). I would say adding a level system to shout usage would help a lot. Nothing too drastic as newbies would likely ask about stat points and advancement via shout. Perhaps level 10 or something.

7 Likes

I absolutely agree. In a time like this, where the players need to be informed about what is going to happen to this game, we need communication from the staff more than ever.

This is an age where F2P mmo developers are viewed as typically not caring for their playerbase. They need to show us otherwise. This could be an F2P mmo that breaks the mold of “low quality cash grab” games, and all they need to do is listen to the community and fix what is broken.

3 Likes

In the last 48 hours, this game has gone from a 93% rating on steam to a 71%. (link)

The foundation for an amazing game with a huge community is here. Don’t throw it away. Listen to your community, and respond to them.

3 Likes

Those user reviews. Not looking good.

This sort of attitude isn’t going to change anything, although I understand why you’re frustrated.

It’s a little early for pitchforks and torches, but we do indeed need everyone’s voices to be heard in the hopes they will continue to listen to us.

Remember this is the company who changed there dev plan twice and release plan based on community pushback/feedback. It is certainly harder to change your mind when it involves money, but we can only hope the company that claims it wanted to be a breath of fresh air in the MMO community will continue to heed it’s players cries for help.

3 Likes

You couldn’t have said better, mate!

Team storage too please.

IMO, things get sticky when money starts getting involved. CBT was awesome because it didn’t cost players anything yet. Now, they can put up a paywall on anything they want to.

Oh, and the spawn rates too. I experienced this firsthand last night during the Light Attack quest. People camping for a monster that used to spawn a LOT in CBT.

1 Like

Oh don’t even REMOTELY try to blame it on our attitude. We didn’t create the failed lack of communication model that publishers embrace.

This type of “attitude” where you attempt to open a line of communication and build a relationship with the developers is EXACTLY what will be the difference between “turn your back on it” and “try to make this work…”

I can’t even begin to express how much I can’t stand the ignorance of blaming people who aren’t the problem.

I’m not blaming it on your attitude. I’m saying having that sort of attitude does not contribute towards solving the problem.

Do you want protest, or a riot?

1 Like

You need both. Protesting is nice and works at times. Rioting however usually works faster. We had to riot for the Founder Pack change. If IMC keeps this up, they’re going to get another riot.

I can’t say I don’t agree, maybe it is what needs to happen for them to really consider what is happening.

The saddest part is, all we need is a single announcement, a post saying updating us on the trading situation. They can’t even give us that. So yeah, I forsee a riot. IMC seems to learn things the hard way.

2 Likes

But I think that the founders pack riot was expected. All that ruse was just a marketing technique so that they’ll look like they care so much about players’ opinions – maybe they really weren’t planning on going with the initially planned founders packs at all.

I dunno, it’s just so fishy to me that they changed their mind on that very easily. Publicity materials and well-refined founders pack options were all ready within a night.

Of course this is just a theory. Wear your tin foil hats everyone.

1 Like

The poll was rigged too and IMC deleted the announcement about the game going into Open Beta. I can’t say if they planned it out to that degree, but I think we can all agree that IMC gave players the illusion of choice and rigged that poll like crazy.

It actually doesn’t make sense to consider a trade costing $1.20 because the premium token does a lot more than allow you to trade.

Everyone LIKE this thread, we NEED better communication, I have never felt more ignored as a costumer before, I’m pretty sure they don’t even care tbh.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.